Worldbuilding RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Re: Worldbuilding RPG

Postby Vami IV » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Ossen Warrior - The Open Palms Return to Inflict Justice

The Open Palms Return to Inflict Justice are one of a few elite orders of professional soldiers in Ossen. They specialize in the combat and artistic applications of Pyromancy, mastering their Will and honing their inner flame into a weapon of supreme beauty. This order of warrior-dancers was founded just after Ossecast's first Coming to the land of the Ossen and his slaying of the Serpent, but they became what they are when Ossecast bestowed the Gift of Will upon the Ossen people. The order of warriors reformed into The Open Palms Return to Inflict Justice, or the Open Palms for short, to practice this new art in the flower of Ossen culture.

They wear elegant robes of red silk with religious glyphs laced with gold thread called Casimirs, after the city they are crafted in. Another iconic part of their wardrobe is the magnificent red silk scarf wrapped around the neck, the bottom of the head, and the intricately carved Iron (and later Steel) conical helmet each Open Palm wears.

Silver tax:
♛♕: <3
Last edited by Vami IV on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Vami IV » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:55 pm

Clergy Guardsman - Home Isle Hoplite

The Home Isle Hoplites are the lower end guardsmen of the home Clergy Isles and some of its older colonies (they are almost never present on the mainland for the sake of presentation and the extraordinary cost in shiping new arms and armor to every unit). They are volunteer soldiers who defend the homes and hearths of Clergy townships, villages, hamlets, and so forth. While they have been replaced in most of the Clergy's domain by more or less professional men-at-arms, hoplite pike phalanxes dressed in steel mail and harness, or by professional Clergy armies, the HIH is still a sight for weary eyes in the rural regions of Clergy territory.

Typically, Home Isle Hoplites still wear Bronze or Iron armor, and some more modern (but still outdated) HIH units have attempted to bridge the gap with some forms of plate armor or mail of various metals. While they may be a potentional hotbed for advancement in arms and armor, they are still regarded as being the lowest end units available to the Clergy and thus very, very rarely deployed.

Silver tax:
Last edited by Vami IV on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vami IV

Postby Vami IV » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Velni Warrior - Kvallni Knight

The Knights of Kvall are an order of knights (what else) formed by Skalvos's son Kvall the Skalvosson to combat the never ending hordes of twisted demonspawn borne of the anvil of the insane god Shezmuu. Since their creation, this order is one of the few things keeping Shezmuu's armies of insane demons from ravaging the lands of the Velni. While mostly Velni in ethnicity, large contingents of Clergy soldiers, clerics, paladins, etc. (this being residents of Clergy lands and therefore some demons) have joined the Kvallni Knight or serve alongside them in Clergy knightly orders. The Ossen are the other notable minority, serving as pyromancers and light soldiers.

Knights of Kvall wear plate armor made from the shells of the Great Sea-Snails. Though this material is a little bit more giving than steel, it easily a third the weight, making Kvallni Knights very agile and thus suited for fighting Demon Smith Shezmuu's endless hordes in the deep roads of the underground. The favorite weapons of the Knights of Kvall are crossbows, ballistae, short swords, pickaxes, and spears.

Silver tax:
Last edited by Vami IV on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vami IV

Postby Vami IV » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Asahi - Drey Shadowmaster

In the lands of the Asahi, the northernmost of the Four Peoples of the Walking Gods (simply known as the Four Brothers dispute Titheus's disputation of familyhood), lives one of the first tribes in recorded history - The Drey. The Drey were one of the first tribes and came into conflict with the nearby Morighs due to their relative peacefulness as opposed to the restlessness of the Morighs. Their Chief, Morigh M'udsli-me inflicted great harm on the Drey until one day Shade, a specter and piece of Aeon, came and bestowed the gift of Shadow Mastery upon the Drey.

They turned the situation around, inflicting heavy losses on the Morighs. Morigh M'udsli-me had had enough, and met with the leaders of nearby clans to discuss the situation. It is likely the Drey would have been banished from the land much like the Stara (also a restless people) by the clubs of the Morighs were it not for the intervention of
Aeon. He defused the situation, but did not persuade M'udsli-me to only raise his obsidian scimitar in defense of the Asahi contrary to popular belief.

Today, the Drey are master rogues who mostly serves as spies and couriers who often work in tandem with the Morighs.

