Brikwars Teamspeak?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Brikwars Teamspeak?

Postby KirdyKing » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:59 am

Does anyone have a Teamspeak we could use? I know It would help with our planetside 2 outfit or the minecraft server. We coul just use it to hang out too.
KirdyKing
Champion
Champion

Re: Brikwars Teamspeak?

Postby dilanski » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:13 pm

I still have the unofficial brikwars mumble, which is basically a better TS3. Details here.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:22 pm

dilanski wrote:I still have the unofficial brikwars mumble, which is basically a better TS3. Details here.

Could you tell me what the advantages of Mumble over Teamspeak are? I've used Teamspeak for the longest time and had problems the one time I used mumble. Not bashing it but curious.
Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Postby Zupponn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:50 pm

My playgroup looked into this once.  We looked at Skype, Mumble, and Teamspeak.  There were advantages and disadvantages to using each of them.  We decided to stick with Skype because of the privacy (nobody can just barge in) and because we were too lazy to set anything else up.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby dilanski » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:16 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
dilanski wrote:I still have the unofficial brikwars mumble, which is basically a better TS3. Details here.

Could you tell me what the advantages of Mumble over Teamspeak are? I've used Teamspeak for the longest time and had problems the one time I used mumble. Not bashing it but curious.

Keep in mind, I come from using Mumble in EvE:Online, where we had literally hundreds of consecutive users, TS3 had a tendency to crap out under those conditions, and become unmanageable, while Mumble kept chugging.

The main draw is low bandwidth, which is what allows me to get a free one with the server in the first place. Also, mumble supports some pretty cool ingame functions, such as overlays, and audio visualisation. I also found Mumble has more options, sure, it takes a bit longer to setup, but you have options like normalisation.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Vami IV » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Hm, I (And my sister and mother) use TS3 for now (They use it for their League of Angels guild, which my mother runs), and it seems easy enough to use. However, both Mumble and TS3 can use the mics built into my computer, and I find Skype a hassle.

I suggest, that, until we reach a compromise for / create a TS3 Channel or something, we stick with the Mumble server Dilanski pays out of his ass for. The finest places to shit are the ones people pay for; ask Mike.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Is he paying that much? We just pay Noxious Net for servers and get all the teamspeak rooms we want. Pretty cheap and easy to set up.
Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Return to Lesser Games