Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG - LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 15, 2013 10:18 am

"Ugh, I'm gonna puke if I stay in here much longer." I head to the nearest building, and once inside I hold the piece of paper up to some light. "If you see anyone, just act normal, alright? I was going for a walk with you, we ran into these guys, and we decided to help em. Alright?"

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed May 15, 2013 12:03 pm

"Right."
You enter the building. It is a workshop next to the stable. Noone is here. You light a candle you find near the door. The letter is a purchase contract for the carriage. It seems it was just sold today. The crest belongs to the former owner, a merchant named Rhoden. The buyers name seems to be Morten.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Now that's some sleuthing. Seems like this Morten guy's our perp, but what do I do from here? I could squeeze some information out of this Rhoden guy, but in the time it'd take for me to find him, Morten'll be long gone. Besides, he's got to be asleep by now. Breaking and entering isn't exactly on my agenda tonight.

"Quan, this is still pretty weird. How long do you think it'll be until those guards wake up? Is it worth you sticking around with them while I go poking my head around where it doesn't belong? This sheet says the carriage owner's name is Morten, and I'm gonna see if I can find him without getting into too much trouble. If they're gonna be asleep for several hours though, you'd might as well come with me."

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed May 15, 2013 2:11 pm

IVhorseman wrote: Besides, he's got to be asleep by now.
What makes you think that? Why would this Morten break into the palace, knock out some guards and then go to sleep? The beds in the palace may be extravagant but not worth dying for.
I'd like to know: What do you think is going on here and how will it develop?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I think the merchant he bought the carriage from, Rhoden, is asleep. Therefore, it's not worth leaving the trail on Morten to go pump Rhoden for info, because by the time I do, Morten will be done with his work - or even worse, long gone.

I think that the Morten is spinning lies, planting evidence, and coming up with a plan to paint himself as clearly innocent when the shit hits the fan. He's also probably currently setting the shit into motion just above the fan. I figure he's already got a good relationship with the king and the court, so any evil I catch him up to is likely not to be believed. Either way, I have a feeling I'm going to see something I'm not supposed to, somebody's gonna shout "guards, arrest him!" and then I'll get shoved into a royal trial for my "crimes."

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Ah, I see where I got you wrong. When you said he you were refering to the merchant, not to Morten.
Yes, to go searching for the merchant would reqire hours of running through the city. Once you have found him, Morten will most likely be gone.
Your guess is interessting. I wil not further comment on that. Where would be the surprise in that? One question, though: If Morten was on good terms with the king or another noble, why would he need to knock out the guards?

"Nebul, look, this one seems to be awake. Well, kind of." The soldier looks weak and pale like a corpse, although he is still breathing. His eyes are open, but he doesn't react to his surroundings. A string of drool hangs from the corner of his mouth. "I have tried everything I know, but nothing seems to work. I am of no help here. Let's go!"
You carefully sneak through the dark palace. It is awfully quiet.

Where do you want to go?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Well you can't be on good terms with EVERYONE. Especially if they just saw you do some evil.

We both explore the darkened palace, our footsteps echoing loudly in the silence. "Do you think his memory will be intact afterwards?" I have no idea where anyone could be hiding in the darkness, but if I head into the courtyard, I can see which windows of the palace have lights lit in them. After that, we'll narrow down Morten's hiding places. I have to pass through the library on the way to the courtyard, and will keep my eyes and ears open along the way.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu May 16, 2013 4:58 am

"Sorry, don't know. His mind is just blank. As far as I can tell he could recover any moment, in some days or never at all."
You two sneak through the dark and empty palace. You would enjoy the silence if it wasn't for your foreboding feeling. It is just creepy. You reach the inner courtyard without incident. The Lion's lodging is to the left, the king's privat quarters are straight ahead on the upper floor. The rooms beyond the windows are dark. You watch for a moment. Suddenly you sense that magic is channeled somewhere inside one of these buildings.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 am

I head over to the lions' guard, and see if anyone's awake and on duty. At this hour at least SOMEONE should be, but they may have met the same fate as the others by the carriage by now. "Guards? Is anyone around? There's some kind of magical disturbance going on in the palace and I need as much backup as I can get." I sure hope I'm not too late.

Now would be a really good time to step in as a Lions' Guard member if anyone's trying to join in, or even as Quanire the healer I guess.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu May 16, 2013 12:10 pm

A servant with a long nose and dressed in undergarments opens the door and looks at you disapprovingly. "What's with this ruckus? The noble lords are off duty now and will not be disturbed by your petty screaming."
Roll to persuade (Mind + Au): 5
"It's alright. I'll handle this, Gustav." A boy, one year younger than you, dressed in leather armor with the lion's tabard and a sword at his hips, steps out and throws you a stern look. "You better have a very good reason."

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu May 16, 2013 2:37 pm

I take him with me to the carriage and show him the bodies.

Although I have a strange feeling they're probably awake and don't remember a thing...

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu May 16, 2013 3:54 pm

You grab his hand and after a moment's hesitation he follows you back the way you came. You reach the front gate. Still everything is disturbingly quiet. The sky is clear. Fog is rising. As soon as the squire recogniozes the motionles bodies, he grabs you by your collar: "Why didn't you just say that there's an INTRUDER?!" Although yells the last word, the sound is strangely dulled.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 pm

"Now you see the problem. Go get the rest of the guard, I'm coming with you."

I knock an arrow and cast Magic Weapon for good measure.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Fri May 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Even if you practice your skill with the crossbow on a regular basis, you don't run around all day with a weapon. That goes double for the palace grounds, even if you live there. The guards could take it the wrong way. But it is no problem to pilfer a crossbow and bolts from one of the unconscious guards. You infuse the bolts with magic.

"You are the old geezers lackey, right? Fine, follow me, then!"
The three of you run back to the lion's quarters where the young fighter doesn't bother to talk to the servant but rushes to the next room where he yells: "INTRUDER ALERT! PROTECT THE KING!"
None of the four royal knights wastes time by asking questions. With a speed that comes from years of training they and their squires get ready for battle, putting on only light armor. Together you run to the king's private chambers. To your suprise you see another Lion guarding the doors as if nothing had happened.
"What's the meaning if this? Why are you running here with your weapons drawn?" the fully armored Lion on guardduty, Sir Roland, asks.
"Intruder alert. We have to warn the king", one of the knights you warned answers.
"Sorry, no can do. You know the protocol"
You don't listen to the dispute that follows. Something else demands your full attention: The source of the magic is right behind the door.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri May 17, 2013 5:36 pm

"Forgive me, but I am unaware of what protocol could be more important than protecting the king's life. Could you enlighten me? You'd better be quick about it too - guards are dropping like flies out there, and I'm detecting an outburst of dangerous magic from behind the king's door." I doubt carrying a stolen crossbow glowing with dark magic will help my credibility much, but surely they recognize my casters' robes. That, and the fact that I've come with my own group of guards.