Red Faction: Guerrilla

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Bonn-o-Tron wrote: I just need to do one final mission which involves driving an armoured truck through a couple dozen tracking arrays (which includes the many guards defending them).

So I got this on sunday.

The min spec graphics card is GF7xxx, I have a GF6800. So with the screen at 1024 and all graphics at min. I got 10 FPS, which is playable. At slightly higher settings it was 7 fps. I prefer 15 at min but 10 is really the break point.

I did that mission last night and won on the first try. It looks like I could have failed, but each time I turned off road I was headed in the right direction.

When I destroyed the last tower I continued off a cliff and landed on a smoking enemy vehicle, it exploded and sent my heavily damaged truck sailing into the air, landed upside down on fire.

The game pauses to inform me that I won the mission etc...
The game starts, I scramble out and run just before my car explodes. Lucky for me all the enemies disappear at the end of the mission or I would have been run over by 10 cars.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm

people found this mission hard?

You should play the last one which involves the entire EDF forces vs you in a tank and about 5 marauders.

Samanya is a Marauder.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:35 pm

RJ wrote:people found this mission hard?

You should play the last one which involves the entire EDF forces vs you in a tank and about 5 marauders.

Samanya is a Marauder.

I don't know if other people thought it was hard. I had about 25% health on the car when I finished, before the explosion. I could see people making a wrong turn and costing them more damage.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the game. When I get near a convoy mission my FPS drops to 1 frame in 3 seconds or worse.

Yesterday I jumped into a large dump truck and got the super low fps. I jumped out and was ok, weird.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:31 am

Don't bother doing convoy's - edf property destroying, guerilla raids and house arrests are the way to go.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Cool, I can do all that at normal frame rate, thanks for the tip!
Although a convoy mission does look like fun :)

Just trying to decide when I should buy a new computer. Seems like the time is now... ish.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:14 am

The convoy missions are crap - you just either destroy or (mainly) get one back to the safe house.

If Achievements are on that game, try and get the one where you kill 50 planes. And the one for killing 50 people with a sledgehammer.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 am

There is an achievement list.

For some reason there are a few stuck at 99%.
Do 2 and I have done 3 and its at 99%???

I use the sledgehammer a lot so that will be easy :) I'm probably over 30 kills and not even halfway through Dust.

I just got the rocket launcher so I need more ammo then heatseeking.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:14 am

Well any gun can take down a flyer eventually.

I got my sledgehammer trophy in dust.

The 3/2 thing is a glitch, I have the Liberate Mars trophy but no Liberate Eos!

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Oh man that free Walker with rockets in that Dust garage is nice!
Rips apart tanks too easy.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:00 pm

There is a Combat Walker in Dust?

The only ones I have found where in the Mount Vogel EDF base.

Does anyone know how to get the walker from that first Dust Mission, the one on the demo.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:40 pm

I read on a forum about this.

In the wind farm at the north end of Dust there is a "red" building. I'm not sure if this works if you blew it up already. Its at the 4 way intersection, northeast corner and if you click it on the map, its named a "garage".

So you do the mission where you steal an industrial walker, south end of Dust. After that mission the combat walker is in the garage at the wind farm and it will respawn after you use it.

I did this mission third, so not sure if just the third mission triggers it or specifically doing the walker theft mission.

I already took out the high value buildings. Having the combat walker for those would have been great.

Industrial Walker:
I think I went back to the industrial walker garage after the mission and it wasnt there. There is a vehicle there for a transport race to the safehouse in the first zone.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 am

I remember that one! You only get it once though.