Mechwarrior Online

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:17 am

501stCadians wrote:Ahhhh, this game. I've been enjoying the beta for a while now. Love the punch of my Catapult and PPC Jenner.
YOU HAVE BETA?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:
501stCadians wrote:Ahhhh, this game. I've been enjoying the beta for a while now. Love the punch of my Catapult and PPC Jenner.
YOU HAVE BETA?
Cadians has everything. Except money for a TF2 server. :wink:

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah I got the Atlas because it's iconic & it would be more espensive to buy than the others in game. It's carrying a pair of LRM 15's and a quad of med pulse lasers. I'm also trying to get the hang of a catapult with a pair of ultra AC5's.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:30 pm

I wish my pooptop was good enough to run this game, because everything about it sounds totally fucking awesome. I haven't sat in the pilot's seat in a looooong time, but I'd love to go nuts on some mechs.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I wish my pooptop was good enough to run this game, because everything about it sounds totally fucking awesome. I haven't sat in the pilot's seat in a looooong time, but I'd love to go nuts on some mechs.
I still play the Mektek version of MW4:Mercs on my PC. Hence why I desire this game so much, but I suffer from the same problem.
RoC77 wrote:Yeah I got the Atlas because it's iconic & it would be more espensive to buy than the others in game. It's carrying a pair of LRM 15's and a quad of med pulse lasers. I'm also trying to get the hang of a catapult with a pair of ultra AC5's.
Looks like the weapons in this game are a lot deadlier than in MW4, at least from what I've seen. From the trailers, a few bursts from some pulse lasers could do some serious damage, while a salvo of missiles or a shot from a PPC could blow a mech's arm off.

In other, non-mechwarrior related news, I just got off MekTek.com and apparently they're making a new Heavy Gear video game as well!

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RoC77 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Well, not quite that powerful, I think the game is set on 3049, so we're limited on the IS mechs and pre clan equipment, so it takes a bit, unless you have good shot placement. But they can still do serious damage.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm

BFenix wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:
YOU HAVE BETA?
Cadians has everything. Except money for a TF2 server. :wink:
What? no, i've got one of those. It's a private Mann V Machine server. I'll get a public one soon.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 pm

RoC77 wrote:Well, not quite that powerful, I think the game is set on 3049, so we're limited on the IS mechs and pre clan equipment, so it takes a bit, unless you have good shot placement. But they can still do serious damage.
Oh okay. Not to brag, but I think I'm a pretty good shot when it comes to hitting specific parts of enemy mechs. Despite this, I still have a tendency to get blown up pretty frequently. Whether or not this is because I like to charge straight into a fight guns blazing or because my lancemates always seem to be slow as molasses I'll never know. Perhaps both.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RoC77 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Bah! New patch came out, it flushed all my C-Bills and now we have to pay for our repairs & ammo. If your mech is destroyed and your team loses, you won't get enough money to repair your mech and you will have to use the trial mechs to earn cash. Was an interesting night last night trying to play and fix my mech, had to sell some equipment I had for money. Won a few games at the end, luckly wins get you enough cash to cover 5-8 repair losses depending how you play.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RoC77 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
RoC77 wrote:Well, not quite that powerful, I think the game is set on 3049, so we're limited on the IS mechs and pre clan equipment, so it takes a bit, unless you have good shot placement. But they can still do serious damage.
Oh okay. Not to brag, but I think I'm a pretty good shot when it comes to hitting specific parts of enemy mechs. Despite this, I still have a tendency to get blown up pretty frequently. Whether or not this is because I like to charge straight into a fight guns blazing or because my lancemates always seem to be slow as molasses I'll never know. Perhaps both.
With this latest patch it looks like they're still tweaking all the weapon dmg. Yeah I've noticed that running in will always get you killed, with or without support. First one in, first one targetted by 8 mechs at once, you can only last so long, even in a 100 ton mech. I think I might join a Merc company, team tactics helps <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 am

RoC77 wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:
With this latest patch it looks like they're still tweaking all the weapon dmg. Yeah I've noticed that running in will always get you killed, with or without support. First one in, first one targetted by 8 mechs at once, you can only last so long, even in a 100 ton mech. I think I might join a Merc company, team tactics helps <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>.
Thats what really gets me mad about online games these days: no one WORKS TOGETHER LIKE THEY WOULD IN REALITY. Sounds like you pretty much have to use teamwork to get the advantage on your opponents.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 am

Have they put in teams and stuff yet? I've been busy playing Planetside 2.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RoC77 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 am

Well, I've been lucky in a few games, I'm a lone wolf right now, I already learned not to rush in. And to just kinda stick together with the group and attack whatever comes at us one at a time and hopefully kill'em before the guy behind him gets into range. But, against organized teams, they'll bait you and try to split your group or, lead you away and cap your base, there was one group that just sniped visually with heavy's from a distance and when we tried to rush in they had close quarters assaults waiting for us.

Yeah, there's already group with friends before you launch, but you will need to run teamspeak to talk to them since there isn't one in game.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RoC77 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 pm

You can get in Closed Beta through PCGamer

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/21/mechw ... 012-issue/

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:34 pm

I never really looked into it, but I always wanted to. So I've been watching the site since I found out about it. I'm pretty eager for its release.