Warhammer Rules?

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Warhammer Rules?

Postby G2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 pm

I have a question to ask the Warhammer players (both Fantasy and 40K).

Has anyone used Lego to play a game of Warhammer? and if so, how did it work out? Did you have change any of the measurements?

Thanks
G2
Hero

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:53 pm

I have made a warhammer sized dreadnought, never used though...

most people won't allow you to use pure lego, because you'd have to paint it, and painting non-custom minifig lego is highly illegal.

otherwise, the measurements aren't changed, because it unbalances it, and nobody likes unbalanced things in warhammer. (now all my 48" rockets go further, compared to your lego orks, only having 24" sluggas!)

and it is kind of a bother, getting all those models, custom decals, guns, custom helmets, alien species, learning the rules, etc.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Foggy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:48 pm

While I'm an avid player of the Imperial Guard, I have yet to use a single piece of LEGO or GW plastic.

Its all Stormtroopers from Star Wars Miniatures. n_n

The measurements of the weapons never change for proxies. The same cannot be said for the size of the proxy though...

I can use a Stormtrooper as an Imp Guard because he has the same size base and same height of the Imp Guard.
BUT I can't use my TIE-Crawler as a tank because its not long enough.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby G2 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:44 am

Thank you TTR and Foggy for replying to question. I now know that using Lego as a 'proxy' army in Warhammer is not a good idea.

But I think my original question my have been a little confusing. I was not meaning that you use a Lego army up against a proper GW army. I was meaning that you set a game ENTIRELY of Lego, including scenery and the two opposing forces (just like a Brikwars game) but you use the Warhammer rules, for movement, combat and everything else.
G2
Hero

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:10 am

G2 wrote:Thank you TTR and Foggy for replying to question. I now know that using Lego as a 'proxy' army in Warhammer is not a good idea.

But I think my original question my have been a little confusing. I was not meaning that you use a Lego army up against a proper GW army. I was meaning that you set a game ENTIRELY of Lego, including scenery and the two opposing forces (just like a Brikwars game) but you use the Warhammer rules, for movement, combat and everything else.

Hmm....the term "Hardcore Brikwars" comes to mind...

EDIT: Actually, if I had a copy or anything of the rules, I'd be willing to try this.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby G2 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:00 pm

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:Hmm....the term "Hardcore Brikwars" comes to mind...

Yeah, you could say, it would be a Hardcore game of Brikwars. Maybe a way to get the Warhammer players involved with Lego, and ultimately with Brikwars.
G2
Hero

Postby Captain Nomouth » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:30 pm

What is Warhammer anyway?
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby Blitzen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Captain Nomouth » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Oh...
Interesting.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby G2 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Captain Nomouth wrote:Oh...
Interesting.

Yes it is....and very expensive (just to let you know), but FUN!!!!
G2
Hero

Postby DarkWolf » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Captain Nomouth wrote:Oh...
Interesting.

Feel free to stick with Dawn of War, the RTS version of Warhammer 40K. And there is Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, which I haven't played yet. Warhammer Age of Reckoning (WAR) is coming out sometime in the second quarter of '08 after being delayed three times, but their just spending more time to get it right the first time, and their pod casts are funny as hell.

Excerpt from a Q&A session:
Q: How many people will be able to be in a single are at any given time?
A: As many as we can cram in without the servers exploding.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby ninkybob » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Personally, I think the comp. games are antisocial and take the fun right out of the hobby. If you don't want to do the painting, modeling and assembling that comes as a package deal with Warhammer, then you shouldn't play it! Go play some cheap WizardsOTC miniature game and blow your brains out with all the hexes and unrealistic special rules. Those who don't want to play actual Warhammer shouldn't be handed an easy way into the game on a silver platter.
TROLOLO
ninkybob
Champion

Postby DarkWolf » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:01 pm

ninkybob wrote:Personally, I think the comp. games are antisocial and take the fun right out of the hobby. If you don't want to do the painting, modeling and assembling that comes as a package deal with Warhammer, then you shouldn't play it! Go play some cheap WizardsOTC miniature game and blow your brains out with all the hexes and unrealistic special rules. Those who don't want to play actual Warhammer shouldn't be handed an easy way into the game on a silver platter.

Incidently, I didn't start collecting the miniatures until after I had played DoW, so please, don't piss on it.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Postby Rayhawk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:45 pm

ninkybob wrote:Those who don't want to play actual Warhammer shouldn't be handed an easy way into the game on a silver platter.

Now that's an interesting sentiment. Why not? Does their having fun somehow diminish your having fun?
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Carda » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:50 pm

I think that's just the "purist" sentiment showing through there. Kinda like how I'm sure there were people who said that the Halo ActionClix game was going to ruin the franchise.

At least until they saw the fully-to-scale Scarab tank. I for one would LOVE to use one of THOSE in a BrikWars battle, either as a set piece or as a vehicle. BIG BOOM indeed.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Next

Return to Lesser Games