In the Cold North - Forum RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: In the Cold North - Forum RPG

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:38 pm

I notice Gregor setting up camp. "Our battlefield would make a terrible place to camp, but should the party agree with you, then I will not stop us from waiting for our deaths in the next few hours. I will even bury the corpse I created."

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 pm

"We have no use for a hostage? Your sun worship sure hasn't made you any brighter. The goblins will strive to see vengeance now that you've honourlessly killed and mutilated someone sent from the Goblin Queen herself."

I sigh, dissapointed that I agree with Gerald's action to go back to the stony place.

"In any case, we need to go to the stony place so that we can rest safely. If we fortify and block the entrance we can heal up before any goblins come to ambush us. Plus we need to go there anyway."
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:49 pm

"Then let us press on. If the goblin tongue had a word for 'honor' I would be more worried, but none exists. Their retribution will be exactly as cruel and swift as it always is. It is the goblin way."

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:51 pm

OOC: For future reference, can I cast sleep on party members?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Duh? I mean I could attack party members if I felt like it.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 pm

This is some quality roleplaying. I like it.

Adarim
"You're right. Goblins are not creatures with a strict honor code. Fyespon earlier had someone fight you in her stead, correct? As I recall, you entered into one on one combat. Yet the goblins did not all come at you at once. This was after a skirmish where we took several goblin lives and lost none of our own. Can you look me in the eyes and assure me that had they chosen to do so, you would have emerged victorious? Because that sounds exactly like what you, Gerald, expect from them. They are the enemy because their interests conflict with ours. Nothing more, and nothing less."
I add, offhandedly, "and you continue speaking of law, but all I see you seeking is violence. The sun brings life, but all you know to do is bring death...the fact that you compare your ways to the sun disgusts me."
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Silverdream wrote:OOC: For future reference, can I cast sleep on party members?
Of course.

What did you do with the other two sleeping and tied up goblins, and the two sleeping wolves?

mgb519 wrote:This is some quality roleplaying. I like it.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 pm

"You're right, setting up here is a bad idea."
I'll grab my things up.
"But I'm not for going back to the chamber right now. I'm in no mood and we're in no shape for a siege should it come. We should rest, gather resources if we must, then press on. At least then, we shall be better prepared for whatever awaits. And if we do encounter the vengeful goblins before then, we will also at least be able to run. As for the goblin, I care not who buries it. You, sun worshipper, for it was your act that may have increased our potential danger." I raise my hands, palms out. "Though I do tend to agree that they would've come at us with death in their eyes if we stood in their path regardless. I do not know if goblins care for their own kind, of course, but on the off chance they do, your violence increases the odds of exacerbating their fervor." I turn to Adarim. "Or you, wanderer, for it is your bleeding heart that cares so gently for this poor dead creature. I could care less. I would see your hands less idle, proving the value of your words. All this outrage and pontificating is giving me a headache. Or perhaps that's just the stench of blood and offal from all the enemies we've just murdered in the name of your quest." At this last, I turn to look at Saucix.
"In the meantime, I'll look for a more suitable site, where we can remain hidden from the beady little eyes of our rivals."

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:30 pm

"I'm going to kill the rest of these goblins. No good leaving a job unfinished." I walk over to the nearest sleeping wolf and raise it's head, sliding a blade under its neck. I suddenly pause. "Unless of course you'd rather I spare their gentle hearts?" (I do whatever you guys decide to allow me to do)

I sheath my sword and continue hiking on. "We've no time to bury corpses, so I suggest you leave them be unless you'd like to carry them. Goblins are vicious and brutal, but they are full of fear. It is why they fled after witnessing my single combat with the creature Ornup. Though their numbers could have killed us easily, they respected the easy escape with their lives far more than they respected their word. And they fear the sun, for while the sun may be a giver of life, where I come from it also takes. It burns waters away into sand, and turns trolls to stone. The scorching heat is a great fire in the sky that continually burns, and it is there that the funeral pyre of evil lies. The sun is many things, wanderer, and I am but a tool for one of those purposes. Violence is my only skill in life, so violence is my trade."

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:12 pm

I laugh and strike off into the wilderness to look for a camp site.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:16 pm

The safest places for campsites in the vicinity would be the field of broken rocks you saw before, or one of the scattered forest groves. Either of those protects from insight.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48 pm

I almost suspect that you pulled that from my fantasy story that I don't have time to write right now. Almost.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 pm

(OOC: Power has been out since the weekend, but now it's back!)

I put in my two cents before packing to leave,

If you guys feel like slaughtering any more unarmed goblins, just be sure to give Logan clean-up duty.

I then ready myself and Logan, assuming he is not too full for another goblin or two.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Heh. Unarmed.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:42 pm

I think I put my stance out there.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.