FLAGSHIP

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

FLAGSHIP

Postby The Shadowscythe » Fri May 23, 2014 7:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVr98bTzxH8

Okay, I will admit I was a little underwhelmed by the graphical style and aesthetic at the start of the trailer.

Then the bridge appeared, and the perspective switched - and my mind realised what the control system actually was.

HOLY - FECKING - CRAP - I - WANT - THIS - GAME - NAO!

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: FLAGSHIP

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Yeah once they said this had Oculus support my jaw dropped. Insanely cool concept.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Theblackdog » Fri May 23, 2014 3:19 pm

I think it's a good idea, but... it seems like most of the actual gameplay is done from that display screen in the middle, and then you walk over to the window to watch your orders play out. They need to think up a way to let you play the game while looking out the windows if this game is going to be any good. That said, the "unidentified ship" scene at the end was awesome.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 23, 2014 3:38 pm

It looks like there's control panels all over the bridge, near pretty much every major viewport.
IVhorseman

Postby BFenix » Sat May 24, 2014 12:19 am

Heep!

I admit giggling a little when I nerdgasmed.

This looks insanely cool. I can already imagine brikwarriors settling space fights using this.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat May 24, 2014 3:04 am

IVhorseman wrote:Yeah once they said this had Oculus support my jaw dropped. Insanely cool concept.

The first thing my wife said to me was something along the lines of "Get yourself ratfaced drunk and play this on an oculus as a letsplay series - and everyone can watch you puke over spaceships over the internet. It will be awesome."

I now want someone to buy me an Oculus rift and help repair the last of my computer so I can do such a thing.

Theblackdog wrote:I think it's a good idea, but... it seems like most of the actual gameplay is done from that display screen in the middle, and then you walk over to the window to watch your orders play out. They need to think up a way to let you play the game while looking out the windows if this game is going to be any good. That said, the "unidentified ship" scene at the end was awesome.

IVhorseman wrote:It looks like there's control panels all over the bridge, near pretty much every major viewport.

I would love to think that each one of those panels controls another aspect of the battle. The central table for fleet commands while the other panels control aspects like fighter launches, assault teams (to take other ships, which have been mentioned) or the aspects of your own ship, like engines, weapons, life support and so on like Bonn-o-Tron.

The idea of having to lean in over an NPC's shoulders to give more specific orders does give me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

Attached enough to have an impact on the battle, but detached enough so you have to sit and watch the chaos unfold around you once it starts. I like this feeling.

BFenix wrote:Heep!

I admit giggling a little when I nerdgasmed.

This looks insanely cool. I can already imagine brikwarriors settling space fights using this.

I for one, really REALLY hope that the Dev unviels a mod kit, or a means for players to design and add their own ships to the game. For one reason and one reason only.

To add a full Scythian Fleet, a full Immortal fleet - and then play through the entire battle of Ereberus Three (from Landfall) and then post it up to the forum. Because of awesome fucking reasons.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Return to Lesser Games