The Scratchiverse

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Re: The Scratchiverse

Post by Vami IV » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:58 am

Last edited by Vami IV on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 am

Fabletop - EvanTurner rules

After the Third Chaos Dunk devastated the Earth, the city of Old Neo New York lives in fear of an attack by gigantic monsters which were created by the B-ball energies the Dunk unleashed. To combat these monsters, humanity built gigantic bio-mecha cloned from the DNA of B-baller Evan Turner. Piloted by whiny teenagers who are for some reason the only people capable of synchronizing their minds with an EvanTurner's control system, these enormous mecha are the only force that can save humanity... if they don't destroy it first.

Piloting an EvanTurner gives your character a bonus skill, just like piloting any other mech or vehicle would. What makes the EvanTurner unique is that the value of the bonus is not fixed; rather, it depends on the level of synchronization between the pilot and the EvanTurner's mind. When a pilot first enters the EvanTurner's entry plug, the synchronization ratio is set at 2 by default, conferring a +2 bonus. Fear and other negative effects can reduce the synchronization ratio; conversely, the pilot can alter the synch ratio by rolling Wisdom + applicable bonuses, then increase or decrease their SR by any value up to the result of their roll. If the synch ratio reaches 0, the EvanTurner can't move, but a high synch ratio poses its own dangers; if the pilot's SR is 5 or higher, they take a point of damage each round and eventually dissolve into Gatorade inside their entry plug. They can roll Wisdom to reduce their synch ratio and avoid this fate, but if the alternative is a full-scale apocalypse, it might be worth it to take the risk...

ALSO: Whatever your Synch ratio is when you get out of the EvanTurner, that's what it will default to the next time you pilot.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Last edited by Vami IV on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:45 pm

Yo guys, you up for a game sometime this week? I think I'll continue the Psycho-Fail storyline.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Silverdream wrote:Yo guys, you up for a game sometime this week? I think I'll continue the Psycho-Fail storyline.
:csi:

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Scratchiverse Rock Band rules
Each band member may choose one of the following instruments:
Mic or keyboard: roll wisdom+bonuses.
Guitar or bass: roll agility+bonuses.
Drums: roll might+bonuses.

As usual, you'll need to justify any bonuses you roll. You can use more than one instrument, but this doesn't give you an extra roll - just an opportunity to add more bonuses to your roll.

At the start of each round, the GM will generate a Challenge Rating for the next verse. The sum total of all music rolls made that round must equal or exceed the challenge rating or the crowd will start to turn against you. Note that depending on the situation, you may want to roll to defend yourselves against enraged audience members or other foes rather than make music rolls. These rolls don't count towards the challenge rating - you'll just have to hope that your fellow band members can cover for you.

It's also possible for you to take actions that don't directly involve music but still contribute to the challenge rating; examples include setting off special effects, biting the heads off of animals, or destroying your own instruments. These may get a bonus from the GM if they're creative/awesome enough. They may also be used to simultaneously count towards the challenge rating and accomplish other goals.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:08 pm

I've had an epiphany today, and realized that I've been looking at Fabletop the wrong way. In the early sessions, the Scratchiverse was about being as silly as possible, not about ripping off an anime plot and setting. And while those have been fun (especially Blackdog's slamjam epic), I think I'd like to return to the past with a new story. I'm thinking I'll do one final Psycho-Fail session when you guys want, and then start the new thing when you guys are interested.
Image lol j/k

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Vami IV wrote:I have an idea for this new plot, should you consider me still worth listening to.
Of cource, Iv'e always, thought of you as a valuable, member and someone who's, input matters.
Image lol j/k

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:24 am

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:34 pm

Did we stop doing that just fooling around thing? No one told me that was happening.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm gonna use this post for any more special rules I come up with.

Stealth Rules:
Stealth sections are handled like combat, with players taking turns to perform a single action. The goal of a stealth section is to stay hidden from the guards until you can either reach your objective, escape the map, or eliminate them all. If a guard spots you, they will alert all the other guards on the map at the end of the round. Once all the guards are alerted, they will soon start calling in reinforcements. You can hide from guards in several ways, and creativity is encouraged. However, there are two primary techniques you can fall back on:

Cover - you can hide behind objects on the map, and roll agility to move from cover to cover without being detected.

Camouflage - you can roll Wisdom to camouflage yourself and hide in plain sight. You'll need to make a new roll every time you move.