Town of Eville [RTD]

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 am

Right. I'm holding you three to it.

Thank you, m'lord o' the Game. Take a look at your revised character sheet, everyone-

MGB: Amulf, Human Ranger
Hp 10/10
Abilities: Archer [+1 to Ranged]
Inventory: Longbow [unique], Bastard Sword, 15 arrows

Silver: Saucix, Ancient Shaman
Hp 9/9
Abilities: Mage of the Wyrd [Ability to Cast]
Inventory: 20 gold

Ender: Tyrden, Warlock
Hp: 9/9
Abilities: Mage of the Dark [Ability to Cast]
Inventory: 5 gold, Elven Rapier

Alpha: Cerrel, Gnomish Engineer
Hp: 11/11
Abilities: Tinker [Ability to Create]
Inventory: 10 gold, Wrench

Arkbrik: Jezebel, Human Fighter
Hp: 11/11
Attacks: Warrior [+1 to Melee]
Inventory: 5 gold, Longsword

Kormi looks around and snorts. "That's it. I'm out of here." He disappears down a side street around the edge of town.

>begin roll to dodge

Saucix: 1: The Dwarves do not look amused at this tall old fellow interrupting their conversation. Spread out on the table is a strange assortment of cards and tokens, on a grid. The one with the longest beard glares at Saucix. "Ancients? What, is a that kind of fire imp? Never heard of them." He hocks up a wad of phlegm and spits it at the Ancient's feet.

Amulf: 5: The chest opens silently, to reveal a glow at the bottom. Looking in, Amulf sees a pale necklace set into the base of the chest, glimmering faintly. A sigil of a triangle is emblazoned into it's amulet. Amulf reaches in, but the air around it resists against his grasp.

"Fascinating, isn't it."

Amulf spins around to see the old man in the hall, drawn up to his full height, wearing blue-green robes. He begins to sputter an excuse, but the man raises his hand to stop him. "Nay, I know your kind. You glow with the pursuit of honor and the thirst for glory, Hero. I was once your kind." He moves alongside Amulf, looking down into the chest. "That necklace is one of great power as well. I cannot touch it, for fear that it would consume me. As such, I have cast wards upon it and kept others from ever knowing it's existence." He looks Amulf in the eyes. "It has rested here for far too long. I could bequeath it to you, if you would- it must be taken to it's home, a ways away, where it can rest in peace. Even now, it... suffers. This town does not do well with it's presence among it."

Those of the magically inclined among you may have noticed a very faint buzzing in your ears, distracting your connection with your magic.

Amulf found a Quest!

"Find a party of others, and I shall send you on your way." He hesitates, then looks out towards the door. "And hurry. I sense that some of you may not be welcome here much longer." The door swings open, startling Jezebel.

Town Square: Tyrden, Cerrel, Jezebel
Present: Townsfolk
Exits: Town Gate, Tavern, Streets, Arena

Tavern: Saucix
Present: Dwarves, Bartender
Exits: Town Square

House: Amulf
Present: The Old Man, Furniture, Chest
Exits: Town Square
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby knolli » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 am

Wow, you really have some remarkable ability to turn a good for nothing excuse of an RPG into an epic story. That's a rare skill. I will follow this story.
Last edited by knolli on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
User avatar
knolli
Dimmy
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am
Location: the world that never existed - home

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am

Aren't we going with the story Alpha pm'd me?

Fireball, Fireball, Fireball those dwarves.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Postby AlphaLurker » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:47 am

<Cerrel>

"Well, my new acquaintances, it appears that our thief has made it out alive, with a pendant to boot. I think he will be an adequate thief for our party."
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591
User avatar
AlphaLurker
Officer
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Behind you.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:03 pm

*bow* I am honored. Redshirt, if you want that spot...

Ohohoho, this will end well. Silverdream, there are four dwarves. Brawny dwarves. Who are armed. And your magic feels slightly off. Essentially-

[1 attack at -1]
[4 counterattacks]
[dead, quite likely]

And nope, we sure aren't! I didn't get a PM.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby AlphaLurker » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:23 pm

What about splash damage? It could set 1-3 dwarves on fire, and then only one to three dwarves counter-attacking. This IS a fireball, Y'know, not a directed attack.
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591
User avatar
AlphaLurker
Officer
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Behind you.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:37 pm

How about no? If Dark Wizard here decides to go around setting the townsfolk on fire as a level one, he's going to get his puny ass kicked. Besides, attacking is going to be how you word it, and it's effects will depend on the outcome of your roll- it's not, "Ok, I use Slash." "It deals three damage." "Ok, I use Slash again."
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:54 pm

'Well. It appears he knows his craft. I think we should go talk to him. And let's get moving as soon as possible, this town seems...off.'

Move over to the house and introduce ourselves to Amulf, and ask him if he wants to join our party. Keep alert, and loosen my rapier...my magic doesn't feel reliable right now.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:49 pm

What do you mean my magic feels "off"? That's all I've been able to cast for the earlier parts of the game.

I guess I'll go on a quest, level up my magic and then kill the dwarves.

Or someone could help me.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Your innate connection to the ethereal plane of energy through which you harness the power of the Spoken Wyrd feels as if there is an encompassing force throttling your ability to harness your Magick as you are able to usually. You suspect that it is central to this town, as you only detected it when you came into sight of it's walls from afar.

On the Meta side, you are no longer limited to Fireball as your only spell. You can cast whatever you wish- just be aware of repercussions.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Okay. Ask to buy the dwarves' cheapest dagger. Go outside of the city and enchant it. This will be my weapon any time the Wyrd(Norse? word for fate) magik fails me.

Then join the others in the quest.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 am

Saucix: 5: The lead dwarf sneers, leaning back in his chair. "Ohoh, so it's gold, is it? Well in that case, I can certainly help you part with some." He pulls a rusty folding knife out from his belt. Another one of the dwarfs gives him a look, and then places a short machete-style blade on the table, passing it to Saucix. "10 gold coins, Ancient." He watches your eyes. Saucix sighs. "How about 7?" "Agreed." You pass the gold down and the dwarfs turn back to their game.

The Ancient strides out of the gates past the rest of the party, under the shadow of the walls. He flips a sleeve back and sets the blade on the earth. 6: "Sharion." The edge pulses blue. Picking it up, he feels the hum of magic imbued within.

Silver: Saucix, Ancient Shaman
Hp 9/9
Abilities: Mage of the Wyrd [Ability to Cast]
Infused Blade [+1 to Melee, Mage only]
Inventory: 13 gold, Dagger [enchanted]

Tyrden is Forming a Party.

The Old Man waves a hand, and Amulf is suddenly holding the Necklace. "The road to the North leads to the Long Forest and the Spire within. Travel light, and carefully." Amulf exits the house, looking around at the others.

Town Square: Tyrden, Cerrel, Jezebel, Amulf
Present: Townsfolk
Exits: Town Gate, Tavern, Streets, Arena

Ouside the Gates: Saucix
Exits: Town Gate, Road North
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Silverdream » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:08 am

I guess I'll join you guys.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 am

You could solo if you want. There's stuff in the mountains an Ancient could stick his nose into, and more things in town that you could investigate.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Silverdream » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:53 am

I think I will go into the mountains.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
kaka pants
 
Posts: 7987
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Feeding my fuckin' habit.

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest