No votes
HK416
No votes

Total votes: 8

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:56 pm

still say no to airsoft,.. cool looking guns, yes

sick of whinny rambo wanna bees who wont take hits cause "i duint feel it yuh callin me a liar? duh,....

na paint ball, keep rules like keep shooting till they fall down,.... no "misunderstandings then,...... especially wuth Noobo's

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 am

i have revived the thread for i am getting new airsoft guns. i need ur helps yet again should i get this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-AUG-449A.htm , this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-Hk416-21.htm ,this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M164-610.htm ,this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-BI-SCAR-01T.htm , or this: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-ARMY-R85A1.htm and i don't want reasons like "because it looks cool" or "cause i like it" or "cause its a bullpup"
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Tom Xbow
Champion
Champion

Post by Tom Xbow » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:30 pm

It hurts like hell
You need abit of treatment from Mr T
P.S I used a sniper

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:08 am

This is the only airsoft gun I have

The little orange thing came off as soon as I took it out of the box. Awesome.

Somehow when I bought this a a year ago it was on sale for like $30
Last edited by Almighty Benny on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

benkim123
Dimmy

Post by benkim123 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:10 am

I envy your your airsoft gun.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 pm

I have a buddy who lost an eye* in paintball. Followed the rules, didn't take his goggles off, but one of his mates hit him square on the lens, and now he's legally blind in that eye.

*Actually, it got deflated and then reinflated, but it doesn't work anymore.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:11 pm

i have decided to get the R85 http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-ARMY-R85A1.htm cause it it badass with it electronic blowback and 450 rounds and the quick field stripping and cause its bullpup*

*yeah i broke my own rule, but bullpups have longer barrels in a shorter gun, and all the weights in the back so its easier to carry.

dcl32
Minifig
Location: In Afghanistan providing supressive fire with an M60

Post by dcl32 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Rody wrote:isn't it kind of the point of paintball that is hurts like hell? and the fun you get from inflicting this on others?
It's not like it hurts that badly it's more humiliating than painful. My ten year old cousin took like 5 within half an hour and didn't even whine.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:02 pm

You <i>shot</i> your cousin <i>five times</i>?
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:44 am

super excited im going to the BT world game for my birthday.

http://www.btpaintball.com/btbiggame/

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Anyone going to the decay of nations game?
I am.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:00 pm

anyone going to the BT big game? i am. they have games all over the world.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 am

You should buy from Evike. Might be a bit pricier some times, but they're running a good, solid site that generally gives you enough information about what you're buying.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

furiousj
Nice Dubs

Post by furiousj » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:29 am

hey don't talk about shit u don't know about. 1. paintball guns have an average effective range of about 180 feet, and an accurate range of about 130 feet and shoot at about 300 feet per second. 2.you stated that it hurts like hell. it can't hurt like hell and have an accurate range of 30 feet, or the fps rating would be about 50-80 fps.3.u know what else? neither airsoft nor paintball guns are toys. they both have the capability to make u blind. thats why u have to wear protective body armor and face masks. 4. it hurts like hell cause there not toys! 5. without paintball there would be no airsoft, so quit ur bitchin. 6. airsoft bb's are NOT bio-degradable, paintballs are. so, they are more eco-friendly. 7. I have NEVER heard anyone kill someone by firing squads. so ur wrong there because in a game, no one would have the time or patience to do that. 8. cheating is so much easier in airsoft because u have no proof u hit someone. in paintball because of the splatter, it is much harder to cheat and get away with it. 9. airsoft guns have been taking and painted over the orange parts and been used to rob stores. so airsoft guns are actully contributing to crime, cause they are too easy to get ur hands on. with paintball u can't do that cause of all the tubes and wires. 10. airsoft sniper rifle have a fps rating of an average of 510 fps! get close enough and hit someone in the right place, it could kill them. paintball guns all have the same average of around 270-299 fps. its actully the basic important rule to have that. even the snipers have that rating. 11. nobody has been killed in paintball. only idiots who decide not to follow the rule are injured. also, paintball is SAFER that football by a 3-1 advantage, meaning football is 3 times more dangerous than paintball.

