Split/Second

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Split/Second

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Am I the only person who's been playing this game?

Basically it's just your standard car-racing game, with the added caveat of having the ability to set off explosive charges that are placed all over the map. These dirty tricks (called "Power Plays" in-game) range everywhere from having a helicopter hovering over the track dropping an explosive crate on opponent racers, swinging wrecking balls across the track, and blowing up roadside cabs and buses to derailing moving freight trains directly onto your opponents and even crashing a 747 onto the racetrack. Certain ones will even open up shortcuts, or completely change the To tie it together even further, Power Plays are earned by performing insane jumps, long drifts (my current record lies at 414 yards), and drafting behind your rivals to gain speed and ultimately keep every single race neck and neck.

The graphics and sound design of the game are also top-notch. Every explosion looks and feels real as they throw you around the track, and the music sounds like it's straight out of an action movie's climactic car chase scene. Hell, if you want more proof, watch this video.

My only complaint about the game is that the driving controls are a little wonky - just tapping on the brakes ever-so-lightly might send you into waaay too big of a drift if you do it at the wrong time, sliding you from first to fifth place. This is especially true in the insanely brutal online play, where a single mistake will assuredly cost you first place. If you've played any of the Burnout games though, you're probably used to it. While Split/Second may not be the best strictly racing game out there, it's definitely one of the coolest.