An amazing Idea has just occurred to me in a dream.

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

what do you think

plausible
82%
improbable
18%

Total votes : 22

Postby Magic Soap » Mon May 31, 2010 4:48 am

Well, I think there is an element of chance, fudgery, deception and secrecy involved with the whole PM, secret factions, host thing that all make up a forum battle. But yeah, it might work with someone like NatalyaAF etc... who are willing to show their faces and mostly do straightforward battles.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Warhead » Mon May 31, 2010 5:03 am

Yeah, maybe. But all you'd get is Natalya shouting "Kill the fuck out of them! YAAAAR!!!" That's pretty much the content of her PM's too. From observation she has taught me everything I know about forum battle command.

If this is the future of Forum Battles then I'd have to bow out. It'd just take one photo of me sent to my work with a link to the crap I say on this site and I'd be sacked. Believe me, cops have been canned for less and people hold grudges, not that I'd ever try to avoid causing people to have grudges.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby james+burgundy » Mon May 31, 2010 5:36 am

Personally I am still going for the conspiracy that warhead is a bunch of BS and is really some 14 year old kid that why he would never show his face, but thats just me. I also think that a real time battle would beat the heck out of all this slow PM'ing
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Mon May 31, 2010 5:54 am

If I was then you've been getting your ass handed to you by a kid all this time. Ah-hahahahaha!

Ok, it's time to tell the truth. I'm actually James' mom. I've been sneaking online un-noticed just so I can Troll him 'cause he's so spoiled and lazy about the house. It's the new ultimate teenage punishment. Hi son! :D
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Mon May 31, 2010 9:56 am

james+burgundy wrote:I am all for this idea, being that IMO forum battles go by far to slowly.
piltogg if you want I would be willing to do a trial run this way with you at you convenience .

probably next friday at some point would work best for me. So that would give you a week to figure out what website has a video chat type thing and whatnot, as well as set up.

also, in regards to the angle of view issue. the computer or camera could be moved around periodically at the discretion of the players, also, a handheld camera connected by a long cord to a computer would be highly preferable, as then the host could just carry it around when he was enacting peoples orders.
Last edited by piltogg on Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 31, 2010 10:04 am

Crazy Old Tech Trader wrote:Psst. Hey. Hey you. I hears that you're in the market for Old Tech. I've got something I think you might be interested in...

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home/

If you like that, I know where I can get some Stalker parts- hey where are you going? Get back here! That's mine! Thief!

I got the tech to make it happen. Investigate. There's a combo video chat/IRL function, calls to other accounts are free, and it's rather easy to use. I don't know if conference calls would work or not though.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby james+burgundy » Mon May 31, 2010 10:51 am

Ok sounds good, for the site I think http://www.stickam.com/ should work fine for our needs. As for battle ground I am assuming I would host the thing but if you want to I don't mind at all.
Right now the only thing I have build land wise if my semi done apoc set up.
but I would have to add some more baseplates to it for it to work so if you want o use it tell me so i can make the add on's.
Also on the cam issue the moving around works fine or I can also take pic's with my cam and get them uploaded pretty quickly.

@warhead :shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Lt. Krus » Mon May 31, 2010 11:03 am

Warhead wrote:Yeah, maybe. But all you'd get is Natalya shouting "Kill the fuck out of them! YAAAAR!!!" That's pretty much the content of her PM's too. From observation she has taught me everything I know about forum battle command.

Ditto.

Warhead wrote:If this is the future of Forum Battles then I'd have to bow out. It'd just take one photo of me sent to my work with a link to the crap I say on this site and I'd be sacked. Believe me, cops have been canned for less and people hold grudges, not that I'd ever try to avoid causing people to have grudges.

Or you could wear a mask.... :roll:
Lt. Krus
Jaw-Jaw

Postby piltogg » Mon May 31, 2010 12:17 pm

ya, a little bit bigger of a battlefield would be nice. just add some rubble and trees and shit surrounding it if you don't have much time. I'll look in to the two options of website provided so far later today after I get all my homework done and whatnot.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 31, 2010 1:20 pm

Huh. That's a rather cool build J+B. I just held a 20vs20 match on a 16x16 road plate, so it would certainly fit your needs.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Mon May 31, 2010 4:57 pm

from a 45 second overview of each of the two candidates, Skype looks like a much more secure environ, likely to have the tools we would find useful. Also..... more professional, less infested by really horny people.

I made an account there, username is Piltogg
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 pm

yes? no? maybe? something.....
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby james+burgundy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Yeah sure its good
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby piltogg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm

kk
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:10 am

Ok so far we have like some time Friday (whats your time zone?) via skype on a battle field hosted by yours truly right? Anything I need to be doing for this besides siting around the house for a few days? (out of school over here in redneck land)
james+burgundy
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements