Worldbuilding RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Re: Worldbuilding RPG

Postby Silverdream » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:31 am

Honestly out of the two mass deaths you've done I like the first one more.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:31 pm

If you were to pick a random person from any people, this is what you would see:

The Asahi are a dark skinned, brown haired race. For men, hair is mostly kept under a sun hat or a wrap. A hunted animal's tail or mane can be pulled to keep it off balance, so warriors tried to nullify this weakness. Over time, styles of head wraps became more important for showing tribal and political affiliation. For a confederacy, this was important for voting and identification. The beard is seen as a measure of status. By showing long hair, one invites others to pull it and attack from where it hangs, the back. By showing a long beard, it invites others to attack your front, not from the flank or rear like a hunted animal. Many men incorporate brass jewelry, animal teeth and dyes into their beard, to show off their wealth, and their tribe's collective wealth.

The Ossen are amber skinned beings with orange or brown hair. Hair is usually kept long, but maintained. As a result of the blight wars, many Ossen have a fear of sickness and untidyness. To keep things orderly is to keep the Ossen people fed, and safe. Braids and maintained beards also work to differentiate the Ossen from Velni and Asahi.

The Clergy vary from light to olive skin, and have black and blonde hair. The Clergy culture demands constant action for the sake of the four gods. The Clergy are the chosen race, sent to shepherd and lead the others, after all. This priority in taking action meant that many choose to shave their heads. This way, they show how dedicated they are. Not even hair can get in their way. Some will even go as far as to scar or burn their faces to show how much they've sacrificed. Men and women who leave their hair and beards long are viewed to be passive, making Clergy brothels the hairiest places in the world.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:18 pm

The Velni have pale to olive skin, and catlike eyes. Typically a Skalni will put an iron mould around their head, and cut the hair that sticks out, like the man in this picture. In this way, it's easy and fast for them to get an even hair cut. Vosni are typically different, and usually tie up or puff up long hair in what is called plumage. With colourful feathers and flowers, men and women display their hunting prowess and their affinity with their environment. During the Friendship feasts Vosni and Skalni might alter their styles to seek out a partner from the other culture.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:03 pm

am i playing hotline miami again?
Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Postby Silverdream » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Memories wrote:Katzekulka the Blood-Tiered, Mistress of Suffering holds her slave breeds in the cosmic cradle; Gods meant to serve her as warriors in the After Wars. One by one, a Proto-god is released from this dimension, and lead to a test Universe. Through forty tests, their consciousness is awakened to a point, and they become independent, aside from their locks. Locks are constraints capable of controlling gods, unless they're understood.

From that point on, the forty tests of ability are administered. If a single test is failed, the slave breed is repurposed. If too much promise is shown, the slave breed is devoured and recycled.

This continues onto 38 more sets of forty tests, until the final test, the single test of struggle, when the breed is reunited with it's kin and tested against others.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:48 am

The Velni-Ossen Peace Accords, 651 wrote:
[*]All future disputes shall be settled by a neutral third party agreed upon by both Ossen and Velni representatives.[/*]

[*]Child-forests and wildlife are to be cleared with the assistance of Vosni Rangers. Settlements may not pass beyond Moose Forest.[/*]

[*]Three city tree seeds are to be given to the Ossen Kingdom.[/*]

[*]Trading routes are to be organized on the Ossen River/Groznar River to minimize wildlife encroachment.[/*]

[*]Velni and Ossen living in either area will not be relocated, but legally given the land they dwell on. [/*]

[*]30 twens of Iron and Gold are to be given to King Zarius.[/*]

[*]An attack on either nation is an attack on both nations, and will be treated as so. [/*]

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:15 pm

Ayah Gorwamamim's Tome of Judgements wrote:
I have travelled the surface realm and the korwa realm, and tasted food in every city there is. I have seen the dark faces of the Asaji, and the great krakin that ferry the Klerji. I have seen the most honourable and deplorable there is. From this point in my life, I have contemplated my experiences for the sake of future generations of imp. After eight decades, I have finally made my judgements. Heed these asses, children of my brethren.

