Commodore 64

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Commodore 64

Postby Korwinblue » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:19 am

Soooo, anyone old enough to remember the Commodore 64? We're moving, and I found one in a closet. Looks like we still have our old games, and software. Only other hardware I could find is the printer. (for the record, I was probably like 7 when I played the Commodore, and that was waaay after its golden age).

Is it just me, or is 8-bit just too much fun? 8-bit, 16-bit, ya, the good old days.

P.S. Why is it too darn difficult to find a Wii? I Nintendo trying to jack up demand or something?
User avatar
Korwinblue
Champion
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:51 am

C64 games were awesome, but weren't they all on floppies? It doesn't take too many years before floppies go bad, magnetic information only lasts so long.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:50 am

I've got a Commodore stashed away in my garage somewhere. I'm assuming that what Rayhawk said was right, because 90% of the 1000+ floppies that I had didn't work.
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Postby Tzan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:45 am

At the time I had an Atari 400 which I upgraded with more memory to be like an 800. You had to solder a board into the machine yourself. I ended up modding 3 other peoples machines because they didnt want to touch it. A 400 + upgrade cost less than an 800.

In the 90's I inherited a friends C64 and Intellivision, but never really used them.

A few weeks ago I found a program that can read Atari-ST disks on my PC drive. So I've been rescuing old art files and some game code and art from a C game I made back in 91-92. Only one disk was unreadable so far, I've more disks to sort through. I can also convert the old Degas art files to PNG using XnView. So I'm very happy.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby Sir Lancelot » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:26 am

Response to the P.S.:

Wiis are hard to find because of three reasons:
6. Wiis are uber awesome cool and as such everyone wants one
7. Wiis are uber awesome priced and as such everyone wants one
8. Wiis are uber awesome better than other systems and as such everyone wants one.

If everyone wants one, then nobody gets one...
User avatar
Sir Lancelot
Hero
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Sitting in a confused state

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:49 am

Sir Lancelot wrote:Response to the P.S.:

Wiis are hard to find because of three reasons:
6. Wiis are uber awesome cool and as such everyone wants one
7. Wiis are uber awesome priced and as such everyone wants one
8. Wiis are uber awesome better than other systems and as such everyone wants one.

If everyone wants one, then nobody gets one...

I have to disagree with you here Wiis are indeed Über awesome but isn't better then other systems it's just different then other systems but still Über.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:49 am

Sir Lancelot wrote:Response to the P.S.:

Wiis are hard to find because of three reasons:
6. Wiis are uber awesome cool and as such everyone wants one
7. Wiis are uber awesome priced and as such everyone wants one
8. Wiis are uber awesome better than other systems and as such everyone wants one.

If everyone wants one, then nobody gets one...

I have to disagree with you here Wiis are indeed Über awesome but isn't better then other systems it's just different then other systems but still Über.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:00 am

Sir Lancelot wrote:Response to the P.S.:

Wiis are hard to find because of three reasons:
6. Wiis are uber awesome cool and as such everyone wants one
7. Wiis are uber awesome priced and as such everyone wants one
8. Wiis are uber awesome better than other systems and as such everyone wants one.

If everyone wants one, then nobody gets one...

I have to disagree with you here Wiis are indeed Über awesome but isn't better then other systems it's just different then other systems but still Über.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby feuer_faust » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:24 am

C-C-Combo breaker!

Eheh.

Anyways, I had an old POS or somesuch once, but it never worked and my parents didn't know how to make it work. And I never thought to get a book at the library (this was years before our first computer and before I ever set foot online).
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby Sir Lancelot » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
Sir Lancelot wrote:Response to the P.S.:

Wiis are hard to find because of three reasons:
6. Wiis are uber awesome cool and as such everyone wants one
7. Wiis are uber awesome priced and as such everyone wants one
8. Wiis are uber awesome better than other systems and as such everyone wants one.

If everyone wants one, then nobody gets one...

I have to disagree with you here Wiis are indeed Über awesome but isn't better then other systems it's just different then other systems but still Über.


Wow triple post. But your wrong, Wiis are better then other systems because they make you get up and move and they have fun and better games.
User avatar
Sir Lancelot
Hero
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Sitting in a confused state

Postby feuer_faust » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Sir Lancelot wrote:
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
Sir Lancelot wrote:Response to the P.S.:

Wiis are hard to find because of three reasons:
6. Wiis are uber awesome cool and as such everyone wants one
7. Wiis are uber awesome priced and as such everyone wants one
8. Wiis are uber awesome better than other systems and as such everyone wants one.

If everyone wants one, then nobody gets one...

I have to disagree with you here Wiis are indeed Über awesome but isn't better then other systems it's just different then other systems but still Über.


Wow triple post. But your wrong, Wiis are better then other systems because they make you get up and move and they have fun and better games.


Bah, Wii does not have Dynasty Warriors, Armored Core, Gears of War, Halo, or the Megaman series. Therefore, I cannot believe your claim of Wii superiority. :D
It's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby Rody » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:42 pm

ah but ps3 and xbox360 do not have zelda mario warioware or super smash bros.
whats your point?
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Re: Commodore 64

Postby Tzan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Korwinblue wrote:P.S. Why is it too darn difficult to find a Wii? I Nintendo trying to jack up demand or something?


I got a Wii december 2006. It helps if you know the manager of an EB store.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby Rody » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:55 pm

I got it two months after I ordered it, which was as soon as it was released(forgot to preorder)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Re: Commodore 64

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Tzan wrote:
Korwinblue wrote:P.S. Why is it too darn difficult to find a Wii? I Nintendo trying to jack up demand or something?


I got a Wii december 2006. It helps if you know the manager of an EB store.

I got it Launch Day! 13 hours outside Future Shop in the middle of November FTL...
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests