Company of Heroes 2

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Company of Heroes 2

Postby Tzan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 pm

If you haven't been paying attention, its coming out next tuesday the 25th.
Has good reviews, but I would get it regardless.
Tzan
Pooplord

Re: Company of Heroes 2

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm

I played a little bit of the beta

It's German Wermacht vs. Russian Conscript forces. For anyone familiar with the FIRST game, wermacht plays almost exactly the same and it's fucking beautiful. Their squads are small, and elite. Russia has lots of super cheap units with lots of abilities. They get molotovs and anti-tank grenades pretty much right off the bat, because duh conscripts.

Most games are decided by the territory defined by the early moments in the game. At that point Russia pretty much only has squads of 6 shitty-ass conscripts, while the wermacht rolls in with squads of 4 grenadiers from the first unit production building. Conscripts are so shitty, that they even come with an ability to get them to mash their squads together, add them to other squads to command big weapons and such. they're pretty damn cool.

Russian tanks are smaller and shittier than pretty much all german ones, since the Panzer IV is their first tank and you can roll out a tiger by the end of a match. T-34 is nice, but you need 2 or 3 of them to directly fight even one german tank. Like original COH, flanking is incredibly important if you want to destroy a tank first. Which is to say, it's fun.

I had considered
haiku paragraph style
didn't give a shit
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Company of Heroes 2

Postby Tzan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:17 am

Mission 11 - save early and often. There is a place to heal up later so don't lose the last guy of a sniper team. Not sure if they replace the squad if you lose it.

Mission 13 - I got the Halbe Massacre badge, 0/25 germans escaped. Did I kill some civilians? yes, yes I did.
Most of this mission is timed so I gave most orders while paused.
Tzan
Pooplord

Return to Lesser Games