Page 7 of 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:03 pm
by Ross_Varn
Do I have to make a roll for this? You guys.  :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm
by AlphaLurker
(Just roll for a random encounter during second watch.  :P )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:13 pm
by Ross_Varn
*raises eyebrow* If something didn't jump out of the shadows, I wouldn't have had you guys camp here, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:22 pm
by enders_shadow
>wait for something to jump out of the shadows.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:50 pm
by Ross_Varn
Oh shush you.
+++++
The party sets up camp, Saucix only speaking to volunteer for watch. The night settles in, a small meal of hardtack consumed. A small fire, burning down, emits a few strands of smoke. Cerrel and Tyrden eventually retire to their bedroll, waking Saucix, who meditates for the duration. As the faint shadow of the moon rises to it's peak, he goes to wake Jezebel.

Jezebel: 6

A string of curses echo through the night. Looking up, a shape appears in the darkness, his hastened footfall sounding out. You can hear heavy panting as the shape lumbers towards you, coming into the light and spinning around, wielding a large axe. It's a dwarf, his eyes wide and bruises all over the body. "Wake! Wake! They come! Wake!"

RedShirt: Grimh, Dwarven Warrior
HP: 9/11
Abilities: Beserker [Double damage on a 6]
Gear: Battleaxe, 15 gold, Health Potion

Several shapes hove into view, and the faint echo of unholy snarling echos in your ears. Which makes the mages of the party notice that the buzzing is gone.

Enemies Present!
Shade 10/10
Shade 10/10
Shade 10/10

Crossroads: Tyrden, Cerrel, Jezebel, Amulf, Saucix, Grimh
Present: Copse of Trees
Paths: North, Northeast, South, West

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:22 pm
by AlphaLurker
<Cerrel>
A muffled mutter could be heard from within my tent. "Mmph? Wha' is it? It can't be morning yet, It's still dark!" I come out of my tent only to see the dwarf tearing into camp like a bat out of heck, with the shades close behind. "Good heavens!" I ducked back into my tent, emerging a split seind later with my wrench and a small, catapult-like contraption. I placed upon it a lead ball, aimed at the nearest shade, and fired.

(projectile-gadget 1. Good thing I had it in my pack.... )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:41 pm
by enders_shadow
Darting out of my tent (I'm a light sleeper, what can I say) I draw my sword and rush a shade.

Using the familiar powers of the dark, I channel energy through my blade, dealing damage with both magic and melee alike.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:29 pm
by Silverdream
Illumination
Shoot a pillar of wyrd light out of my hands.

After, draw dagger.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 pm
by Arkbrik
"You're late, damned creatures of the night! It's my watch now!"

I draw my sword and charge the nearest shade.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 pm
by RedShirt
Attack the shades with battleaxe!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm
by enders_shadow
"glad to make your acquaintance, dwarf! May I ask you what you're doing out here all alone? And the obvious question: what are these things?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 am
by Ross_Varn
Cerrel: 5: Bang on. The lead ball smashes one of the Shades in the face, it's cloak slowly rippling with the impact. [5 Damage]

Tyrden: 3: You swing at the lead draping creature, edge of your sword seemingly sucking in light, as it glides into the fire's glare. It only catches through the spirit's material form for an instant. [2 damage] Hissing in a shuddering breath, it thrusts a pale bony arm towards you.

Roll to Dodge!
Tyrden: 2
: Tyrden gasps in sudden shock as the ice-cold pain pierces his chest. He collapses to his knees, severely wounded. [-6 HP]

Saucix: 1: "LJOS!" Saucix shouts. The spell flickers feebly in his palm. He slowly draws his dagger.

Jezebel: 6: Jez stands over Tyrden, blade flickering back and forth, as you counter multiple attacks from the three Shades attempting to get at Tyrden. You cleave the lead one in twain, spinning and blocking another shot. A howl of pain and loathing shoots through your eardrums as the spirit is released, and you wince.

Grimh: 6: A shade is blindsided by the Dwarf warrior as it focuses on Tyrden and Jezebel. Grimh strikes it, cleaving mightily. It hisses, turning about, as it ripples back into place. [4 Damage]

Ender: Tyrden, Warlock
Hp: 3/9

Enemies Present!
Shade 6/10
Shade 10/10

Crossroads: Tyrden, Cerrel, Jezebel, Amulf, Saucix, Grimh
Present: Copse of Trees, Shades
Paths: North, Northeast, South, West

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:30 am
by Silverdream
Strike the shade with the dagger.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am
by Arkbrik
I move on to the damaged shade and swing my sword at it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 pm
by AlphaLurker
<Cerrel>
I reload and fire again at the shades.