PS3

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

PS3

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey right before my extended absence I recieved a PS3 and have Little Big Planet, Battlefield 1943, Orange Box and Burnout Paradise.

I feel like a noob but does any one else have one and if so, details?

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 pm

I have it, and I gotta say it's AWESOME. I'm not in the whole PS3 vs. Xbox360 thing, but I PREFER the PS3, from what I've experienced. Got some really cool games, including some awesome console exclusives.

LBP is the only game out of those I've played. It's... how should I say this...

SUPER AWESOME Perfect for Brikwars players with the inclusion of fire, poison gas, explosives, spikes, and electrical stuff.

Another game I'd highly suggest is Uncharted 2, and the first one if you want to get the full experience.

Wait, did you get the Game of the Year edition of LBP?
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:56 am

The Orange Box is broken on PS3, still unsupported. :cry: Which is why they won't be receiving any more valve games.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:50 pm

I agree Orange box is better on PC but I got it $15 used so I couldn't say no.

BTW I got GOTY LittleBigPlanet. So worth it.

I'm really addicted to burnout paradise right now.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 am

Damn, I really wanted that. I suggest downloading the Pirates of the Caribbean pack, IT HAS WATER :D

Oh and I was wondering, if I rented the GotY version, would I be able to keep the content on my regular version of the game? They probably did something to counter that, but is there a chance? :?
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
I agree with Warhead.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 am

No idea, I'm a PS3 noob.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 pm

you could, but you may need to wipe your save to do so.
as for download for LBP, I would recomend Metal Gear Solid over Pirates Of the Carribean. you can't build submarines with water, and MGS had better levels.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

True, but the MGS pack comes as part of the GotY edition. That's why I said to download the Pirates pack, so he can have both. See how that works out? :D
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
I agree with Warhead.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

But first I have to get a PSN card because I used what was left on mine(After Battlefield 1943) to buy the DeLorean and Ecto 1 for Burnout Paradise. The top of my PSN list right now is Big Surf Island.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Oh If your getting a PSN card, use it to buy Worms! (the game) (expecting comment on double meaning)

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Aside from Big Surf and more LBP stuff I want to get Wolfenstein 3d and Flower.

I have Worms Armegeddon for PC.

On a related note I BEAT PORTAL! That games ending is glorious.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm

ARG I want Portal. And Halflife.

But I really want Portal.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 am

I'm an Xbox 360 person, but the PS3 has better graphics, and I would like it, if Sony had an online network system before Microsoft. Sony's just jumping on the bandwagon late, which is why I don't have a PS3. Oh yeah; they cost almost twice as much as the 360.
You are unique, just like everybody else.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Dertyyy wrote:I'm an Xbox 360 person, but the PS3 has better graphics, and I would like it, if Sony had an online network system before Microsoft. Sony's just jumping on the bandwagon late, which is why I don't have a PS3. Oh yeah; they cost almost twice as much as the 360.
Technically, the Xbox has better graphics, but only because it can competently run at lower specs. the PS3 has bad HD, the xbox has amazing 720 def.

Oh, and Cpt Zipps, by "OB broken on PS3" I meant this:
Wikipedia wrote:While the Windows and Xbox 360 versions of The Orange Box were developed and published by Valve, the development of the PlayStation 3 port was outsourced to Electronic Arts. In an interview with Edge magazine before the game's release, Valve co-founder Gabe Newell commented, "I think the people who have The Orange Box on the PS3 are going to be happy with their game experience. We've done the PC and 360 versions here and EA has a team doing the PS3 version – and they'll make the PS3 version a good product; EA got the job done in putting a lot of people with PS3 experience on the project. But I think it's harder to get it to the same standard as the 360 and PC versions". Despite this, he noted that Valve will probably handle PlayStation 3 versions of its products in the future.[49]
In a preview of The Orange Box in November 2007, 1UP.com revealed numerous problems with the late beta build of EA's PlayStation 3 version of The Orange Box, citing pervasive frame rate issues which, they claimed, "at best merely hinder gameplay and at worst make the experience downright unplayable."[50] IGN's Hilary Goldstein disagreed, writing that although EA "is one of the worst offenders when it comes to porting games to the PS3," the frame rate issues were not bad enough "to make me throw my controller in disgust."[51]
On January 3, 2008, IGN reported that Valve employees had created a thread on Valve's website forums for players to list the problems they had encountered and to suggest fixes,[52] which caused speculation that a patch was being planned to address the issues in the PlayStation 3 version, such as the frame rate issues, the connection problems in Team Fortress 2, and the slow loading times in Portal. A patch for the PlayStation 3 version was later released in North America on March 19, 2008 and Europe a short while after that; however, it made no mention of fixing frame rate issues or slow loading times.
My friend bought it for £10, only to find it totally unplayable and lagged out - on his new ps3. Also, no more support, just the first patch.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote:I have Worms Armegeddon for PC.
World party's where it's at.
I've never seen an orange box being used. considering I have A HDTV and say tha't you don't need a orange box to not get a blurry piece of S**t.