The Happiest Races
    1. Klerji
    2. Velni
    3. Azan
    4. Asaji

The Greatest Sights
    1. Church Island Temple, Klerji
    2. Ogobodogi Floating City, Asaji  
    3. Where the trees meet the rocks, Velni
    4. Azansnok, Azan
    5. Scararadagupteentracas, Azan
    69. Salt Tree, Klerji
    7. Demon Island, Klerji
    8. Great Vosni, Velni

The Greatest Fighters
    1. Asaji Drey
    2. Asaji Morighs
    3. Azan Olans
    4. Velni Kvallni
    5. Klerji Ignimancers

The Wealthiest
    1. The Velni
    2. The Asaji
    3. The Klerji
    4. The Azan

The Smartest
    1. The Klerji
    2. The Azan
    3. The Asaji
    4. The Velni

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Scratch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:11 am

Post-game notes about "The Brothers' Pact", a UN/EU-like multinational organization for our largely pre-roman level societies to conduct international politics. Here so we don't have to spend another session trying to get to it. Some bits may be changed in the future.

General Goals:

1. Prevent all war between the nations until the gods return
Methods: disputes will be handled between representatives of the nations at the council. Border incidents or non-official conflict (asahi raids, illegal logging, abuse of migrant workers) will be handled by a group of superpowered peacekeepers with gifts from their gods, acting as the only current military arm of the organization. One peacekeeper from each member-people.
Asahi will have the leader of the Shades be their champion/peacekeeper. Shades will prevent asahi from doing war-like activities in general by taking away the weapons of anyone who wants to fight.
Clergy have a horngull selected by throwing of the bones divination.
Velni have a cloak made of empathy that grants the user wisdom in discerning the minds of others and protects them or something, mgb was undecided.
The Ossen peacekeeper/champion (who will likely be Aran for the first generation) wears a suit of armor made entirely out of the Will of Ossecast, which magnifies their Will over 1000-fold, but they must be worthy to wear it (worthiness judged by a hidden simulation of Ossecast within the armor which evaluates how the person will act in relation to its own goals and morals), and they, while wearing it, will be unable to act in any way that would contradict the goals of the suit of peacekeeping and advancing the Ossen (again, judged by the hidden copy of Ossecast's mind). It's cool and a transparent red-orange-scarlet color that looks like it is made of many pure gems. It also has a magic power to detect conflict between groups of two of the children species on the borders of the nations, so it can find and direct the peacekeepers to the conflict and solve/stop it.
2. Encourage trade, economic growth, and exchange of ideas and technologies between peoples.
Methods: deciding on group rates for specific goods, tariffs, mediating trade disputes, general economic group stuff.
3. Begin setting up a framework for eventual supra-national integration, maintaining the composite nations, but providing a structure for things that need the whole planet's backing, like colonization or new threats.
Methods: none needed currently, but there's a framework in place for the system to slowly gain more powers and responsibilities as it is proven to work, hopefully nothing needing multinational support happens until we return in 300 years.

Other stuff:
HQ on the center of the light-side of the recently terraformed moon, in a city where all peoples are free to mix, with a portal leading to it in each capital city, so it acts as a trade hub between all peoples. Name pending, but I like the names "International City", "City of All Peoples", "City of Brothers", and "Moon City".
Ossen member is appointed by the Ossen King, preferably an experienced or retired statesman/bureaucrat with a keen understanding of both the goals of the Ossen as a whole and the other peoples.
Clergy member is elected by the clergy/bishops, method not detailed further.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.

Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.

Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.
Scratch
Reihawk

Postby Vami IV » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:38 am

Titheus objects to a horngull being his peacekeeper (Titheus fuckin hates horngulls), summons Trailmachines into existence, renders it from steel into salt crystals with a blue hue (looking for cobalt), and then copies Ossecast by linking the armor directly to Titheus's conscious. Fulmenglad will be the weapon used with this armor.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm

IDK if anyone is really interested, buy www.inkarnate.com is a good website for making maps. It's in beta testing, but hey, it's free and it works.
Also: BRIKWARS!
:studgod:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Previous

Return to Lesser Games