Charge Attack streamlining and other updates

This is the forum for people who prefer a Dimmy-free conversation. Whether or not you're considered a Dimmy on any given day is entirely up to Blitzen. No whining!

Moderator: Blitzen

Charge Attack streamlining and other updates

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:32 am

Wow! I came in today and there are more than 200 updated threads since the last time I logged in. Holy crap.

What was I doing all that time? Rulebook updates! All the main chapters except for #2 got updated.

The biggest change: Bracing is out, and Charge attacks are massively streamlined. You might even think about using them now.

Also: Horse stats got some changes, Construction Actions (4.2) got a lot more useful in preparation for the Mechanik rules, and a whole bunch of stuff in chapter 7 got clarified, especially regarding weapons.

Still to go: Mechanix, Medix, a better intro for the full range of dice in ch. 7, a section for the Almighty Bennies, and more examples for Squad Combat.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Re: Charge Attack streamlining and other updates

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 am

Rayhawk wrote:...attacks are massively streamlined. You might even think about using them now.

Hooray! Just took a quick read through them, and I'm really glad to see where they went. Before, the whole section felt like you were only making the section to build up to some cheesy joke about MOM and POP that wasn't even that funny.

EDIT:

The Rules ch. 7.6: Plowing through wrote: GrandMOM

Fuck.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Charge Attack streamlining and other updates

Postby Rayhawk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:56 am

IVhorseman wrote:
The Rules ch. 7.6: Plowing through wrote: GrandMOM

Fuck.

I'll admit it, I lol'ed.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Blitzen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 pm

I can't believe I just saw this. Now I have to read the rules again.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Return to Non-Dimmies