Silver tax:
Vami IV

Postby Vami IV » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:04 am

Asahi - Morigh Warrior

A (once) nomadic tribe from the flat and arid plains of the western lands of the Asahi lands in the north and center of the continent, the Morigh tribe became the primary defensive force of the Asahi peoples and is today entirely voluntary to join. This was first set in place when Morigh M'udsli-me "the Dog-Scented" swore to only lift his obsidian scimitar (since broken into several million pieces) in defense of the Asahi in the presence of Aeon. The Morighs are and have always been mostly ethnically Asahi with some representation by Clergy "contractors."

Morighs feel a deep connection to the land that they defend, hence their (now) characteristic appearance of an Ossen silk robe and pieces of plants and soot applied to the body and the robe. The Morighs are s one of the only original clans other than the Stara (who have the Clergy to steward most of their holdings in their stead) who still practice the old Nomadic wandering of the Asahi lands, but their practice of it is slowly dying as the Asahi catch up to the rest of the world in the study of civil and military architecture and modern military practice. The Morighs, despite their differences to the other clans, have never been openly mocked, insulted or shunned by the other clans because of their roles as mediators and the defender of the Asahi peoples and their interests (save the Stara, who are in bed with the Clergy and the trade interests of the Berighs, which are also heavily monitored by the Clergy) and their close relation to the Ash Empire and the Drey.

Silver tax:
♛♕

More later, tired
Last edited by Vami IV on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vami IV

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Isn't Asahi beer?
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Vami IV » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:50 pm

AnnoyedZebra wrote:Isn't Asahi beer?

This one did not pick their names
Vami IV

Postby mgb519 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Asahi beer is alright.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:39 am

When the Aeon Tribe went north from the Berighs, they discovered a meteor, and mined whitesteel from it. Whitesteel contains the properties of iron, but it's white when smelted, and warms when around organic materials, making it useful for the tundra. The mixture of coal and whitesteel determines the heat the metal will give out.

Whitesteel is also useful as armour and weaponry against the predators and walking whales.

While their shadowwalking is underdeveloped compared to most tribes, their use of illusions is masterful, just like the Berighs they descended from.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Reminder that there's no session this week due to Thanksgiving. Please remember to thank the Velni for giving the Ossen back their land.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Those Clergy who devote themselves to Ossecast do not forsake the other gods, but believe that Ossecast's path is the ideal one to enlightenment. Ambition and strength are the two ideal qualities for those who wish to advance in the Way of the Red. Whereas Hoplites are useful for defense against bandits or pirates, Clergy Moirastikas answer the call against more serious threats. They are armed with halberds and shields, and taught to fight in formation. Many will also decorate their armour with runes of the gods, believing that if one god doesn't protect them, than another will. In any case, an enemy may think twice about striking the name of their creator.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Clergy Ignimancers are among the most respected in Clergy society, especially in the Way of the White. Several families monopolize the secret, only teaching to the truly pious and good, or occasionally the children of the rich and powerful. Ignimancers are the most powerful weapons the Clergy has to offer, able to kill most beings with a single lightning strike from miles away. Typically, Ignimancers will dress like Titheus, in robes, carrying salt and usually a rune or piece of jewelry that symbolizes their connection. Others will paint their skin with saltpaste.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Silverdream » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Kasam Batu, Examination of the Other Side II, 629 AC wrote:
Surface societies are not all primitive, despite the simplistic nature of their magic and technology. Surface peoples may use magic like serpents or demons, but they are still capable of forming more advanced and Impoid societies. For example, the Asaji may be concieved as unorganized and prone to fracture, but  they function more as an alliance than a confederation. The Asaji are not one, but many peoples and cultures, only brought together from a shared creator, Aeon. When this is taken into account, it becomes very impressive considering the amount of co-operation and inter-tribal agreement. I also should not hesitate to mention their martial progress. Rather than running into battles like a cobbledemon, Asaji fighters work like hunters, by using tricks and traps to kill their prey, and by exploiting every weakness they see.

The Azan, despite being the most submissive people, are capable of extraordinary regimentation. While this may seem like a horror for most, for an Azan that desires a master, it is only fitting that each Azan have a superior, which rises all the way up to the Velni. The Velni, who have ruled over animals, have been moulded for this task, to rule the most advanced and clever animals on the surface. Having personally met many Velni, I am convinced that they are the greatest children of the four creators. They know valour, but they also know kindness. When they control an animal, it is not by forcing it to submit. It is by helping it understand it's master. Similiar to how the Semani acted with the Azan.

