Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Re: Bann154's Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 pm

AnnoyedZebra wrote:perhaps some yellow and black warning stripes on important ares like the gun and exhaust could bring more colour and draw attention to those areas

I will have to do some internet looking and see if i can find some pictures of something like that.

Image
I got some highlights on the first Kastellan but im still not sure of what loadout to give him. Guns and guns, guns and flame thrower, fists and guns, or fists and flamethrower. Or i can try magnetizing it.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Modelling Adventures

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:55 pm

bann154 wrote:
AnnoyedZebra wrote:perhaps some yellow and black warning stripes on important ares like the gun and exhaust could bring more colour and draw attention to those areas

I will have to do some internet looking and see if i can find some pictures of something like that.

Image
I got some highlights on the first Kastellan but im still not sure of what loadout to give him. Guns and guns, guns and flame thrower, fists and guns, or fists and flamethrower. Or i can try magnetizing it.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... PvAvC5zSN9
is what I meant by warning stripes. Like a band of those

Great highlights btw.
User avatar
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Bann154's Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Spoiler: show
AnnoyedZebra wrote:
bann154 wrote:
AnnoyedZebra wrote:perhaps some yellow and black warning stripes on important ares like the gun and exhaust could bring more colour and draw attention to those areas

I will have to do some internet looking and see if i can find some pictures of something like that.

Image
I got some highlights on the first Kastellan but im still not sure of what loadout to give him. Guns and guns, guns and flame thrower, fists and guns, or fists and flamethrower. Or i can try magnetizing it.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... PvAvC5zSN9
is what I meant by warning stripes. Like a band of those

Great highlights btw.

Oh i know what you mean im just thinking of placement really.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Modelling Adventures

Postby Captain-Camper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Im liking the battle worn look of it, have you thought about using a weathering powder on it?
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
User avatar
Captain-Camper
seriously?
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 am
Location: Here and There Along the Echo

Re: Bann154's Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:Im liking the battle worn look of it, have you thought about using a weathering powder on it?

Not really. I personally have not seen a whole lot of weathering powder on models so i haven't really considered it but i may when i start painting other vehicles.

Image
Anyway i finished the first Kastellan im really happy about how he turned out, currently the power fists are not glued together they are just sitting together im going to see how hard it would be to magnatise the arms by magnetizing the other ones arms. The next thing will be the datasmith.

Image

Image
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby Captain-Camper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 pm

I personally think ma.k modelers use too much of it but they have some helpful tips so go check them out
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
User avatar
Captain-Camper
seriously?
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 am
Location: Here and There Along the Echo

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:I personally think ma.k modelers use too much of it but they have some helpful tips so go check them out

I may actually have to find a place that sells some.

Image
Finished the Datasmith now i just have to wait for the second Kastellan to come out of his Simple Green bath so i can scrub him and paint him up.

Image
Both of them together.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Image
So the Kastellans and the Datasmith are done i now have a fully painted 600 point admech army. Despite the vanguard needing to be based, i guess i should do that next.

Image
None of the weapons on either of them are glued so as soon as i paint the other options i can simply switch them at a whim.

Image
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 pm

So i finished up my Hive Tyrant as well as a terminator. Lemme know what you think. Looking at the pictures i really need another desk lamp to get equal lighting.
Image
The Hive Tyrants arms are magnatised so i can use him with wings and without.
Image
The back.
Image
Right Side.
Image
Left Side.
Image
Termie.
Image
Other side.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Menacing colour scheme. Looks a bit flat though
User avatar
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.
 
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Image
So i got a box of gaunts and started throwing them together and painting them this is the first sprue worth of them. I still have to flock their bases but thats about it.

Image
Also painted my warriors who again, need flock for their bases.

Image
I also went and did up an ork to tabletop standard.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri May 12, 2017 7:41 am

The red is nicely painted/shaded/highlighted.  Have you considered breaking the black up with a gray?  Might help bring out their individual detail a little more.

Still, more than adequate for play.  Most of my figures are stuck together and primered and nothing else.
User avatar
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:The red is nicely painted/shaded/highlighted.  Have you considered breaking the black up with a gray?  Might help bring out their individual detail a little more.

Still, more than adequate for play.  Most of my figures are stuck together and primered and nothing else.

I have actually but the grey i have usually ends up to dark to really see so i do need to acquire a better one.
Image
I started work on my dire avengers and tried to use a gray highlight on them but its really hard to see in the picture.
Image
I also started work on making plasticard power axes to equip to my iron hands because they look to function very well in 8th edition. So im curious what do you guys think of the blade design? This is by no means a complete weapon i will be using plasticard for the shaft and adding details later on but im out of plastic tubing currently.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby Captain-Camper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 pm

How's 8th edition is it any good?
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
User avatar
Captain-Camper
seriously?
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 am
Location: Here and There Along the Echo

Re: Bann154's Painting and Modelling Adventures

Postby bann154 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:How's 8th edition is it any good?

Not out yet (17th if i recall) im just going off of the previews posted on warhammer community
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
User avatar
bann154
bann is the mann
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Canada Eh?

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests