Page 1 of 3

Well, I'm gonna go LARP this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 pm
by Nitewatchman
Yep. Got talked into it by a friend, and now I'm actually looking forward to it. I've already made my weapon, too...

Image

Image

Image

Yep. It's a war hammer and it's about the size of a mailbox.

I was warned that I should start with a sword or something simple, but I responded pretty negatively to that and, as you can tell, just went ahead with the hammer. I'll probably have garb by next weekend, but I don't need proper attire until like, the twelfth week.

So, questions:

I know some of you LARP, but which of you did again?

Also, what do you think of my war hammer? The head is very well padded; doesn't hurt at all, pretty much impossible to injure someone with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:55 pm
by knolli
I was on my first LARP some weeks ago. I had a lot of fun.

The hammer doesn't look too bad. I never crafted any weapons myself, so I might not be a good judge. SOme people consider it a form of art and do some astonishing things with the latex.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:52 pm
by 501stCadians
knolli wrote: do some astonishing things with the latex.


:twss:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 am
by stubby
The head may be padded enough, how's the handle?  All the larpers I knew were very serious about handle-related injuries.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:24 am
by 501stCadians
stubby wrote:The head may be padded enough, how's the handle?  All the larpers I knew were very serious about handle-related injuries.


:twss:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 pm
by Nitewatchman
stubby wrote:The head may be padded enough, how's the handle?  All the larpers I knew were very serious about handle-related injuries.


From what I understand, the only things that need the full handles padded are javelins, which I intend to make whenever I can use them. From what I've read/been told, it should be fine. I added that extra bit of padding behind the head in case of overshots, so someone doesn't end up getting whacked.

Also, I intend to brutalize people with this thing, so a few real injuries can only add to my glee.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 pm
by Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman wrote: I added that extra bit of padding behind the head in case of overshots, so someone doesn't end up getting whacked.


:twss:

Lolz I win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:29 pm
by Keldoclock
You guys should see Russian LARP. It's so crazy awesome, it's like... half combat sport, half medieval simulation, half roleplay.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:46 pm
by mgb519
Too awesome for math!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 pm
by Keldoclock
Its 150% awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:34 am
by ForlornCreature
Is russian style

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 am
by Silent-sigfig
gaaaaayyyyyyy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:02 pm
by Ross_Varn
Bring back pictures. I'm really interested in LARP myself, and if I get this nerf game off the ground, I'll probably end up organizing something I'll call Gamesim. LARP itself is connected irrevocably to stupid stuff like...this... while the actual concept has massive potential. Heck, it attracts the wrong crowd because popular media thought thinks it's for the wrong crowd.

Also related for your viewing pleasure, 4chan /TG/'s rendition of a tale for the ages, and the story of a single man versus the world- or at least the idiotic gamemaster of his LARP. It may or may not be true, but it's bloody good in any case.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII


The Sequel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 pm
by mgb519
Ross_Varn wrote:LARP itself is connected irrevocably to stupid stuff like...this... while the actual concept has massive potential.

Fix'd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:34 am
by Arkbrik
Ross_Varn wrote:Also related for your viewing pleasure, 4chan /TG/'s rendition of a tale for the ages, and the story of a single man versus the world- or at least the idiotic gamemaster of his LARP. It may or may not be true, but it's bloody good in any case.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII


The Sequel

HPs... area effect... levels... what the fuck? Why aren't these people playing DnD or something?