Well, I'm gonna go LARP this weekend.

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

User avatar
Nitewatchman
Dimmy
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.
Contact:

Well, I'm gonna go LARP this weekend.

Post by Nitewatchman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Yep. Got talked into it by a friend, and now I'm actually looking forward to it. I've already made my weapon, too...

Image

Image

Image

Yep. It's a war hammer and it's about the size of a mailbox.

I was warned that I should start with a sword or something simple, but I responded pretty negatively to that and, as you can tell, just went ahead with the hammer. I'll probably have garb by next weekend, but I don't need proper attire until like, the twelfth week.

So, questions:

I know some of you LARP, but which of you did again?

Also, what do you think of my war hammer? The head is very well padded; doesn't hurt at all, pretty much impossible to injure someone with.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

User avatar
knolli
Dimmy
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am
Location: the world that never existed - home

Post by knolli » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:55 pm

I was on my first LARP some weeks ago. I had a lot of fun.

The hammer doesn't look too bad. I never crafted any weapons myself, so I might not be a good judge. SOme people consider it a form of art and do some astonishing things with the latex.

Have fun!
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

User avatar
501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:52 pm

knolli wrote: do some astonishing things with the latex.
:twss:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
Posts: 5123
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Post by stubby » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 am

The head may be padded enough, how's the handle? All the larpers I knew were very serious about handle-related injuries.

User avatar
501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:24 am

stubby wrote:The head may be padded enough, how's the handle? All the larpers I knew were very serious about handle-related injuries.
:twss:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

User avatar
Nitewatchman
Dimmy
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.
Contact:

Post by Nitewatchman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 pm

stubby wrote:The head may be padded enough, how's the handle? All the larpers I knew were very serious about handle-related injuries.
From what I understand, the only things that need the full handles padded are javelins, which I intend to make whenever I can use them. From what I've read/been told, it should be fine. I added that extra bit of padding behind the head in case of overshots, so someone doesn't end up getting whacked.

Also, I intend to brutalize people with this thing, so a few real injuries can only add to my glee.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

User avatar
Nitewatchman
Dimmy
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.
Contact:

Post by Nitewatchman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Nitewatchman wrote: I added that extra bit of padding behind the head in case of overshots, so someone doesn't end up getting whacked.
:twss:

Lolz I win.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

User avatar
Keldoclock
My Little Pony
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:29 pm

You guys should see Russian LARP. It's so crazy awesome, it's like... half combat sport, half medieval simulation, half roleplay.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

User avatar
mgb519
My Little Pony
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Post by mgb519 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Too awesome for math!
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

User avatar
Keldoclock
My Little Pony
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Its 150% awesome.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

User avatar
ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 am
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:34 am

Is russian style
Image

User avatar
Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Number one in USA

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 am

gaaaaayyyyyyy
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

User avatar
Ross_Varn
draw a MILLION socks and only then shall you become the MASTER
draw a MILLION socks and only then shall you become the MASTER
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Post by Ross_Varn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Bring back pictures. I'm really interested in LARP myself, and if I get this nerf game off the ground, I'll probably end up organizing something I'll call Gamesim. LARP itself is connected irrevocably to stupid stuff like...this... while the actual concept has massive potential. Heck, it attracts the wrong crowd because popular media thought thinks it's for the wrong crowd.

Also related for your viewing pleasure, 4chan /TG/'s rendition of a tale for the ages, and the story of a single man versus the world- or at least the idiotic gamemaster of his LARP. It may or may not be true, but it's bloody good in any case.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII


The Sequel

User avatar
mgb519
My Little Pony
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Post by mgb519 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:LARP itself is connected irrevocably to stupid stuff like...this... while the actual concept has massive potential.
Fix'd
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

User avatar
Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2003
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:34 am

Ross_Varn wrote:Also related for your viewing pleasure, 4chan /TG/'s rendition of a tale for the ages, and the story of a single man versus the world- or at least the idiotic gamemaster of his LARP. It may or may not be true, but it's bloody good in any case.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII


The Sequel
HPs... area effect... levels... what the fuck? Why aren't these people playing DnD or something?

Post Reply