Want to play some online game with other BrikWarriors

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Re: Want to play some online game with other BrikWarriors

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Nitewatchman wrote: Mount and Blade: Warband.
There is also Chivalry, which is basically this without the open world war waging
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm

piltogg wrote:aint nobody got time to read that thread.

But um yeah, would be fun to play a game or two with you all. I'm not really a hardcore game, so expect that I will suck at whatever it is. and that I probably don't own it unless I bought it during highschool.
Planetside 2, it's free.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Keldoclock wrote:
Nitewatchman wrote:He has to keep ports open on it and always have it online or they'll show up at his door and whack him.

Or something like that :wink:

The machine is a mid-2010 MacMini that was (and is) used as a server, no real considerations for gaming or anything like that. But hey, 8gb RAM, and while the graphics card is the shitty integrated laptop type, it's still a vast improvement over my last two computers! (the third most recent comptuter I've owned was better, but I made the mistake of buying a cheap power supply and of course that led to a failure which fried all of my ram and both of my hard drives! DON'T BUY THE CHEAPEST POWER SUPPLY)

Right now I have an agreement where I get to use the computer but a bunch of guys run a wiki server on it. This way, I managed to get the hardware for a price that was less than stratospheric.

USB headset

Or if you wanna get stupid geeked out... laptop with headset plugged in which is on the VIOP (teamspeak, vent, skype, whatevs).
Then game on the other box.

Seriously tho... nobody types text anymore. Step into the 21st century and get a mic =^.^= We even use vent for UO which is a 14 year old MMO!

PS. I finally got a rig that doesn't suck ass... I'll have to check out PS2.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't have a second box anymore (part of the reason of me buying this instead of dedicated gaming computer was the extreme shortage of money to spend on luxuries like gaming), and from past experience juggling games and phone is just awful.

USB headsets are an idea I had forgotten about, I think because they would usually break in about six weeks for me.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 am

501stCadians wrote:Also, macs are for pussies.
no, they're for people who like using top notch hardware. I can play every steam game I own on this thing, with quality better than my TV and old pc. (it isn't even a high end model)
I didn't bother reading this whole thing, but what about dungeon defenders?
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 am

samuelzz10 wrote: no, they're for people who like using top notchoverpaying for and having silly restrictions on hardware.
I am ambivalent towards Macs. I don't like many of Apple's practices, but the computers themselves are fine as long as you don't buy them from the Apple Store, they charge double or triple what the stuff is really worth. As a working computer they are just fine, OSX is a little bit difficult to use for some things (IE it has limits so Granny doesn't delete her own operating system) but you can always just use the Unix that is at the core of it to do stuff. It is a good way for someone used to ordinary operating systems to transition to using Linux.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Keldoclock wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote: no, they're for people who like using top notchoverpaying for and having silly restrictions on hardware.
I am ambivalent towards Macs. I don't like many of Apple's practices, but the computers themselves are fine as long as you don't buy them from the Apple Store, they charge double or triple what the stuff is really worth. As a working computer they are just fine, OSX is a little bit difficult to use for some things (IE it has limits so Granny doesn't delete her own operating system) but you can always just use the Unix that is at the core of it to do stuff. It is a good way for someone used to ordinary operating systems to transition to using Linux.
linux is pretty shit. most games don't support linux, and I've never had software trouble. after getting used to it, it feels more comfortable than any PC OS has. if you're going the microsoft route, for the past 10 years you've been wallowing in some of the shittiest OS systems known to man, like vista and OS 8. I don't want to turn this into a MAC VS PC war thread, but it's the truth.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 pm

samuelzz10 wrote: if you're going the microsoft route, for the past 10 years you've been wallowing in some of the shittiest OS systems known to man, like vista and OS 8. I don't want to turn this into a MAC VS PC war thread, but it's the truth.
I believe everything Ron Burgundy tells me.
Just watched it again a few days ago.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Keldoclock wrote:
linux is pretty shit. most games don't support linux, and I've never had software trouble. after getting used to it, it feels more comfortable than any PC OS has. if you're going the microsoft route, for the past 10 years you've been wallowing in some of the shittiest OS systems known to man, like vista and OS 8. I don't want to turn this into a MAC VS PC war thread, but it's the truth.
People shouldn't talk with Apple's dick in their mouth, lest they end up like Colette, a cash depraved bitch of Zombie Steve Jobs.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
501stCadians wrote:I can play every steam game I own on this thing, with quality better than my TV and old pc. (it isn't even a high end model)
So you're praising your monitor, ram and graphics card? PCs have those too ya know. Except as separate, removable, and (most of all) up-gradable parts.

For someone who doesn't want to start a Mac vs. PC war, you sure are talking a lot of shit.
:omnom:

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm

I prefer to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows 7, and laughing at apple-worshippers. My parents bought an iMac awhile back. When I first saw it, I was very confused, because there was just a monitor. Then I realized that the geniuses at Apple made a giant iPad and called it a desktop computer.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
501stCadians wrote:I can play every steam game I own on this thing, with quality better than my TV and old pc. (it isn't even a high end model)
So you're praising your monitor, ram and graphics card? PCs have those too ya know. Except as separate, removable, and (most of all) up-gradable parts.

For someone who doesn't want to start a Mac vs. PC war, you sure are talking a lot of shit.
:omnom:
Considering I'm not one for modding, yes I am praising my computer. PC computers are a technical mess, if you want to throw away a year of your life reading technical manuals or pay someone else to assemble it after you buy parts then that's a completely different story. When I said tv, I meant Gaming consoles. not very specific. But still, people give macs a bad treatment even though they are a thousand times better than PC computers. I can go the warpath if you want, I can back myself. I don't prefer apple because I grew up using macs like collete seemingly has, him never using a pc. I've taken the painful path of the PC, and my Mac feels like an oasis in comparison.
Pwnerade wrote:I prefer to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows 7, and laughing at apple-worshippers. My parents bought an iMac awhile back. When I first saw it, I was very confused, because there was just a monitor. Then I realized that the geniuses at Apple made a giant iPad and called it a desktop computer.
That is just making fun of a computers appearance. you sound like you're a CoD worshiper making fun of minecraft.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Pwnerade wrote:I prefer to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows 7, and laughing at apple-worshippers. My parents bought an iMac awhile back. When I first saw it, I was very confused, because there was just a monitor. Then I realized that the geniuses at Apple made a giant iPad and called it a desktop computer.
I like that setup. iMacs confuse the piss out of me, too. They're weird.

Also, the "Linux sucks for games blah blah" thing is beginning to be kind of moot. Steam's got a Linux beta, and more and more devs are developing for Linux versions of their games.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Get a life, losers. Or Nethack.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:Also, the "Linux sucks for games blah blah" thing is beginning to be kind of moot. Steam's got a Linux beta, and more and more devs are developing for Linux versions of their games.
mostly true now, but third party support is still lackluster. probably less than 10% of computer owners have linux.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig