Call of Cthulu

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 pm

James Cawthorn

mgb519 wrote:Wait, is $6.75 above minimum wage in Canada? Because the way he says implies it's slightly higher than normal. But I'm just checking because in the US, minimum wage is $7.25.

Assuming it is, I reply, "I'd say that I'd be happy to work for you under those terms, Mr. Lupanes. Thank you for making me part of the team." I salute him after saying this, for effect.


"Excellent, I've got the feeling we'll be seeing trouble soon and it's good to have a vet on staff." He hands you a blue uniform. "You will come back tomorrow at seven AM in this, ready to work. Macintosh will tell you everything you need to know." You leave the bank afterwards.

Sten Bos

lawmaster wrote:Run.


You run away, only to trip and fall flat on your face (Rolled 90).

"Haha, pick that sorry bastard up and bind him." The Aboriginals pick you up, and bind your hands behind your back. You struggle, but they are too strong. Before you know it, you are thrown facedown in the backseat. The Model T drives away.

Peter J. Fist

Scratch wrote:Open door and peer out at names on address boxes and street names, then quietly open drawers in desk to look for any useful supplies.


You open the door to see a lively street, Yonge Street. There is an intersection nearby, and there are several shops and businesses in the area.

You go back inside and search the desk's drawers. In the top right drawer, there's a stack of files (Spot Hidden: 36). You find a small tin box hidden under several files. In the box you find a key, with a tag reading 41.

In the bottom right drawer, you find a large bible and several receipts.

In the top left drawer you find more files and a few pens.

In the bottom drawer you find even more files (Spot Hidden: 60). However, you find that the bottom file is filled with stacks of money and a passport.

Frank Koller

You exit the taxi with your bags and your Colt 1911 safely in it's holster. You're here to meet up with a Private Investigator named Joel Myers, who lives in his own office. You see the door to his office open, a bearded man peek out and quickly go back in again. Either Joel has become more paranoid since you last spoke to him over the phone or he's in danger.

Alcatraz

You stay on the bay of San Francisco, wishing that you were a person. It's too bad that you are an island and that your career is somewhat ridiculous for the time. Perhaps if you had a more human name you could become one.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby lawmaster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Reach up and hit the wheel at a good moment as to cause the car to crash.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
User avatar
lawmaster
Dimmy
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Over the rainbow

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby mgb519 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Head on out, making sure to say bye to the receptionist on the way out. It's important to make good impressions with the people I'm going to be working with.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Alcatraz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

Fine then. Alan Yelnats gunstore owner
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!
TROLOLO
Alcatraz
Hero
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm
Location: Cali bro!

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, lets go over and see what's going on like Bonn-o-Tron. Walk up to the door and knock. Don't stand directly in front of the door in case someone decides to shoot through it.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Scratch » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Check Name on passport, pocket key, count and pocket money. Check that no-one is coming up the stairs, restore order to the desk and go into the basement. Leave basement door open and door to the outside easy to access incase I need to escape.
User avatar
Scratch
Dimmy
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: The Wine Dark Sea

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Sten Bos

lawmaster wrote:Reach up and hit the wheel at a good moment as to cause the car to crash.


Your arms are bound together, and you're in the backseat. However, you are able to position yourself with your feet and knees on the seat, and your head tucked forward. (DEX: 8) Like a human torpedo, you launch yourself at the steering wheel. The car veers to the side of the road, and hits the side of the building. The driver saved the entire car by quickly pressing the brake and decreasing speed seconds after you surprised him.

"What the hell were you doing?"

(Luck: 13) It looks like the passengers and driver are too surprised to act, if you have anything you want to do while tied up you should do it now.

James Cawthorn

mgb519 wrote:Head on out, making sure to say bye to the receptionist on the way out. It's important to make good impressions with the people I'm going to be working with.


You have already left the building, which is weird considering you don't even remember saying goodbye.

Frank Koller

Zupponn wrote:Well, lets go over and see what's going on like Bonn-o-Tron. Walk up to the door and knock. Don't stand directly in front of the door in case someone decides to shoot through it.


You knock on the door. No answer.

Peter J. Fist

Scratch wrote:Check Name on passport, pocket key, count and pocket money. Check that no-one is coming up the stairs, restore order to the desk and go into the basement. Leave basement door open and door to the outside easy to access incase I need to escape.


