Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: In the Cold North - Forum RPG

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Adarim
"What are the orbs for? And what's behind that door?"
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:40 pm

mgb519 wrote: It was Nisos's spell of sleep which led to her capture, and so I believe it's in HIS authority to let her go. Not yours."
It was my spell actually.

"Fine, do what you want. I refuse to tip you though." I say, somewhat meekly. I realize that I'm not cut out for leadership, but I still don't trust sunbro and that other guy.

"Alright, I admit I've not been the best leader. I've made a few mistakes. We all have. Anyways, from now on Nisos will serve as Lieutenant. If he thinks I, the client am wrong I will allow him to advise against it."
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 pm

"There is a circle with five slots for orbs at place behind stone door... You must have seen it!"

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Adarim
"Yes. Yes, we have seen it. What is it?"
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:45 pm

"Know not. We thinked it looked important."

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:51 pm

I am unperturbed by sunbro's brutal action and amused by the shift in the group's power dynamic. I pick my fingernails with my dagger and watch. I'll be sure to keep and eye and ear out for any approaching creatures.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 am

"You're hiding something. Is it worth another hand?"

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:03 am

"Take her with us, she'll show us the damn door."
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 am

Fyespon gives Saucix a "you're an idiot" look.

"You know where door is. On side of rock! You went through it!"

Then, turning to Gerald:

"Queen gave me one orb and that map, and said that it lead to something valuable for empire. Rest got we think out ourselves."

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 am

Adarim
That seems to be everything.
"Alright, Miss. You may go free." I look suspiciously at Gerald as I say this, as if expecting him to protest or worse.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 am

Or worse.

I shove my longsword into the back of Fyespon's neck. There is a gurgling sound, and she drops to the floor. "Every time we let this filth escape, we get ambushed. Do you think that's a coincidence? Let's get moving."

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

Adarim
I eye Gerald coldly, silently, deadly. Attempt to trigger his instincts to draw out fear from his body, regardless of what he feels in his mind (you know, like a fight or flight response. Is there some way to roll for this?)
"You. You claim to be a servant of Pakkun, a bringer of justice. So you show us how just you are not by killing a goblin, but by doing so without giving the creature a chance to defend itself, or prove what shred of honor it may have had. I have never claimed that goblins are inherently good or honest, and I have never sympathized with their motives, their ways, their wicked people. But I will not stand by while you kill a creature of intelligence, no matter how miniscule, with a degree of respect lower than what it would have granted you. I met only two people who have fallen as low as you just did, and I was not as forgiving with them as I am with you. But I am a man of honor, and so I swear...I swear on my father's own shed blood, with those above as my witnesses, that should you EVER act so unjustly in present for the sake of a future unknown, I will kill you where you stand. The ends do NOT justify the means, and I will have you remember it."
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 pm

I stare blankly for a few seconds, surprised by Adarim's words and Gerald's action. I attempt to interject in order to lower the party's tensions.

"Now listen, I intend to keep all of you alive and paid at the end of this quest. That is unless one of you commits an unforgivable sin. Gerald, when the goblins come back we can expect no mercy, and that is because you have slayed Fyespon. We could have taken her as a hostage or "guide" but you ended her life shortly after you mutilated her. Do something as horrid as that again and I'll deliver you in chains to the magistrate of Eisgir."
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:26 pm

I eye everyone in the party with new respect.
"Well, in any case, we need to make camp and tend to our wounds. We can begin our approach tomorrow."
I'll begin setting up camp. I'll keep an eye out for danger. I'll also make sure that my bedroll is hidden so my position will be concealed if we are ambushed again.
"And somebody bury that thing."
I toss my shovel directly between Gerald and Adarim.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:32 pm

I am already packed up, and marching towards the chamber of orbs. "I know very little of this law-bringer Pakkun. While his intentions may be good, I come from a land far south of here, where The Sun rules supreme. Solai is the Lord of Sunlight, wielder of the Flaming Rays of Light. His will is that the sun rises, traverses the skies, then sets on the other side of the world. No matter what laws or oaths men make, the Sun will always burn on, even after the world of Man is dead. And so it is my pledge to honor the same law of natural order. I can only strive to be as rigid in my conduct."

"We lost all hope at mercy when we attacked the Goblins before, and if you ever expect Goblins to show you mercy then I fear you are gravely naive. Had we let Fyespon go, we would find ourselves under the exact same circumstances, other than the fact that Fyespon would have given them more clues to our whereabouts and purposes. We have no use for a hostage or a guide. As the sun makes its daily journey without flinching or bending, I too must destroy our enemies with the same sense of purpose. It is why you hired me. It is my only skill, and my only reason to live. I am no bringer of justice, Adarim. I am a servant of law, and a conduit for order." I know I recognize his face from somewhere, and this reference to a dead father strikes me as oddly familiar...

I continue trudging through the snow. The sun burns brightly in the sky, but the grey and rolling clouds hide the majesty of Solai. Only a few scant rays of light are testament to his will, but still they cut through the cloud cover to illuminate the mortal world, piercing like a spear. "Now, if your commitment to our mission is not outweighed by your outcries to my methods, I propose we return to where we found these orbs. We have a fourth, and there is a chance we have overlooked a fifth. Unfortunately I fear that our goblin was unaware that their queen may be in possession of our fifth orb. We will do one last investigation, but if we still turn up with only four orbs, then that is our best bet. It will also give us a defensible position for us to rest at, and tend to our injuries."