Brikwars Warlight

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Brikwars Warlight

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:16 pm

NOTE: If this wasn't obvious, all games and events in this thread are non-kanonical.

Have you ever wanted to conquer the BrikVerse?

Well now's your chance. I translated the Map of Nehellenium into a playable Warlight map, allowing you to play an online game of Risk over a map of Brikwars countries.

I will host games on this, real-time in chat or over a few days (like a forum battle). I think you need to sign up for a Warlight account so I can add you.

The map is pending public, but once it becomes public I'll post a link and anyone can host a Warlight battle on it.
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Re: Brikwars Warlight

Post by ikensall » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:34 pm

I remember once in my second year of high school in "Board Games club" (doing "after lesson activities" was compulsory) we were playing risk and one of the first-years got grumpy, over whatever disagreement, smashed his fists down on the table (plastic cannons flying everywhere) and stood up after sending the Risk Board flying across the room. By far the best thing about it was the completely unchanged flat expression on the face of the teacher (retired army officer) as he said "Don't get overexcited now."
I kinda wish you'd made this several years earlier, then he could've flipped over a map of the Brikwars galaxy, shouting: :belushi: But still, it's very cool, although I think you need alternative counters to cavalry and cannons, spacecruisers, perhaps.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Result of the first ever game of Brikwars Warlight, Immortal War Scenario: Third Alliance conquers the Brikverse.
Congratulations to MGB, a true master strategist.

Favorite moment was when MGB ass-snuggled Emeria with 101 armies.

EDIT: Link to game: http://warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=6914079

If you go to the lower left to the "menu" button and select history, you can see how it all went down.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 pm

We played a second game at night, this time with the five-person Operation Dominion's Call scenario.

Won by yours truly, what had initially started as an invasion of the mighty Third Alliance ended with the USA liberating the entire BrikVerse. A game full of diplomatic intrigue and backstabbing, with the NATO forces teaming up against the Third Alliance, then turning on Scythia and Assyria, before finally betraying the ever-expanding extragalactic threats.
  1. Colette (USA/Trattoria)
  2. Scratch (Praetoria/Emeria)
  3. Theblackdog (Britannia)
  4. mgb519 (Scythia/Assyria)
  5. Silverdream (Third Alliance)
Game link: http://warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=6916007
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Wed May 26, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:11 am

I need to get in on this.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:28 am

The Brikwars Map of Nehellenium is now public! This means that starting games is much less of a headache for me, and that anyone else can start games on it too with their own scenarios and whatnot.

Map link: http://warlight.net/Map?ID=15819

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

Game 3: The Third Alliance wins the Immortal War scenario...again.

Also Scythe gets booty bothered about game design.

Game link: http://warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=6920964

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Played with random countries today, resulting in a victory for Vergilius Raskolnikov (me) after defeating the evil RIN menace (lawmaster) and the surrender of the Mjolnir Coalition (mgb).

All the other players who died early can fault Iceworld and OT greed.

Game link: http://warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=6921726

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 am

Not exactly. I never went for Iceworld. I overreached trying to take the extragalactics through Space Canada and Venice.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 pm

A brilliant play by Scratch led him to victory. All hail King Scratchian:
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:15 pm

I have "made" (I lie, I used my facebook but changed my name to Vami for Warlight) an account. [x]Once I read/learn the rules[/x] found tutorial, will get to know the game.

I look forward to the next game.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 am

Played to games last night.

Quantum, Silverdream, and BFenix won the first by obliterating me in Africa and losing about 150 in the process. The Last Stand at Israel was the pinnacle of my Ottoman Empire, though. MGB and Scratch were shithammered by Silver and Scratch, while the Australian Union under BFenix quietly sneaked in through Southern Asia and then conquered Israel (I had like 32 dudes in there, so taking it was a bitch for them, despite their 70+ armies). Europe and Asia surrendered and then flew apart as Silva's North American Union destroyed the central parts.

