My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by mgb519 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Attack the manbat, guns ablazing. That was a pun.
And stop enchanting my weapons, everyone else. It makes me feel uneasy.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Okay, I think the best course of action is to just hold position and finish off these bats before we move forward (which seems to be what everyone is mostly doing anyway). I just need to see if I can't get Flash out of the position he's in, everyone else is in a really great pincer coming in on the enemy. orders here:

"Ugh, bats, why'd it have to be bats?? Nevermatter! There has never been a better time for a delicious snack!"

Flash (vidya game potion style, where you can just use potions despite the world falling apart around you) quickly takes out an apple from his inventory and eats it to regain 1 hp.

"Ah, much better! Nothing like a helpful healing potion right in the middle of a furious battle to the death to brighten up the odds! Now, time for a little of that Maxwell magic!" Flash picks the briefcase back up.

"Maxwell special Technique #17......" Captain Maxwell prepares himself and strikes a pose "Omega Pirouette!" Flash, with supernatural power boosting skill/success rate vs power performs a perfect pirouette to backflip out of harms way and back towards the rest of the party members (whichever group) while simultaneously perfoming a stylish beamsaber slash in the midst of his backflip directed at whichever of the bats are left that he is flipping over. If the bats have already been vanquished, the slash isn't needed. Also, Flash should be prepared to direct some of his supernatural powers towards defending himself if this doesn't work. In addition, if Garth pushes Flash out of harm's way into the safer part of the cave (preferably after his glorious special move) Flash should be prepared so that he agilely lands on his feet.

"Marvelous job crew! I've really got us all working in perfect synch now! Hm?" At this point, Flash should get a mysterious chill and look back over his shoulder to see... None other than the loyal ghost of Biff! Despite having been driven to commit suicide at the behest of a mad clown, Biff has not forgotten his oath of undying loyalty he signed to his Captain when he joined Spacefleet!

Biff: "Captain Flash! I'm so glad to see you!"

Flash: "Biff? Are you.... A ghost? Were you playing around with the Ghostmogrifier again? What happened?"

Biff: "We accidentally freed Pierro Mimsey in the midst of a battle with Spacebeard and his crew.. It's a long story, but nevertheless Captain I have not forgotten my oath and have returned from purgatory to serve by your side even after my demise!"

Flash: "Haha! Of course you have! No one could ever give up a chance to be in the crew of the most daring Captain of all time, even in death! I appreciate your loyalty Biff! Wait a second- Spacebeard? Pierro Mimsey???? What!?!?!"
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Shoot at Manbat, advance behind Vera and Suitor.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:09 pm

alphafalcon541 wrote:Do I have control of the ESF now or what
The Drop Pods have no controls. They just move in a straight line toward their destination. You will control the soldiers once they are deployed on the planet.

Pierro Mimsey the Sad Clown (???)
Pierro starts babbling to the pirates about how unfair things are but the cold heart of Spacebeard do not feel sorry for him at all!

Spacebeard and his Space Parrot react aggressively and attack the Sad Clown.

Pierro survives but fails to accomplish anything else. He ends up stuck in close combat with the Parrot.

SCS Avoidance (Lord Mercat)
Admiral Faultworthy: "Alright Gimbles, let's take of business here! Consider locating Captain Maxwell to be our top priority! Fire up the thrusters and let's jam!"

Gimbles: "Yes, sir Admiral Faultworthy, sir!"

The Avoidance move forward with all speed toward the edge of the battlefield.
Faultworthy: "Remember Gimbles, we've got to wait for that clearance! The bureaucratic process must always be upheld! It's what separates us galactic hero types from the likes of mad space clowns, and filthy space pirates! As soon as we're cleared, descend to the planet below!"

Gimbles: "Don't worry Admiral, process is everything! We'll be well on our way to the Captain in no time!"

Noxarian Security (Battlegrinder)
McQuain: "Foolish pirates! Do you really think we don't have contingency plans in case our ships are captured? HA!"

The cruiser remotely activates the standard Noxarian Remote Self-destruct Sequence of the interceptor.

The boarding party equips their knifes..

And butcher the ESF soldier.

They get rid of the bodies then get in the Drop Pod only to realize there is no control inside.
No way to alter the preset course of the Drop Pod.

Sentinel-144 opens fire on the Chimera and takes out another hp (now at 2/10)

McQuain moves into the cargo bay to pick up his particle cannon.

He then gets on the roof as the cruiser accelerates..

..and rams the Chimera, taking out its last 2 hit points!
Sentinel-144 also loses 1hp in the process.

McQuain opens fire but Spacebeard survives the damage while the machine guns from the Cruiser take out one hit point from the drop pod heading their way..

Space Pirates (Scribonius)
The Space Pirates board the cruiser!

Their remaining vessels try to catch the Avoidance.

SCS Avoidance (Lord Mercat)
Faultworthy: "Ah, of course we can't forget! We simply cannot allow those ill-mannered pirates to escape, and leave our Noxarian Allies at the critical moment of the battle can we? Well, WE can anyway, but Spacefleet will not ignore the prior documented insult of a a commanding officer's parentage! It will not stand! Gimbles, scan for all nearby Spacefleet ships!"

Gimbles: "Scanning- we are picking up three ships, sir. The SCS Runaway is currently two sectors away on break, The SCS Absconder is making a donut run at Galactic Bagel, and lets see... Ah! The closest ship is the SCS Dodgems! They seem to be fighting some kind of giant space fish or brikthulu abomination!"