The Klerji are in many ways similiar to the Asaji, prone to working together despite having many corporate groups with conflicting motives. However, they willingly submit and trust the Demons of the Red Path. For that, their shared intellect is forfeit.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Vami IV » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 pm

The White Spear

Part of a Series on Titheus

The White Spear was an artifact created by
Titheus but is revered in both the Ways of White and Red. The Spear is also a respected symbol in the followings of the other Gods, but not to the same extent. The Spear was created in 300 by Titheus when he transformed his walking stick into the Spear and gave it to the First RED BISHOP with a request of the BISHOP's forgiveness of Titheus's sins. RED BISHOP accepted the staff-turned-Spear and, with the blessings of his fathers Titheus and Ossecast, led the united armies of the Clergy and the Ossen, establishing a strong bond between the two nations. At the final battle at Mount Makur, RED BISHOP fought Demon King Makur to a standstill with the salt-forged spear, and inflicted grievous wounds on Makur via its lightning and flame blessed point. Although RED BISHOP was slain in the battle, Makur was forced to withdraw and the image of RED BISHOP wielding the Spear was forever burned into the minds of the adherents of "The Pink Brothers."

Later, as the Eight Witnesses recall,
Ossecast slew Demon King Makur with the Spear by suggestion of Titheus.

Ossen and Templite (Clergy) alike practice the Sign of the Spear, a religious gesture of prayer for strength in the Ways of Red and White. Statues of RED BISHOP wielding the spear are constant in Clergy holdings, while
Ossecast holding the spear are their equivalent in Ossen. Unfortunately, most Ossen erroneously assume the spear a relic of Ossecast (see above) when it is, in fact, an extension of Titheus and not Ossecast.
Last edited by Vami IV on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vami IV

Postby Vami IV » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:57 am

The Salt Plague

Part of a Series on Titheus

That which finally broke the god
Titheus's mind, ended the last scraps of sanity in his tortured conscious, and finally smote all feeling in the Oncefather.

In the Year 650, The Four led an army of 48,000 soldiers of the various nations(20,000 Imps of the Ash Empire, 12,000 Templites, 8,000 Velni (Mostly Knights of Kvall, sworn enemies of Shezmuu's wicked designs), 5,000 Ossen , and 3,000 Asahi  of Tribe Borigh) aligned against Shezmuu and the Cobbledemons. When the battelines had been drawn and the individual tactics and chain of command established for the immense army of mortals, whose number filled the whole of the cavern, the Four departed to face Shezmuu in his horrific workshop.

When the time came for blows to be exchanged,
Aeon sealed Shezmuu in a void (to Skalvos's dismay), but failed and instead destroyed his body and spread pieces of Shezmuu around the room. Shezmuu's illusions perplexed Skalvos and Aeon with its words, intrigued and put Ossecast on edge, and most dangerously, made Titheus impatient. While the other Three began to search for Shezmuu in the depths of the Core, Titheus crafted a terrible affliction that would turn Shezmuu (hopefully) and his twisted creations into the very symbol of Titheus - salt. It worked at first, rendering the decoys into salt. An affronted Shezmuu drew the Four into the Core, and returned the favor by ensnaring Aeon's son, Shade, Lord of the Drey, and torturing his very being into death of his existence itself (Titheus was not blamed - an error, some scholars and clerics believe). While the Four fought, full of wrath, the Plague of Salt grew out of control. The Plague spread; as Titheus had commanded, the creations of Shezmuu were sought out and given new forms in deathly salt, their beings erased. What was unknown to Titheus was that Imps and the Demons were ancient creations of Shezmuu.

The mighty Demon ilk, babtised and shielded by the Core, were saved from the salty taste of
Titheus's wrath. The Imps (and Cobbledemons) were not so lucky, and their number on the battleplain began to fall drastically as the Plague spread across the field and into Imp tunnels. When what had transpired occurred to Titheus, he was so distraught that rather than attempting to fix the situation and possibly make it worse, he elected to instead destroy himself and so dissolved into salt into the ocean of blood in the Core. Even after this knowledge reached the "divines," Aeon still chose to blame himself for what had transpired. Skalvos fruitlessly tried to cure the Plague of Salt (Ossen cavalry and Imp engineers successfully contained it to the battleground) but did succeed in channeling his essence into recreating Titheus. And so a new Titheus, soaked with the Core's toxic impulse, tore itself from [color=#004080]Skalvos's flesh. It was a shade devoid of emotion, ironically vacuous of Empathy,  and driven only by hatred of itself and Shezmuu.

OOC: It remains to be seen if Titheus is to remain an insane blood/salt god devoid of any emotion. Regardless, the Salt Plague is one of the most cataclysmic events in history thus far and likely has inspired enduring hatred of the Clergy and Titheus.
Vami IV

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games