The South American Dominion steamrolled the cocky Ottoman invaders of Africa, taking the whole continent and then invading Europe through Spain.

Second one is ongoing, with me, MGB, Silver, Scratch, Quantum, and BFenix playing again. I seem to be winning despite massive enemy armies flying in across the Pacific. BFenix is less lucky thanks to an army of about of over 90 destroying the place from the North in Europe. Silver, on the other hand, has crushed Scratch in North America via South America, and I demolished the bulk of Scratch's force in Russia when their tri-fecta tried fucking with me.

In Asia, I rode out from Japan, spent most of our Reinforcement cards because of Asia's sheer size, and have annihilated all other invading armies.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Where to even start with this story...
So I started in Pan-Germania since I'd seen that work well for people in the past. Brikguy started over in the Shire and mgb started... somewhere in the Western spiral arms I think, while Silva started up north. mgb, brikguy and I skirmished among ourselves for a while until we all eventually realized that Silva had taken the ridiculously OP northern spirals (COLETTE, FUCKING FIX THIS) and was sweeping down both the western and eastern sides of the galaxy. We forged a hasty alliance but it seemed like it was too late to do anything but tell one another that it had been an honor. Silva was holding Britannia for maybe two turns out of three; mgb and Brikguy were struggling to take it back from him, let alone take any of his territories away. By this time Silva had the western arms as well as the northern spirals, and was getting 17 reinforcements per turn. I decided that holding the south was hopeless, and all I could do was troll Silva as hard as possible before my inevitable demise. So I went through FELC and Assyria, which Silva had left more or less unguarded while he fought mgb and Brikguy in the Shire. Somehow I made it all the way to the Order of the Equinox, depriving Silva of his Northern Spirals bonus... at the exact same time as mgb took MASS and obliterated Silva's western arms reinforcements. The tide had turned, and Silva was forced back to the extragalactic territories.

I consolidated my holdings in the North while mgb took over the Western Arms. It wasn't long before I saw him turn around and start taking territory from Brikguy, and knew that I would be next. He had Iceworld and the Western Arms; my five reinforcements wouldn't be enough. Sure enough, he pushes into the USA while I'm busy trying to take Emeria from Silverdream. I make a deal with Silva: if he doesn't send his troops into Space Canada, I'll let him keep Emeria. He agrees and starts stockpiling troops to take the USSSR while I use my forces in Canada and Equinox to take back the USA and move the bulk of my troops into the Central Powers. Meanwhile, Brikguy is proving tougher than mgb expected, so Silva uses the opportunity to steamroll through the USSSR and into Iceworld. Between the two of us (and the fact that mgb and brikguy never really managed to form an alliance) we push mgb down to a single territory with 30 or so troops in it. Then it's backstabbing time.

I wait for my reinforcement card, then drop 20 troops on space Canada and roll into Emeria. "Dick," Silva says over chat PM, and I reply by posting appropriate music. Silva uses his own reinforcement card to launch a counteroffensive from Praetoria and take Space Canada and Emeria. At the same time, Brikguy surrenders and mgb starts expanding again, grabbing his territories. The very next turn, I take back Space Canada and Praetoria using the troops I had in the USA and Assyria, and Silva ragequits. It's just me and mgb now. We both have reinforcement cards, we both have huge blobs of troops on adjacent territories, but only one of us has the single most OP region in the history of military strategy gaming granting us 5 reinforcements per turn from a position that's utterly unassailable. We trade attacks for a couple of turns and mgb continues to send out small squads to capture the surrounding regions, almost taking the entire Shire; but in the end, I reduce his blob of giant infantry to nothing and take Britannia for the win.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:40 pm

I should make a map just of Emeria so we can play on it. Controlling all of it SHOULD give about 7+ armies, but this is WAY OP for this. Solution is to make Emeria a +3 Army per turn area. I can look into making an Emeria map once I look that shit up.