Zee DnD Game Thread

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Erasmas
Hero

Post by Erasmas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:14 am

*Dagen kicks his leg up, intending on landing his foot on the underside of the man's scruffy chin with as much force as possible.*

{OOC: Not sure what all is different, once again. Sorry for the lack of understanding on my part everyone. If someone has the time/wants to send me a low-down on the differences between 3rd and 4th... it would be mucho appreciado!

Base attack roll: 7 (STR=16, Half level=2
So, from my best guess... it would be a 12 plus my proficiency, which should just barely hit?
If I did it correctly, then I rolled a 5 total on damage (d3=2, STR=16)... LOL, so I just rerolled for damage on a d4 instead of a d3... and got another 2, so the amount of damage stays the same.
}
Last edited by Erasmas on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:47 pm

mostly correct. remember that you don't have proficiency with "feet" as a weapon. regardless, it still hits. you do 1d4+strength damage, not 1d3.

Erasmas
Hero

Post by Erasmas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:01 pm

{{OOC: Huh, okay... two questions though. A fighter type wouldn't be proficient with unarmed combat? And, a small-sized creature doesn't do a die type less damage?}}

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm

unarmed combat is treated as an improvised weapon. you cannot have proficiency in it (yet, my guess is that they'll make a class or feat or something which uses it), and it always deals 1d4 damage + strength.

to quote the PHB, "Small characters use the same weapons that Medium creatures do. However, a Small character can't use a two handed weapon". it then goes on to talk about how to treat versatile weapons, and that Small two handed weapons can be wielded by small creatures.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:13 am

OK, two players (Adean/Erasmas) don't have the rules yet. I was under the impression that people did (or would have them shortly). I was willing to guide one person on the rules, but frankly 4E is different enough from 3E/3.5 that it's going to be a pain for one person, much less half the party.

Consider this game suspended for now, I'll check back later to see if people have the rules and read them. Sorry, but bleh.
It's a secret to everybody.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:10 am

I do want to apologize for the above post: I've been a crotchety jackass this last week, and there's little sign of improvement for now. Once fairer weather returns, we'll see what happens. It's nothing personal on any of the forum members here.
It's a secret to everybody.

Gorchek
Officer

Post by Gorchek » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:10 am

No problem, I hope things get better for you.