Quake Champions

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Quake Champions

Postby BFenix » Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 am

So, I've been trying out the new Quake, it's currently on Open Beta btw (I believe?), and I must say it's definitely not as horrible as most people say.

Though understandable that a champion-based system with different stats and abilities can be quite a big step in what we're used to see on arena shooter, but to be fair, the core gameplay characteristics that make Quake what is has always been are still there, although, yes, the character abilities can turn the tide of a fire fight. I was a bit skeptical when they announced this, "another great franchise victim to the MOBA-ish or hero shooter trend" I thought, and be warned, there are plenty of characteristics shared with stuff like Overwatch in there, even if mostly cosmetic though.

What I'm not digging at all is the CSGO style of matchmaking. I really hope the add a game browser later.

Anyway, I believe TB made a fair analysis and an excellent point in his latest video, check it out:

What do you guys think? Add me on the Bethesda launcher-thingie if you want to frag some fools, beta is up until May 21.
BFenix
Pooplord

Return to Lesser Games