Faultworthy: "Hm, well two of those are on missions too important to be bothered with, but 1 ship is good enough! Contact Commodore Winkelthorpe of the SCS Dodgems, he isn't doing anything important, so I'm ordering him to divert here and help the Noxarians fight off these blasted pirates! Also, those pirates seem to be trying to close in on us! Gimbles, play Captain Flash's theme at a high frequency- with our boosted stereo system it should prove more than capable of jamming any torpedoes sent our way!"

Gimbles: "Yes sir, torpedo jamming underway! Sending orders sent to Commodore Winkel-"

Communication system failure!
“Gimbles! Switch to auxiliary!!”
“Sir yes Sir!”

ESF Reinforcements (NPC)
ESF Drop Pods advance..

The first Drop pod crash into the wreckage, inclicting one point of damage to Sentinel-144.
The Drop Pod is completely destroyed and the crew is killed.
(Pierro should still be on the wreckage)

The last Drop Pods continues and reaches the planet with two members of the boarding party onboard.

Two more spacecrafts enter the area and the Avoidance is hailed by Noxarian Control.
“Allright SCS Avoidance this is Noxarian Control. As I was saying, I have just been informed that the Family requested to take care of your clearance request so everything has been handed over to them. Please follow their vessels and their directions into Noxarian space and until further notice.”

The little black spacecrafts move to position themselves on the trajectory of the Avoidance.

Overwatch

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:43 pm

MY DROP PODS!
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Orders sent, sorry for the delay.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:13 am

Garth charge the large bat..
"I will smashed heads of all snacks!"

But he fails his attack
"RAHHHHH!"

He ends up lying on the ground.

Vera kills the bat using the crossbow
+12xp!
Vera level up!!

Then she and her suitor move toward the group.

Jaras uses the Farce to crush one bat.
+2xp!

He then tries to burn another one but it doesn't work..

Its his beamsaber that catch fire!

The light attracts the remaining bats who leave Flash and attack Jaras.
No damage.

The Post-Apoc Survivor catch up with the group.

The Space Detective gets a good movement roll.
He equips his jack knife as he moves to attack the small bats.

With the addition of an angry inch, he is able to reach and kill one.
+2xp!

Carlos advances and kills one too. Only one bat remains
+2xp!

Flash recovers: "Ugh, bats, why'd it have to be bats?? Nevermatter! There has never been a better time for a delicious snack!"

Flash quickly takes an apple from his inventory and tries to eat it vidya game style to regain his missing hp..

But he fails and choke on the apple.
“Cough! Cough!! Gasp! Cough!!”
Flash better find a way to get it out of there and quick!

While rolling on the ground, Flash gets a mysterious chill and look back over his shoulder to see... None other than the loyal ghost of Biff!
“Biff? Hack! A ghost?? Cough cough!!”

Biff: “Might have played with more than just the Ghostmogrifier this time...”
Biff continues:"We accidentally freed Pierro Mimsey in the midst of a battle with Spacebeard and his crew.. It's a long story, but nevertheless Captain I have not forgotten my oath and have returned from purgatory to serve by your side even after my demise!"

Flash: “Gasp! What!?!?!”

Vera and her suitor complete their movement.

Garth recovers..

And looks to his left..

MONOLITH FOUND!!
The group witness the wildlife reaching an evolutionary step! Some beasts are starting to use tools and rudimentary weapons!
There are 8 instant Heroic Feat (1 time use) lying around the monolith.
The white beast is carrying a magikal scepter (1 handed: Grant one SN d6 when equipped).

I felt the last few turns in the cave were too easy now that you're working as a team so I decided to increase the level of difficulty.
Remember the army that was on his way some turns ago?

Well it just arrived!
They are up for grab but Alex have priority since he was in control of their faction earlier.
The unit in front of the group is a Hero and the one carrying golden spears behind him has some sort of officer stats. The two archers at the back are equipped with large bows.

Overwatch

Character sheets
Spoiler
Show

Waiting for orders!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:39 am

Post Apoc Survivor, you want your crossbow back?
Image lol j/k

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:42 am

This might be a good time to call in the reserves

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:44 am

Thank you Vera, yes I do.
Take up a defensive position after being given the crossbow

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:27 pm

How does a beamsaber catch on fire? Anyways, what's the plan?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Will post orders later tonight, including for the space battle, apologize for my tardiness in that regard, I've been really busy with work lately.

Here are my thoughts:
I think we are going to need to try and NOT aggro the wolves in front of the monolith. It will be very difficult to fight a battle on two fronts. I think the best course of action is have everyone with a ranged weapon rip into the ranks of the savages (trying to take down the hero if possible, and also I think that a group supercharge of mgb's last grenade would be the most effective tool here, if he is willing. We could take out a good deal of that incoming army with that. All of the CC guys should travel around the long way through the cave and hit the savages from the side, taking them off guard in a co-ordinated attack, prioritizing taking down the two savage archers, as those will probably end up being quite devastating. Also, if anyone could spare a minute for a heimlick or something for Flash so he can cough up his apple, that would be pretty cool.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

Coriolanus
Hero

Post by Coriolanus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:00 pm

I'll take the beastmen army if Alex doesn't.
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:35-36

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:35 pm

I'll claim the savages.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:16 pm

"Guys, remember what we did last time? Practice makes perfect. "
Have consciousness leave body freely (preferably not dying this time) and possess the leading savage. Immediately start stabbing other savages.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.