In the Cold North - Forum RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: In the Cold North - Forum RPG

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 pm

So are you decided on your plans for the night? You have twelve hours.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:25 am

gogogo

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 am

Scratch/Nisos is the only one who hasn't said anything on these plans. I think we might be settled.

"Leave the fire burning bright. It will be our second sun, to pierce the darkness. We shall sleep in shifts - I do not care for the order in which we watch, but leave the last shift for me. I wish to see the sun as it rises in the sky. Then we will strike."

I'm assuming we have 8 hours until the sun comes up: we can have 3 shifts of two hours and twenty minutes each (or if we have as long as 12 hours, that's 4 hours each shift), which is managable.

I propose Gregor and Adarim keep watch for the other two shifts while I take the last one. Saucix has the higher wis score (which I THINK is tied to perception) but you guys seem the most keen on defending us in-character.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 am

Adarim rings the campsite with oil, leaving a gap of a couple feet. Gregor climbs up a tree and ties himself to the trunk. Saucix meditates.

Rolled Wis 14+12

No visions appear to Saucix tonight.

Adarim's watch is uneventful. So is Gregor's. Gerald notices nothing unusual at first. But towards the end of the night, he suddenly hears the soft creaking of paws on snow, and whispering goblin voices. They are coming from several directions.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 am

Nisos attempts to discern the precise locations and numbers of the approaching attackers, and attempts to identify the leader.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:38 am

OOC: He was taking watch, which means that the rest of us didn't wake up yet. It's on him now, I think. Arkbrik can correct me if I'm wrong.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:50 am

Ya'll are asleep. Now I get to make the terrible decisions!

The Darkness closes in around us, and so be it. With one of my torches I ignite the oil, and shout with the strength of our newly expanded sun as the blaze extends outward, and lights the faces of our enemies. "AWAKEN MY BROTHERS, THEY ARE UPON US! LET US LAUGH AS THEY BURN, FOR NONE SHALL OPPOSE THE RISING OF THE SUN!" I draw my longsword, and check that every man is ready for this fight. "THE SUN WILL BLAZE IN THE SKY, EVERMORE!" As soon as the ugliest of the monsters rears his head, I shall show him no mercy. Tonight, the light shall pierce the darkness.

OOC: COMBAT PRIORITIES FOR GERALD:
6. Don't let anything within the circle
7. Don't let any friendlies get hurt
8. Beat the ever-loving fuck out of the strongest enemy

I'm sticking to my longsword for this one, unless i absolutely HAVE to whip out my crossbow since nothing is in the circle of flame. Even then, I'd rather stand guard & fuck up whoever crosses the line in melee.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Saucix wakes up, quickly putting his armour on. He grabs his bow and asks the goblins what they're doing here.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:22 pm

"Why do you think they're here, you dolt? I should have slain that goblin when I had the chance... You almost assuredly do not have time to throw on armor. I'll protect you while you do it, but It's probably best if you just start loosing arrows."

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Gerald ignites the oil and wakes his comrades up with his shouting. In the light of the rising flames, he sees seven goblins mounted on wolves surrounding the camp. Four of them wield short swords, the other three carry shortbows. They loose arrows!

One aims for Gerald, and the arrow finds a chink in his armor. 5 damage

The other two aim for the man in the tree, Gregor. The branches give him some extra protection, but one of the arrows finds its mark nonetheless. 5 damage

Situation:
Spoiler
Show
Saucix: 8/8 HP, not wearing chainmail

Gerald: 3/8 HP

Gregor: 1/6 HP, tied to tree

Nisos: 1/1 HP

Adarim: 7/7 HP

Opposition:
4 goblins with short swords
3 goblins with shortbows
7 wolves
Putting on chainmail will take one full turn.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Goddamnit Gregor. I really should've slept in my armour too. Next time.

Can I cast sleep and cure light wounds on the same turn?
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

I would guess not. I'm concerned that we're all taking 5 points of damage - one more hit to either of us will be fatal.

I have the higher AC and damage output, so I prooooobably need the health the most. I'd prefer that first, then sleep, then arrows. Fuck the armor because we don't have time. If we get the goblins to focus on taking me out, I can buy some time for the rest of you to shoot shit at the archers (who require immediate disposal). I'm also tossing my crossbow to Gregor, since he has no ranged weapons. Don't close in for melee, and stay safe.

Nisos, we need a magic missile and pronto. Protection from Evil may or may not be helpful. Adarim should be shooting arrows, and if Gregor is able to get a crossbow bolt off, best case scenario we can kill every archer in one turn. They'll close in for melee, but the fire wall will deal the first bits of damage while my longsword should finish them off. If we get bad rolls, at least magic missile SHOULD take one of em out, and I doubt the other two archers will both hit their marks. By that time Saucix can be casting sleep and shooting arrows with the rest of us.
Last edited by IVhorseman on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Adarim
Begin firing at goblins with the shortbows. Be sure to dip arrows in the ring of burning oil. I don't have time to rip cloth, but hopefully the oil will stick every so often.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm

As of this moment, Saucix and Adarim have the most hitpoints and highest probability of surviving the next turn. Nisos and Gregor both need to protect themselves. I'm fighting defensively at this point, but if I can get a heal, I can keep tanking.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:54 pm

I will heal Gerald's wounds first then. If I can I will cast sleep second on the shortbow goblins.
Image lol j/k