ROBLOX

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

ROBLOX

Postby BrikLick » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:19 am

Does anyone here play this?

I've been playing it for about 5-6 years.

It started off as a physics engine, then it became a 'lego rip off' (R6 Models), and now it's a pretty big platform of its own.

Most of the front page games are okay, but I've been Lua scripting on it for 3 years making games, starting projects, and you can even make easy money off of it.

The groups are also neat, there are clan groups you can join. I'm currently in a huge Elder Scrolls genre and I've worked my way to the top so I'm now making Skyrim magic for easy Robux (The virtual currency they use that you can exchange for real money. I've made about 600 bucks so far on the platform but I spent most of it on a new computer.

You can build and script anything you want on there or play the games other people have made. The only down side is that the community is full of fidget-spinning 11 year olds but the better clans are mature and so is the development community.
I built Rome in a day.
BrikLick
Warrior King

Re: ROBLOX

Postby Tzan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:40 am

When they first announced the "make money" program I did think about it, but never signed up.
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby Darkstorm » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:52 am

fidget-spinning eleven year olds  :lol:

I actually have never played. I always thought: Lego+minecraft? Sounds like a ripoff...
so I never actually played it yet. But hey, I'll try it out sometime.
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:38 pm

I actually liked it in the time, but quit playing after they started pushing the-free-accounts-are-only-demos kind of pay-to-play kind of thing, which was a shame, because around that time there started to be really good and innovative stuff being created. to clear things up, I had been playing since almost the beginning.
Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Postby stubby » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:28 pm

I got locked out of my account back in 2006 and have never convinced them to let me back in.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Return to Lesser Games