Rule refinement

This is the forum for people who prefer a Dimmy-free conversation. Whether or not you're considered a Dimmy on any given day is entirely up to Blitzen. No whining!

Moderator: Blitzen

Postby Houndis » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:32 am

Rayhawk, I really see why you are the Grand Master of BrikWars. That is just perfect. It beats all things before stated. Now I really have to get that card and use a sniper in the next game.

Really, those are just perfect. Now snipers are really all the cliché they should be. You are my idol.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><
Houndis
Officer

Postby Blitzen » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:19 pm

As it goes.

Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:09 pm

actually, i thought that the use of sniping to manipulate objects was implied.

hahahaha and blitzen you're gonna hate me for this, but i'm gonna suggest changing up the sniper rifle again. i know i've had minifigs use a "high powered carbine" that did 2d6 damage with a UR of 5, and shot once per turn. then i think that for the marksmanship ability, the sniper needs to take a turn to snipe, rather than any minifig forced to take a turn to aim a rifle.

it dosen't affect the sniper for using the rifle, since it's just re-arranging what ability does what. but what this does is lets minifigs with a large rifle pop off shots, and if snipers take that weapon and spend the time to aim, boom! headshot! (actually for stats, i'd say just replicate polearm stats but give it 15" range).
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Blitzen » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:42 pm

I hate you. Now this text will not fit even more. Rayhawk's revision forced me to abbreviate the fluff, and now all the 'Sniper's line up. It's <B>ugly</B>. The Marksmanship ability already fills up half the card, so now it's going to fill up even <I>more</i>. I'm going to make the font size smaller, but then you'll complain that it's too small.

I think I've got it!
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 pm

shortened marksmanship text: If a sniper takes one turn to aim, he may simply flip a coin to determine whether he hits any object in sight, no matter the size or range. He or she may destroy the element, or can use this ability to manipulatee objects (switches, buttons, etc.) A sniper may only use this ability if in full cover (taking stealth into account).
IVhorseman

Postby Blitzen » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 pm

It's not that important, but thanks. I'll change it, but without the parentheses. I hate parentheses.

That helped a lot.
Last edited by Blitzen on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitzen

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:45 pm

really? i find them so... refreshing (and absolutely intoxicating)!
IVhorseman

Postby Blitzen » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:50 pm

I find that they make your text look smaller while giving the same amount of information as, say, a pair of commas. To note, of course, is that this issue is only formed when formulating proper sentences. In presenting the Construction Point value of specialties on BrikWars cards, for example, it is relevant to note that parentheses are acceptable. These exceptions are few and far between, so their application is not to be counted on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Blitzen

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:23 am

Blitzen wrote:I hate you. Now this text will not fit even more. Rayhawk's revision forced me to abbreviate the fluff, and now all the 'Sniper's line up. It's ugly. The Marksmanship ability already fills up half the card, so now it's going to fill up even more. I'm going to make the font size smaller, but then you'll complain that it's too small.

Welcome to my world!

Actually I think the rule we agreed on back on the Frappr forums, is that if there's too much text to fit on a stats card, then the rules are too complicated for a single character. It's actually a pretty handy design constraint, otherwise it's easy to go overboard. But so far I think we're doing fine.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:06 pm

okay, so with all that... i'd say this is more or less done?
IVhorseman

Postby IVhorseman » Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 pm

Medik. Let's freaking do it.

EDIT: let's agree on a set of rules for mediks though, yes?

EDITED EDIT: i totally suck with GIMP. Blitzen, mind scrounging up a card with some test rules?

here's what i'm thinking: a red stat card would look nice for a medik, and i was suprised to see that there's no official red stat card. I also say 6" movement and 1d6 armor, with 1d6 skill. for the actual ability, i'd say 3cp, and make it so that the minifig rolls skill minus # of rounds dead to see if they're revived. if not, dead for EVER. for -1 CP, i'd say toss in the rule where they have to run towards the nearest corpse on the field and attempt to revive it (even enemies). total that comes out to like... 7CP? i don't know, you do the math.

also, brickshelf has a good picture of the Little Armory medic i recommend.
IVhorseman

Postby Blitzen » Sat May 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Yeah, just a sec. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but editing your text makes it hard to tell that there's new information. I guess I would've criticised you if you had made a new post, so I don't really know where I'm getting at.

But yeah, let's totally do it.

EDIT: Can you link to the medic? I can't find it.
Blitzen

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 10, 2008 8:25 pm

I find double posting bad enough for a shameless bump, and triple posting is in EXTREMELY bad taste. you hadn't responded yet, so i was hoping maybe you hadn't looked yet.
IVhorseman

Postby blackwing77 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:33 pm

I'd like to suggest two rules for the Medik.

1. an add-on to reviving, if an enemy unit is revived he is thankful to the Medik and will not shoot him unless there is nothing else to shoot at (or if he's normally aggressive towards everyone).

2. Instinctive aggression (recyclers) +0cp: Mediks are obsessive on reviving other minifigs. So they are completely fine with other Mediks or nekromancers bring minis back from the dead. However, they are in a bitter war with recyclers that are obsessed with turning the dead into new weapons and the like. Thus, they will always go after nearby recyclers, their machines and hippies.
TROLOLO
blackwing77
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 10, 2008 8:41 pm

No.

reason for #1: that's stupid. we don't want minifigs reviving and refusing to shoot other minifigs, and shooting the man who revived you in the face is HILARIOUS.

reason for #2: huh? recyclers? wtf is a recycler? who even uses them? this is the kind of rule where it's common enough to where you'd want to use it in a battle with whatever recyclers are, but so situationally specific that it doesn't make sense to rule it as a permanent part of a stat card.
IVhorseman

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Dimmies