Olothontor! To War!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:50 pm

A small flaw... Lack of oxygen IS a fire-suppressant environment. They use Carbon-monoxide (a negative form of oxygen, if you will) to put them out... But don't mind me. Oh, and read the newest RedClay battle report, if your interested... Please be interested :lol:
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:52 pm

King of Brix wrote:A small flaw... Lack of oxygen IS a fire-suppressant environment. They use Carbon-monoxide (a negative form of oxygen, if you will) to put them out... But don't mind me. Oh, and read the newest RedClay battle report, if your interested... Please be interested :lol:
It isn't if you brought your own oxygen. Then you need something to negate the oxygen or other burning factor.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:10 pm

zombies freeze at the same temperatures as water, since they produce no body heat of their own. a zombie in space (as in, not in a pressurized/heated environment) would be completely harmless. zombies IN YOUR BASE KILLING YOUR DUDES is another problem entirely, however.

also, wtf, space flamethrower? fire requires carbon and oxygen to burn, and produces H20 and CO2 as products. yes, these are the rules of combustion no matter what. in space, unless you have carbon AND oxygen present, there will be no combustion. you may get heat from a pure oxygen torch (as in, a blowtorch), but no actual burning.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 pm

IVhorseman wrote:zombies freeze at the same temperatures as water, since they produce no body heat of their own
I'll just stay in Canada, thanks.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:05 pm

After further consideration, I think the proper solution is to take the lunar lander maneuvering thrusters and use those as flamethrowers.

Chessboxr
Hero

Post by Chessboxr » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Blitzen wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:zombies freeze at the same temperatures as water, since they produce no body heat of their own
I'll just stay in Canada, thanks.

I don't think Canada will be safe from any kind of outbreak, they allready have scene kids.

I know, becuase I saw one on tv.
_____ _____ keep a el nigre biscut from a' slipin.

Real Facts
True Story

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Hey! Scene kids aren't that bad (where I come from, at least).
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Chessboxr
Hero

Post by Chessboxr » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Hit it, forget it my friend.

Real Facts
True Story

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:35 pm

No no, I didn't mean that. I know a few from going to punk shows. I'm friends with a some hardcore kids, they're neat folks.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Chessboxr
Hero

Post by Chessboxr » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 pm

I stopped listening to rock music, mostly becuase of the scene (not the scene kid's).

Real Facts
True Story

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:25 pm

IVhorseman wrote:zombies freeze at the same temperatures as water, since they produce no body heat of their own. a zombie in space (as in, not in a pressurized/heated environment) would be completely harmless. zombies IN YOUR BASE KILLING YOUR DUDES is another problem entirely, however.

also, wtf, space flamethrower? fire requires carbon and oxygen to burn, and produces H20 and CO2 as products. yes, these are the rules of combustion no matter what. in space, unless you have carbon AND oxygen present, there will be no combustion. you may get heat from a pure oxygen torch (as in, a blowtorch), but no actual burning.
Do you delight in displaying lack of basic science knowledge? :roll:

Olothontor, where the heck are you?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:52 am

I delight in passing the AP chemistry test where that was subject material. combustion is a chemical reaction that requires any hydrocarbon and oxygen (gah. i totally forgot on the last post that combustion requires H as well), to produce Carbon Dioxide and Water. a flamethrower is used to provide enough activation energy for the highly thermodynamically favorable reaction of combustion.

again for a space flamethrower, nothing's going to actually COMBUST, unless you're wearing a space suit that's been drenched in oil, or is made out some hydrocarbon-rich material. mind you, you could still get HEAT from a lit blast of pure oxygen or carbon monoxide, which would be able to melt metals and other objects, but it'd be ridiculously impractical to be able to get a good range on this. remember, this is basically a large blowtorch you're dealing with.

also, blitzen, Canada and the frozen north are almost entirely safe from zombie attacks. so you're in luck. until summer.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:42 am

First, I take full responsibility for derailing this topic so.

Second, flamethrowers vs zombies is not the most practical idea. You need to destroy the brain, and while destroying the body is indeed good, it won't kill it and you may have a wall of burning zombies shuffling to you. According to the Zombie Survival Guide, you'd be best off with a rifle.
At the same time, the problem with fighting zombies on the moon is that you're either outside fighting them on the barren moonscape, where a rip in your suit might kill you, or you're fighting them inside, where a stray bullet could vacate everything inside to the outside. Shotguns in a moonbase. Big no no.

Third, I'm in the midst of reading Max Brooks' "World War Z," and while freezing zombies may temporarily solve the problem, it doesn't solve the problem that is human attacks from others that know you have food. Perhaps if you Canadians used bladed hockey sticks...
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:54 am

Carrnevil9 wrote:Third, I'm in the midst of reading Max Brooks' "World War Z,"
Very good read, IMO

Boomer
Hero

Post by Boomer » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:First, I take full responsibility for derailing this topic so.

Second, flamethrowers vs zombies is not the most practical idea. You need to destroy the brain, and while destroying the body is indeed good, it won't kill it and you may have a wall of burning zombies shuffling to you. According to the Zombie Survival Guide, you'd be best off with a rifle.
At the same time, the problem with fighting zombies on the moon is that you're either outside fighting them on the barren moonscape, where a rip in your suit might kill you, or you're fighting them inside, where a stray bullet could vacate everything inside to the outside. Shotguns in a moonbase. Big no no.

Third, I'm in the midst of reading Max Brooks' "World War Z," and while freezing zombies may temporarily solve the problem, it doesn't solve the problem that is human attacks from others that know you have food. Perhaps if you Canadians used bladed hockey sticks...
I was going to mention we are using them against flammable zombies, until this post. Yeah, good point. Save the incinerator units for The Thing, stick to shrapnel pulse rifles.