Mythos - Ross's Campaign

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Mythos - Ross's Campaign

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:30 pm

The Crown Empire has overstepped it's boundaries. Hailing from the grey land of Arcanium, the Human Empire wages a constant, two-front war with Orc and Salzar forces. In the middle of this, an ill-advised experimental colony project is pushing it's way forward across the Lorm Sea, and the mad king of that experiment rules here on the continent on Iion, convinced that his tract of land is the only empire in existence.

With this tenuous position on Iion, the Crown has decided to cut all ties with the colonies and is concentrating on the war. Rebel Humans consequently broke off from the Crown Colonial, and Colonial official figures are reacting with extreme suspicion to any erroneousness moves by citizens and anything inside it's borders, being faced by a Salzar threat to the north, Rebel colonies to the south, and a mad king in charge of it all. Iiona is exceedingly populated with many, many races of creatures, from the humble hobbit to the distant elves. The officials of the Crown Colonial have consequently begun to crack down on traders, petty thieves, rabblerousers, and anyone who steps out of bounds.

That's where you come in.

Each of you were captured several weeks ago, for varying reasons, most likely cooked up by the soldiers who decided to take you in. You have been imprisoned within an overcrowded cell block in the river town of Arido, on the outskirts of the Crown Colonial's claimed territory, waiting for something- anything- to happen, to break this tedium.

A loud explosion echos down the hall, and several guards rush past you as sounds of fighting reach your ears. Several prisoners cluster against the bars as you stand back, meeting eyes with the two other that you had been talking with before. Something's happening. Now it's up to fate.


You don't have your equipment at the moment. You'll get that in a minute.

To make an action, tell me what you intend to do and then make the check associated with that.

For combat, roll both your attack dice, your agility dice and your damage dice at once.

Naussica and Thade need to finish genning their characters, and then we can get started.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Shall we begin?

CURRENT CHARACTER SHEETS:

Name: Naussica
Player: Naussica
Class: Ranger
Race: Elf
Level: 0
EXP: 0
HP: 12/12
MP: 6/6
Abilities: Piercing Blow [3mp, 1d8+2 damage]
AGI: 1d10
STR: 1d4+1
CHA: 1d4 +1
DEX: 1d10+1
INT: 1d4
Weapons: Shortbow [1d4], 90 arrows, Shortsword [1d4]
Armor: Wooden Half-helm [1d4], Leather shirt [1d4-1], Leather pants [1d4-2]
Inventory:Rope, Flint and steel, Lockpicking kit, 10 small health potions

Name: Turgo
Player: Olly
Class: Paladin (Mihokmut) [+3 Str, +1 Int]
Race: Minotaur [+3 Str, -1 Int, -2 Cha, -2 Dex]
Level: 0
EXP: 0
HP: 12/12
MP: 6/6
Abilities: Restore [1d6+2 hp, 3 mp]
AGI: 1d4
STR: 1d10
CHA: 1d4
DEX: 1d4-2
INT: 1d4-1
Weapon: Axe [1d4+(STR/2)]
Armor: Leather Shirt [1d4-1], Wooden Shield [1d4], Wooden Half-Helm [1d4]
Equipment: 3 Torches [5 gp], 4 Healing Potions [40 gp], 2 Small Healing Potions [10 gp], 4 Potions of Rejuvenation [40 gp], Wooden Half-Helm [1d4]

NAME: Thade
PLAYER: Thade
Race: Kameli
CLASS: Rouge
Level: 0
XP: 0
HP: 12/12
MP: 6/6
Abilities: Double Strike [3 MP, attack*2]
AGI: 1d8+1
STR: 1d6
DEX: 1d4+1
CHA: 1d4-2
INT: 1d4+1
Weapons: 2 knifes [1d4], Shortsword [1d4]
Armor: Leather shirt [1d4-1], Leather pants [1d4-2], Wooden half helm [1d4]
Inventory: 4 Small Healing potion, 2 Healing potion, Large Healing potion, Rope, Flint and steel, 3 torch, Lockpicking kit

I would appreciate it if you guys kept track of your character sheets. I'll post when something is changed, but I will not be dumping that wall of text at the end of each status post unless you ask me to.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You were captured several weeks ago, for varying reasons, most likely cooked up by the soldiers who decided to take you in. You have been imprisoned within an overcrowded cell block in the river town of Arido, on the outskirts of the Crown Colonial's claimed territory, waiting for something- anything- to happen, to break this tedium.

A loud explosion echos down the hall, and several guards rush past you as sounds of fighting reach your ears. Several prisoners cluster against the bars as you stand back, meeting eyes with the two other that you had been talking with before. Something's happening. Now it's up to fate.


Smuggle Check [CHA]: Naussica managed to sneak in his lockpicking kit when he was captured. All other items on him, Thade, and Turgo have been confiscated.

It is dark. Three other prisoners attempt peer out of the cell's door as you three stand back. Sounds of fighting echo down the hall. A guard stands outside the door. The guard is distracted by the fighting.

Thade: Nothing
Naussica: Lockpicking kit
Turgo: Nothing

Submit a command for your character, and please try to keep in character. I will roll for the effect.
Last edited by Ross_Varn on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Olothontor » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:52 am

Use the opportunity of the lack of prison guards to bend or otherwise remove the prison bars from my way.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Turn Order:

Turgo STR Check: 3. Turgo strains against the bars ineffectively. The guard fails to notice.

Thade: Go.

Naussica: Go.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby naussica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Hide in the crowd of people and pick the lock open, then quickly walk away back to the others.
User avatar
naussica
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: doing what you see in my avatar

Postby thade » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm

observe the room and see if I can't improvise a weapon (MacGyver Check :D )
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Turgo STR Check: 3. Turgo strains against the window's bars ineffectively. The guard fails to notice.

Naussica DEX Check: 4. "Move, you big oaf," Naussica whispers as he moves towards the door's lock. A moment's fiddling unlatches the old hatch. The door can now open. Naussica moves back.

Thade INT Check: 2. Thade picks up the tin mug from last night's measly dinner and then drops it. He can't think of anything that would make an effective weapon.

The prisoners notice Naussica picking the lock. One of them suddenly shoves the door open, ramming it into the back of the guard. He collapses against the wall's far hall, winded. The three prisoners pile out into the hall as the distant shouting suddenly doubles in intensity.

Thade: Nothing
Naussica: Lockpicking kit
Turgo: Nothing
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Olothontor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Hmmph. Crappy Strength check, fine.

Turgo reaches through the bars and breaks the guard's neck, if he's within reach.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby thade » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

I loot the guard, assuming he's dead. I need weaponry!
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Guess we're skipping Naus then.

Turgo STR check: 10, critical success! Turgo stomps across the hallway and easily snaps the unmoving guard's neck. Thade comes up behind him and snags the shortsword [1d4], handing Turgo the wooden half-helm [1d4 Head]. Naussica and the other prisoners move out into the hallway, looking around for the source of the noise.

Down the hall, three guards raise a shout as they see Turgo kill the guard. One begins to rush at you. Suddenly, the door at the end of the hall bursts open and several figures armed with broadswords dash in and slay the guards in a few moments of combat. They strip the guard's bodies of useful items. One of them advances down the hall towards you, sheathing his broadsword. "Hail!"
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby thade » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:47 pm

I sheathe my sword (assuming I have a sheath) but keep my hand ready.
If I don't have a sheath, I lower my sword.


(Let naussica do the talking guys. He has the highest of our (dismal) charisma scores.)
User avatar
thade
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: permanantly trapped in my own twisted imagination

Postby Olothontor » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 am

Turgo will nod his thanks to the broadsword-wielding men, then don the helm. He'll make no attempt at looking any less menacing (just in case it becomes important).

He's also going to start looking for the place where the prison guards keep the prisoner's belongings.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Awright, where's Naussica? Anyone want to play his character until he gets back?
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Olothontor » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:14 pm

I AM DISAPPOINT, NAUSS!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby naussica » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:08 pm

JESUS CHRIST! I'VE HAD TO DO A LOT OF WORK ON NANOWRIMO, AND I'VE LOST SLEEP AND I'VE BEEN STRESSING OUT!

Anyways, I talk to the man and ask, "what's going on here?"
User avatar
naussica
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: doing what you see in my avatar

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests