Nostalgia lane: My quest for that feeling we all love.

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Nostalgia lane: My quest for that feeling we all love.

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm back from a long, long journey in nostalgia. I recently discovered a cache of old video games, all of which i loved. First i played Bully, and god DAMN does it have a fantastic soundtrack. Gameplay is just as good as i remember too. Next in my quest i play Ace Combat 5, well, part of it. My damn console refused to load past mission 13, so i never finished that. Moving on, i played Ace Combat 4, which actually worked and i marveled at a game primarily composed of pre-recorded enemy/friendly radio logs, which are mostly "Blue 6, get out of there!" or, "I'm hit! Eject!*static*" And it just doesn't hold the same torch that it used to. Next i play Star Wars Battlefront 2, and it seemed for too cheesy to keep playing past two games. Next i played a game that reaches up to me from back in first grade; Sled Storm. Holy SHIT is that game raunchy. I can't believe i played that, and understood HALF of what they were saying. Funny thing is, well, more like hilarious, is that Tracy whatshername is just as hot to me as she was in FIRST GRADE. hehehe. Then i moved further back in the time line to Gran Turismo 2, which to me this equation explains: GT2= preschool. The graphics are obv. shit but i LOVE that game still. I would have played Return to Castle Wolfenstein had it worked on Win7. What are some nostalgiac games you have played recently? What games did you grow up on? Answer promptly, Facepunch is being slow and nobody is posting on there, i suspect the're all busy playing BF3 or ArmA 2.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Timesplitters 2, Perfect Dark 64, Final fantasy 6
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:55 pm

I see you didn't find all your old grammar games.

I grew up on Atari 2600 games. River Raid, Pacman, Breakout, etc.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Oh god, the grammar games. I'm still looking for my first memory of a video game- it was some sort of Bullet Hell style Astroids game, and I couldn't get enough of it.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 pm

OneEye589 wrote:I see you didn't find all your old grammar games.

I grew up on Atari 2600 games. River Raid, Pacman, Breakout, etc.
I see you're still an asshole.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Actually, now that you mention it, I still have "Yabba's Spelling Tricks." Happy?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:57 pm

And I thought I was the half blind one.

And they're called jokes. You should try them some time.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 am

The first games I had were on the SNES. A few years later I would get a modded Xbox with a game I'm dying to play again(Psychonauts).
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:19 am

My first video game experience was on the Intellivision at my cottage. Not sure what game, but it was probably Burgertime.

That is still one of my favourite games in the world.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:27 am

I remember being scared of the first Warcraft game on PC.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:08 am

Pokemon Emerald, my first game that I owned and played for a substantial amount of time. I really wish I could recapture the feeling of not know what pokemon games were like as I played it.

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Re: Nostalgia lane: My quest for that feeling we all love.

Post by Timedude » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:57 am

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:I'm back from a long, long journey in nostalgia. I recently discovered a cache of old video games, all of which I loved. First I played Bully, and god DAMN does it have a fantastic soundtrack. Gameplay is just as good as I remember too. Next in my quest I play Ace Combat 5, well, part of it. My damn console refused to load past mission 13, so I never finished that. Moving on, I played Ace Combat 4, which actually worked and I marveled at a game primarily composed of pre-recorded enemy/friendly radio logs, which are mostly "Blue 6, get out of there!" or, "I'm hit! Eject!*static*" And it just doesn't hold the same torch that it used to. Next I play Star Wars Battlefront 2, and it seemed for too cheesy to keep playing past two games. Next I played a game that reaches up to me from back in first grade; Sled Storm. Holy SHIT is that game raunchy. I can't believe I played that, and understood HALF of what they were saying. Funny thing is, well, more like hilarious, is that Tracy whatshername is just as hot to me as she was in FIRST GRADE. hehehe. Then I moved further back in the time line to Gran Turismo 2, which to me this equation explains: GT2= preschool. The graphics are obv. shit but I LOVE that game still. I would have played Return to Castle Wolfenstein had it worked on Win7. What are some nostalgiac games you have played recently? What games did you grow up on? Answer promptly, Facepunch is being slow and nobody is posting on there, I suspect the're all busy playing BF3 or ArmA 2.
MOD SAYS: Write like you're over the age of 11, please, you dumbass. At least write using paragraphs if you want to neglect spellcheck. Shit. -Timedude
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 am

Dark Forces II, Rogue Spear games, and the original Ghost Recon games. The graphics are horrible on the last ones but man do they have great gameplay...

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 am

Boom. And marathon (I and II)

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:31 am

Ace Combat 4 was the best of the PS2 portion of the series, no question. I also like Star Wars Battlefront I, it has better maps than II.