The name on the password is Joel Myers. You put the key in your left jacket pocket, and you count the money. It comes out to $2,313 Canadian, and $162 American. You stuff the assorted bills into your pockets, which are now bulging at the seams. You carefully put the desk together again, leaving it exactly as you found it (minus all the stuff you took that is). You confirm that no one is coming up the stairs and head down to the basement. You are about to turn on the lights when you hear a knocking sound coming from upstairs.

Alan Yelnats

You are alone inside of your gun store, which is mainly filled with hunting rifles, shotguns and a few pistols. In addition to that, your stock includes surplus boots from the Canadian military, an antique British uniform from the war of 1812 proudly in a display case, a selection of mess tins and plenty of ammunition. Outside, you suddenly see a car swerve to the side of the road and hit the shop next to yours.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby lawmaster » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Bite them in their necks, by their jugular vein.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
User avatar
lawmaster
Dimmy
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Over the rainbow

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby mgb519 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Uh, survey cityscape? Walk home.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Alcatraz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 am

Grab my Browning Auto 5 extended clip shotgun from under the counter and make sure my 1911 is secured in my holster. Then approach the car.P.S. here is the skills shotgun:40 rifle:30 pistol: 40 Machine gun:30
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!
TROLOLO
Alcatraz
Hero
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm
Location: Cali bro!

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Scratch » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 am

Adjust acquired moolah to look more natural, using coat's lining/pockets if necessary, turn on lights in basement, do a quick survey and then go upstairs while calling "Be with you in a moment!"
User avatar
Scratch
Dimmy
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: The Wine Dark Sea

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 am

Look for any windows to take a peek inside through.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Silverdream » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Sten Bos

lawmaster wrote:Bite them in their necks, by their jugular vein.


OOC: Holy shit.

(STR: 79) Seeing as how you're closest to the driver, you attempt to bite his jugular. You miss, biting the side of his neck and drawing some blood as the driver screams.

-2 Sanity

James Cawthorn

mgb519 wrote:Uh, survey cityscape? Walk home.


You admire the cityscape, though you feel somewhat queasy. Anyways, you've done what you meant to do and start walking home. You stop when you see an odd looking man peeking through the windows of a Private Investigator's office.

Alan Yelnats

Alcatraz wrote:Grab my Browning Auto 5 extended clip shotgun from under the counter and make sure my 1911 is secured in my holster. Then approach the car.P.S. here is the skills shotgun:40 rifle:30 pistol: 40 Machine gun:30


You grab your shotgun and put your pistol in it's holster, making sure you're prepared to go out to the Canadian street. You don't see any pedestrians or open shops that may have seen the car accident. You approach the car, seeing a tied up man attempting to bite the driver while two other men pull him off and restrain him. The driver looks at you before driving off quickly. You notice that the car's license plate reads 86 285

Peter J. Fist

Scratch wrote:Adjust acquired moolah to look more natural, using coat's lining/pockets if necessary, turn on lights in basement, do a quick survey and then go upstairs while calling "Be with you in a moment!"


You see hundreds of cardboard boxes piled on top and around each other, as well as an empty cage and kennel. You also see a few bags of dog food and a poster on the wall.

Image

You go upstairs and yell "Be with you in a moment." after making yourself look less suspicious.

Frank Koller

Zupponn wrote:Look for any windows to take a peek inside through.


You peek through a window, seeing a bearded man wearing only a stained jacket force dollar bills in his already bulging pockets.

"Be with you in a moment." He yells.

The Car

"Christ." the driver says, holding his hand to his bite. "You're a fucking dead man now. You're lucky I don't womp you right here." You're completely pinned now, as your arms are bound and your head is locked in a man's arm.

The man is angry, yelling at you. You can't help but laugh at his stuttering and awkward voice though. "What, are you laughing?" He says, as his anger becomes even more impotent. "You don't even know what we're going to do you, you imbecile. Smack him." A fist connects itself with your skull, and with your head unable to move it causes even greater pain.

-3 hp

Currently at 7/15 hp. You (Sten Bos) are currently trapped in the back seat while the woman you saw earlier is sitting tied up in the front.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby Alcatraz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Hop into my souped up snowplow and chase after them. If I can't chase after them, contact my friends at the police station and ask about the license plate number.
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!
TROLOLO
Alcatraz
Hero
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:52 pm
Location: Cali bro!

Re: Call of Cthulu

Postby lawmaster » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Laugh and start nashing your teeth while shouting jiberish, I want to freak them out as much as possible.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
User avatar
lawmaster
Dimmy
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Over the rainbow

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests