Lift Mod - Giant robots on surf boards with lasers.

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Lift Mod - Giant robots on surf boards with lasers.

Postby Nitewatchman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:15 pm

So, I watched the entirety of Eureka Seven like, twice last summer.

For those of you that don't know, it's an Anime about...a lot of stuff. There's a love story(told by way of giant robots and pink explosions), the whole idea of a boy becoming a man, and a whole bunch of other stuff, including a jizzload of twists(not the M Night Shymalan kind.)

So obviously, my favorite part of the whole thing was that all the giant robots rode these huge surf boards on waves of light, and went around slicing each other open, launching missiles, and blasting holes in one another with lasers.

And last year around Saturnalia time, a team of modder finally made a standalone, source-engine-based game called Lift Mod. It'd been in development for like five years, and I had quit following it A MONTH BEFORE IT WAS FINALLY RELEASED(in beta).

Yesterday, I googled it to see what became of it, and found out that it was now playable. I downloaded it.

I got a friend in the dorm to download it, and we played it for SIX HOURS.

SIX HOURS.

So now I'm sharing it with you. I'll link you to the Mod Database page for it, where there's a download. Doesn't require Halflife2 or a copy of the source engine. It works right out of the box.

There's basically nobody playing this amazing game right now, so you'll have to start your own server. If there's no one online, I'd suggest starting a server and putting it on the Kute Class Corallian map, then starting the Corallian Onslaught game mode. Spawns AI monsters that try to(and generally succeed) butt snuggle you.

So, yeah, here's the link.
http://www.moddb.com/games/lift-a-eureka-seven-mod/images/spearhead-in-game#imagebox
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

This game is awesome.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Nitewatchman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Play it with me! I want to see what it's like to get two full teams of giant robots battling each other!
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

Nitewatchman
Galidor
Galidor

Postby johndobad » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 am

You guys need to play this!!!
42.... 42 is always the answer
johndobad
Hero

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:36 pm

EDIT:
Wow, tried it out.
It'll be great once theirs some people running servers.
messed around on a self hosted server for awhile. The flying is kinda fun in it self, the controls are difficult but that's by design.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Rody » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:56 pm

So far the game seems fun enough, though for some reason the Coralian assault mode isn't working for me. or not starting, whatever.EDIT: now it suddenly is working, weird. also DAMN HARD!
and I haven't seen any servers.

I'm quite unsure about the controls, something inside me tells me they could use some work. and part of me wants to play this with a joystick and a mouse.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Nitewatchman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Well, you can re-map the controls on the launcher before starting the game.

Also:

I really enjoy the game. I'd like to play a match or two of Team Deathmatch with more than three people. So far, I've only played with three people at a time, and not even that most of the time.

The controls are a little strange to get used to, and could be better, but after some practice, I'm mostly getting the hang of it.

Do you have any times that you might like me to throw up a server and have a little match?
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

Nitewatchman
Galidor
Galidor

Return to Lesser Games