Confrontation

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Confrontation

Post by Apollyon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:13 am

"Confrontation is a tactical fantasy miniature wargaming in which the combatants are represented by metal figures in 28 mm scale...The game is set in Aarklash, a world of medieval fantasy where knights, wizards, priests and barbarians fight each other as well as fantastic creatures such as wolfen, elves, orcs, goblins and the undead...The rules are intended to be versatile, and are able to represent a small fight between a handful of warriors just as well as a large skirmish between several dozen soldiers and their leaders."

I played some Confrontation last night. Lost the fight by objectives but in true brikwarrior style i went for all out attack and maximum carnage and was well on the way to annihilating my opponents forces if we had played further.
It's a neat game with the right spirit, e.g. quotes like "i fear no pain nor death" on deck cards or a hero whose name sounds like "AK-47" in french (it's a french game originally).
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Predator
Dimmy

Re: Confrontation

Post by Predator » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 am

Apollyon wrote:"Confrontation is a tactical fantasy miniature wargaming in which the combatants are represented by metal figures in 28 mm scale...The game is set in Aarklash, a world of medieval fantasy where knights, wizards, priests and barbarians fight each other as well as fantastic creatures such as wolfen, elves, orcs, goblins and the undead...The rules are intended to be versatile, and are able to represent a small fight between a handful of warriors just as well as a large skirmish between several dozen soldiers and their leaders."

I played some Confrontation last night. Lost the fight by objectives but in true brikwarrior style i went for all out attack and maximum carnage and was well on the way to annihilating my opponents forces if we had played further.
It's a neat game with the right spirit, e.g. quotes like "i fear no pain nor death" on deck cards or a hero whose name sounds like "AK-47" in french (it's a french game originally).
I used to play this sometimes when I went to the wargaming club. Have 1 box of lions, the classics, and The Heresiarchs Spawn. It was a great game until it died out. Is it restarting or have you played with some stuff that your friends had?
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:56 am

Predator wrote: I used to play this sometimes when I went to the wargaming club. Have 1 box of lions, the classics, and The Heresiarchs Spawn. It was a great game until it died out. Is it restarting or have you played with some stuff that your friends had?
My friends have a rather large collection of figs. One of them planned to field an undead army worth 800 points (but cut it down to 400) and they showed me some notes on a game they played which involved armies worth 2000 points. The regular tournament size is 300 points...
From what i gathered last night there is a company who re-released some or most of the miniatures.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Predator wrote: I used to play this sometimes when I went to the wargaming club. Have 1 box of lions, the classics, and The Heresiarchs Spawn. It was a great game until it died out. Is it restarting or have you played with some stuff that your friends had?
My friends have a rather large collection of figs. One of them planned to field an undead army worth 800 points (but cut it down to 400) and they showed me some notes on a game they played which involved armies worth 2000 points. The regular tournament size is 300 points...
From what i gathered last night there is a company who re-released some or most of the miniatures.
It was called Rackham, and was a french company, but it died.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.