Page 6 of 21

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:37 pm
by Whiteagle
samuelzz10 wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Nah, I have about 4 people on board already. small now, but they also have fellow pc gamer friends. a battle after release is in order.

Yeah Sam, I've seen this shit a thousand times in Second Life, you probably aren't going to break twenty and you are going to have piss poor leadership anyways...
what a cod dick you are. you haven't even seen me play!

I don't need to see you play to know how badly you'll suck at large scale leadership...

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 pm
by Silverdream
As for leadership, I think we should allow whoever is best leader to lead us. We will select the general by voting, and he/she will appoint officers under him/her who can think independently and reliably follow orders. Officers will have squads under them, and each squad member should be able to fulfill specific duties.

In any case, I vote Matt or Tzan.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 am
by Gh0st
So is the Vultures a subdivision of Mobile Infantry, or no?
Also, is the Mobile Infantry TR only? LOYALIST SCUM. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:16 am
by 501stCadians
Hard fighting with MGB and two press guys we recruited yesterday. After around 2 and a half hours of fighting, we took the Biolabs we were fighting for. It was incredibly epic.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:23 am
by Ham
I was playing with TR for a couple hours, stop playing, and then went Vanu on a different server just to try it out. Held the Biolab from NC scum, then we launched a massive assault on the Stronghold from the cliffside(we had a galaxy there). But the TR was there in full force, so we were repelled twice. I got a bunch of kills though  :) The TR then slowly advanced towards the Feldspar Base, and we duked it out in the most massive open battle I've seen yet. Tanks, explosions, infantry swarming, it was epic. I placed down a turret and started mowing down TR, but it was not enough. They had 45% of the population, we had 23%, so we would have probably lost Feldspar if the Beta wasn't closed.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 pm
by samuelzz10
Whiteagle wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Nah, I have about 4 people on board already. small now, but they also have fellow pc gamer friends. a battle after release is in order.

Yeah Sam, I've seen this shit a thousand times in Second Life, you probably aren't going to break twenty and you are going to have piss poor leadership anyways...
what a cod dick you are. you haven't even seen me play!

I don't need to see you play to know how badly you'll suck at large scale leadership...
Don't worry,  when the time comes we vill kill you. (in the game)

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:59 pm
by Whiteagle
samuelzz10 wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:I don't need to see you play to know how badly you'll suck at large scale leadership...
Don't worry,  when the time comes we vill kill you. (in the game)

I wouldn't doubt it, as my shooter skills are slightly above average as best...

...But just because you can kill :all: all the things, that doesn't qualify you as a leader of actual human beings.
Leadership requires not only the ability to plan tactics, it also needs one to have the people and management skills to convince others to help carry those plans out.

You do realise this is an MMO right?
That the "General" of a fully manned Outfit isn't bossing around three to four guys, but somewhere around a hundred?

Honestly, your Battlefront experience will be more of a detriment then anything, as you'll have little understanding of what lesser skilled troops are capable of accomplishing and your ego will probably end up pissing off anyone put under your command.

Really Sammy-boy, from what you've told us, you are a Grunt.
A damned fine one, but I've seen plenty of Uber-elite players in Second Life get too big for their britches and then try to "start their own"...
Believe me, the result is rarely anything but shit.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:05 pm
by samuelzz10
Whiteagle wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:I don't need to see you play to know how badly you'll suck at large scale leadership...
Don't worry,  when the time comes we vill kill you. (in the game)

I wouldn't doubt it, as my shooter skills are slightly above average as best...

...But just because you can kill :all: all the things, that doesn't qualify you as a leader of actual human beings.
Leadership requires not only the ability to plan tactics, it also needs one to have the people and management skills to convince others to help carry those plans out.

You do realise this is an MMO right?
That the "General" of a fully manned Outfit isn't bossing around three to four guys, but somewhere around a hundred?

Honestly, your Battlefront experience will be more of a detriment then anything, as you'll have little understanding of what lesser skilled troops are capable of accomplishing and your ego will probably end up pissing off anyone put under your command.

Really Sammy-boy, from what you've told us, you are a Grunt.
A damned fine one, but I've seen plenty of Uber-elite players in Second Life get too big for their britches and then try to "start their own"...
Believe me, the result is rarely anything but shit.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm
by Gh0st
Whiteagle wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:bikering
bikering (in the game)
bikering

Good lord the bickering! THE BICKERIIIIING! STOP BITCHING ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER TO YOU.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:18 pm
by samuelzz10
Gh0st wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:bikering
bikering (in the game)
bikering

Good lord the bickering! THE BICKERIIIIING! STOP BITCHING ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER TO YOU.
fair enough.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:20 pm
by 501stCadians
Current Roster:

Unit CO: Maj. Matthewbri

Fleet CO: Cpt.TheDoubleGhost Fleet Members badly wanted!(Flying and such!)

Fleet One "Old Irascibles", Task Group 1 CO: Cpt. TheDoubleGhost
1st Picket:
1st Squadron:
Cpt. TheDoubleGhost
Lt.SDSLoudhawk
Airman MarineReich
Airman Ross_Varn
Airman Nistarx

1st Division, 1st Company CO: Cpt. MGB519

1D./1C./1st Platoon CO: Cpt. MGB519
1st Platoon "The Vultures":
1st Squad:
Cpt. MGB519(CO)
Pvt. Vokul
Pvt. Lolipop
Pvt. Stewartale
Pvt. Queen
Pvt. Eagle

2nd Squad:
Sgt. Silverdream



2nd Platoon CO: Lt. Hlbeta
2nd Platoon "Iron Sides"(Mechanized):
1st Lance:
Lt. Hlbeta
Sgt. Das Pirate
Pvt. Ham


Updated.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:37 pm
by Whiteagle
501stCadians wrote:Current Roster:

1st Division, 1st Company CO: Cpt. MGB519

1D./1C./1st Platoon CO: Cpt. MGB519
1st Platoon "The Vultures":
1st Squad:
...
Pvt. Eagle

Wait... is that me... or did you get another Eagle?

Gh0st wrote:Good lord the bickering! THE BICKERIIIIING! STOP BITCHING ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER TO YOU.

I'm not bickering, I am explaining why he is going to fail...

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:02 am
by 501stCadians
Welcome to the Vultures, motherfucker.

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 am
by Whiteagle
501stCadians wrote:Welcome to the Vultures, motherfucker.

YAY!!!

...Wait, I don't have a Beta Key...

Re: Planetside 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 pm
by Nitewatchman
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed that I didn't get a beta key. Ran all over town looking for the issue of PC gamer with the keys in them.

I found out monthly issues come out a month in advance, and that there was no way I'd be getting that beta key.

I don't know shit about magazines.