I did a project at school on this. I got a 100. don't doubt me.
Couple of things: Average airsoft rifle (before upgrades) shoots about 350 FPS, which will propel the average .2g pellet about 60-70 feet accurately and about 100-120 feet overall. There are stock rifles (Echo 1 is releasing some) that shoot 430 out of the box. But lets put .3g's in the 350 FPS rifle, effectively bringing it's FPS down to about 300.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the average paintball weighs around 3.0-3.3g. I know the ASTM standard says they can't go over 3.5, but most of the weights I saw were 3.1 to 3.25g's. Going with straight FPS, that means it would need 10x the power to propel a 3.0g paintball at the same FPS that an airsoft rifle would be shooting a .3g pellet. The inertia behind the projectile is what makes it hurt more.

Mind you, airsoft does have its moments.

Looked a lot worse off camera. I actually wish that one broke skin so I wouldn't have that gnarly bruise.

Airsoft is an honor hobby. It's a lot easier to cheat with airsoft (though I've heard almost everyone in the infamous paintball vs. airsoft debate state how easy it is to wipe paint off... hrm...), but most people follow a quite simple system when they airsoft. If it becomes a problem that someone doesn't call their hits, they get a warning. After that they don't get invited back to events.

I've always told new people coming onto my team to feel and listen for their hits, if they're in doubt whether it was a hit or not it was, and to play with honor. I'd enforce it too if I had to, but I've been lucky so far.

Most airsoft pellets people will pickup aren't eco-friendly, you're right. But there are bio-degradable pellets and many fields/groups will enforce their use. I'll have my team clean up any trash left behind by the days group, and any trash they see that may have been there for a while. We do pick up a LOT of paintball boxes in the fields that paintballers share.

Many people complain about cost with each one too. Initially, the paintball markers cost more, and their ammunition is more expensive too. But I've seen people put a lot of money into their airsoft rifles (Systema, which is considered the top of the line, has rifles that run well over $1,200), and gear costs a lot as well depending on what brands you get. Authentic milsim loadout (including rifle, magazines, military grade tacvest, uniform with name and team patches, etc.) is probably around $1500, which is what most people go for once they become serious, but a lot of people can get away with a good rifle, and a good looking full loadout for around $400.

Each sport has their strengths. If you enjoy competitive play, paintball's probably the best way to go. Most people think Speedball (and that's what you see on tv when you watch paintball). If you enjoy a wider range of tactical movement and scenarios, go with airsoft. That's not to say that their isn't a speedball version of airsoft, or that paintball players don't move and fight like the military, but those two are harder to find in a given area.

L85's a good rifle. Common magazine that you can pick up. If you're going to upgrade it, make sure the motor and battery can pull the new spring, and definitely make sure you put some metal bushings in there (and reshimming wouldn't be a bad idea either).

For future purchases, Echo 1 and NEW JG's have a phenomenal price:performance ratio.
:O

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm

i don't doubt that airsoft has its moments, cause each weapons is just as customisable as the weapon you're getting is modeled after. and yes airsoft ammo is cheaper. i do enjoy paintball and airsoft. there is woodsball which is paintball in the woods, where it was created, but it is much harder to find nowadays. but there are more paintball fields in the US then airsoft fields. i know that because there are 3 fields that know do airsoft and 6 fields that do paintball. and there are more scenario paintball games then scenario airsoft games, but do tend to be shorter time limit then scenario airsoft games. in my area, i know of 2 places were i can get airsoft equipment, and about 10 places were i can get paintball equipment. yes, airsoft mags can hold more ammo then paintball hoppers can, and tend to shoot faster then paintball guns. the fps can also go higher allowing longer ranges that the bb can travel. airsoft guns can also utilize bullpup methods, but paintball guns can't, and there are a way bigger range of airsoft pistols then paintball pistols. airsoft guns are also lighter weight and don't have to carry around all the air tanks and and hoppers and wires, making it less bulky.