No votes
Sounds crappy, not interested...
17%

Total votes: 6

BFenix
Pooplord

K4A

Post by BFenix » Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 am

So, I had this idea of making a game. But not just any game. You guys are familiar with the zombie apocalypse and fantasy forum games, like "Roll To Dodge". My idea doesn't venture far beyond that point, in fact, I simply consider it an improvement... I've been working on a FPS forum style game that I call Kill 4 All, or K4A for short.

Basically, players are thrown at each other in a real life maps and real life weapons with various game modes (pretty much like a real FPS).

How does it work? You might be asking, well, players send their orders via PM, then, a GM (Game Master) will process the orders and a real person will execute those orders in the game.

How does everyone keeps track of the action? You might also be wondering, there will be a Topic for each game where the players can comment and the GM will post each players First Person View HUD.

How does the game system works?, would be another question, every player would start in a specific start point on the map, all players start with 10HP (Hit Points), 1 Standard Pistol with infinite ammo, a Tactical Knife and an Armor Vest with 5 AP (Armor Points).
There would be buffs, ammo and weapons scattered around the map that are crucial to the players survival.

How do you win?, is obvious, depending on the game mode. Yet the normal DeathMatch consist of a Last Man Standing style gameplay. If by any means a game ends up with a tie, the player with most kills wins!

So plz, vote, comment, give opinions and ideas! All constructive criticism is appreciated! Also indicate if you would like to be a game tester!

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon May 24, 2010 11:49 am

So, it is basically a forum battle?

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon May 24, 2010 12:53 pm

great, now we can have all of the incredible gory fast-paced action we all love in fps, without all elements of actual skill or fast-pacedness and play it on the forums we all love and hate.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 pm

AND WITH EVEN MORE LAG AS WE WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO SEND IN ORDERS

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon May 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Ok, you really didnt help at all,I see your point though, perhaps a survival horror would get more attention...

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Tue May 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Why can't it be a fair with cotton candy? :cry:

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue May 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Magic Soap wrote:Why can't it be a fair with cotton candy? :cry:
well if you want to... yet, a fair is not has amusing has a gory battle now is it? But cotton candy, well, thats a whole new world... mmmmm...

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Tue May 25, 2010 2:29 pm

BFenix wrote:
Magic Soap wrote:Why can't it be a fair with cotton candy? :cry:
well if you want to... yet, a fair is not has amusing has a gory battle now is it? But cotton candy, well, thats a whole new world... mmmmm...
Indecent savages! Why can't we have a forum game themed around a picnic, but NOOO... you want to go on a massacre! The youth's of today... violence, violence, violence... kill this, kill that...

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Magic Soap wrote: Indecent savages! Why can't we have a forum game themed around a picnic, but NOOO... you want to go on a massacre! The youth's of today... violence, violence, violence... kill this, kill that...
Dude, in games, render, tear, bash, smash, destroy, obliterate, bomb, punch, smack, kick, blast, shoot, smite, spike, trash, crash, burn, sunder, crush, ripe, cut, slice and kill all you want! But in real life, Peace, above all else... yet, society created the Generation Kill, and not everyone thinks like this

oh, and picnics suck

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

I like the idea, but don't do it FPS style, do it more like an RTS or 3rd person RPG (Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 and 2). IT would be much easier that way, as you can draw a bird's eye view of the map, then move the characters on top of it and send a restricted view of what's in front of them, still in a bird's eye view.

This would make it so you don't have to draw a first person view every turn. You just draw the map and the characters, put it into Photoshop or GIMP on different layers, and move the people around. Then crop an image and save that separately.

I would also make it initiative-roll based, but still have the power-ups scattered around like a FPS. Just a different view to make it WAY easier.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:06 pm

^^That could work.
And Bfenix, picnics are awesome. Especially picnics where you get to eat MREs, delivered on-site by a military helicopter (I did that once, completely redefined "picnic" for me).

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed May 26, 2010 6:02 am

trebnos1 wrote:^^That could work.
And Bfenix, picnics are awesome. Especially picnics where you get to eat MREs, delivered on-site by a military helicopter (I did that once, completely redefined "picnic" for me).
Well now THATS a picnic! My experience with family togetherness is horrible... Unless that time we went to the woods, that was actually kinda cool, my dad thought me some survival skills

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed May 26, 2010 6:07 am

OneEye589 wrote:I like the idea, but don't do it FPS style, do it more like an RTS or 3rd person RPG (Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 and 2). IT would be much easier that way, as you can draw a bird's eye view of the map, then move the characters on top of it and send a restricted view of what's in front of them, still in a bird's eye view.

This would make it so you don't have to draw a first person view every turn. You just draw the map and the characters, put it into Photoshop or GIMP on different layers, and move the people around. Then crop an image and save that separately.

I would also make it initiative-roll based, but still have the power-ups scattered around like a FPS. Just a different view to make it WAY easier.
I see what you mean, my idea was of taking pics right in front of a persons face, facing its front of course and show its arms with a weapon and a HUD displaying ammo, health and armor. But your idea sounds good to... but you mentioned drawing, I was thinking of photo manipulation or something

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:44 am

Oh, I see what you're saying now. I didn't realize that it would be like actual photos, but I understand now. I'm not sure what I thought you meant "by real people."

But, your idea sounds like it would be even harder to do. You would have to get all of the actors together at the same time to take the pictures, make sure everything was always set up exactly the same, etc. It just seems like a lot more work.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 am

OneEye589 wrote:Oh, I see what you're saying now. I didn't realize that it would be like actual photos, but I understand now. I'm not sure what I thought you meant "by real people."

But, your idea sounds like it would be even harder to do. You would have to get all of the actors together at the same time to take the pictures, make sure everything was always set up exactly the same, etc. It just seems like a lot more work.
By real people I was actually mentioning myself. I would disguise has a soldier or something like that and I would represent all player. With photoshop I would add something to indicate whos who.
Of course that this doesn't has to be a Deathmatch, K4A was just an idea, but it holds the main idea, there could be other variations like the now popular zombie survival, or fantasy or sci-fi, I dunno...