Skyrim

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Skyrim

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:01 pm

pesgores wrote:No, doesn't make sense, because you've already fired when you get the kill cam without VATS, kind of hard that it shows you shooting when you've already done it.
Weird that it totally does then.

:protip: if the guy swings the sword too late, try pushing the buttons at the right time.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah, the system determines the damage and crit chance as you fire, right? I dunno, I just know that sniping occasionally pulls that trick.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Daggerfall is better
Also: Khajiits are fucking badass looking.
EDIT: And btw guys on what difficulty do you play? I found adept too easy so I switched to expert. Much better now. Gives some excitement.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm

I play on the default difficulty. Am working on an all magic character right now. Not adding much to the health stat increases the difficulty somewhat.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm

First few days in Skyrim- Hell. Yes. This game is so much win. I always have difficulty settling down in this type of game though- I suppose I'll become this sort of wandering adventurer, there's too much stuff to find with any other approach. And yes, I'm going to end up spending the entire game without using Fast Travel again.

On a side note, this map came with the disk [paper, not burlap, that was the preorder], and I assume those red x's are locations of the Stones? I'll find out on my own, I'm sure, but I found that particular detail to be quite cool.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:28 pm

I focus on stamina, personally. Stuff weighs too much.
Also, I use second hardest difficulty, whatever that is.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:14 pm

It's an amazing game but every time I play I loose.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:45 pm

...you absolute bastard.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 am

I intentionally made sure I knew nothing about the game when I started playing it.

I really have to stop pick-pocketing people and stealing, I'm gonna go broke if I keep getting caught.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:34 am

I have just realized how useful archery can be, and have started training in it. The genesis of my combat styles is amusing, I started with all two-handed, but then I took an ice troll to the logic and started using destruction and one handed(orcish mace FTW. I don't care what the companions think). Then I contracted rock joint right before I was going to fight hella black people, used dual wield magic more often, and today I attempted an invasion on the bee island in The Rift, had my first snipe out. GOT SO DAMN CLOSE, BUT I HAD TO ACCIDENTALLY LIGHT THE FOURTH HIVE WHILE FIGHTING MERCS.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:44 am

Yeah, archery and two handed do about the same damage to my experience, barring power attacks. there's a slight difference, of course, but not by TOO much.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:29 am

This game has been the topic of discussion at my school for a while now (at least its not MW3). So apparently one of my friends made a Daedric bow that does 796 points of damage per shot. Double that for a sneak attack bonus and its supposedly supposed to be able to one-hit kill an ancient dragon. I for one don't see how that's possible (since they have over 3000 HP and I've never heard of anyone successfully sneaking on a dragon), but it would still be cool nonetheless, no?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 am

If you max out smithing and enchanting you can make crazy damage weapons.
On the official forums people have mentioned that doing that may sound cool, but makes the game too easy.

I don't have any skill in those, I just buy at the store or find good stuff and do quite well.
I'm level 29 and stopped using my follower, destruction/conjure.
I can summon a demon to tank for me.

I do carry a nice fire bow and sword/shield

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:
On a side note, this map came with the disk [paper, not burlap, that was the preorder], and I assume those red x's are locations of the Stones? I'll find out on my own, I'm sure, but I found that particular detail to be quite cool.
Yes.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Mucking around the woods by the river east of Helgen. This old shack out in the middle of it. I cautiously walk up to it and this old woman walks out. "Go away, I'm just an old woman." I wait for her to disappear around the back and quietly slip inside. Why am I getting this vibe that she's an- oh, what's this? Locked cellar door? I think I will.

*click*

Woah. Underground vault of alchemist and enchantment gear. There's this letter on the table from the old woman to another lady attempting to convince her to join her in the woods and start a coven. Of course she's a witch.

I come back up with a blessed ancient nordic greatsword, the result of a few items from Bleak Falls Barrow. Renamed it to Blade of the Barrows. As I step out of the door, she's standing thirty feet away, powering up a cast. I dodge back around the doorway as she yells, "No one must know my secret!" The bolt hits the wall behind me, I hear her start forward- then I pull my blade and dash out of the door, closing the distance before she even has a chance to draw her dagger.

She almost falls upon my blade.

This game is so much win.