Great, what I was afraid of. A noob flood. Honestly, don't some of you know how to use wikipedia, or a search engine?
Alright, I'm going to give a full explanation the way I should have to start with:
- This is a mod, not a standalone game.
- This mod was made for Quake 3 Arena, however, there is an open-source, free clone program called OpenArena on which this mod will run with only minor problems. Mainly, bots don't know how to grab weapons.
- The maps and mod are both on separate sites and by separate people.
- There is another mod which could be used to incorperate level editing (building?), and the two mods could be merged into one folder.
In order to play this mod, you need to do the following things:
1. download whichever version of Open Arena applies to you. http://www.moddb.com/games/5727/openarena/downloads
2. Download Lego Carnage Pro:
Note: You will probably be told you don't have an account with FilePlanet. Just make one and log in. If you ever play other mods for OpenArena or download a map or anything, you'll need it, since it's a favorite hosting spot.
3. Download the LetGo map pack:
4. Take the folder named LCpro_FullMOD, and open it. Inside there's a folder called Lego_C. Open the other folder letgo_q3a. Drag the file named LetGo_q3a.pk3 into the Lego_C folder.
5. Now rightclick on the OpenArena Icon. Chose Show package contents. Inside, there are several file/folders: Info.plist, MacOS (yours will probably be named something else), PkgInfo, and Resources. Drag or copy the lego_C folder into whatever folder has taken the place of MacOS.
6. Launch OpenArena. A list of options will appear. Chose Mods. Click on Lego_C.
7. Have fun playing the game. Note: OpenArena on its own is lots of fun too. definitely worth playing.
Whew. That was fun....