My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by BrickSyd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:54 pm

My BrikwaRPG (Intro and sign-up)
You find yourself on a large and empty base plate.

Some time passes...

After some more time, a Deadly Space Man calmly walks in.

“Greetings and welcome!”

“I brought you here because I want to offer you to join a new team.”
“If you want to become a hero, this is where you want to be..”

“You will meet new people. While some will try to kill you, others could become powerful allies..”

“Fight for items and treasures as you level your character..”

“Explore, survive and thrive..”
“If you have what it takes.”

“If you want to volunteer, please step forward and introduce yourself.”

I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and I'm really happy this is finally happening: The play test of my own BrikwaRPG rule set (special thanks to zupponn, colette, IVhorseman, silverdream (I think), aoffan23 and the Supreme Overlord).
The rules have been proposed in the Bonus Material section and are still WIP. Don't hesitate to ask if anything is unclear.

The rules:
Spoiler
Show
Character Sheet:

Levelling:
*Characters can (technically) starts at any level.
*The maximum level a character can reaches is 25.

There are two possible ways of levelling: QuickwaRPG and Campaign.

QuickwaRPG:
When the Adventurer kills an opponent with a Skill rating, make one final roll of the Adventurer's Skill against the opponent's Skill. If the Adventurer's roll is lower, then he "levels up".

Campaign:
You gain experience by killing things but also by performing other actions (such as reviving). The experience is calculated from the cp cost of the stuff involved (killing or reviving a 4 cp minifig grants 4 xp) or from the result of a dice roll, whatever seems more appropriate.
*Killing a defenseless target (a rock, an unmanned vehicule, a crippled ship,...) does not grant XP.
*Only the value of the destroyed component counts (engines, dakka, HP...).

*If more than one unit contribute to the kill/destruction then the XP is distributed equally among the contributors.

Experience Bar: (campaign only)
The XP bar is on the left side of the character sheet. Each gold tile represent 1 XP. To level up, stack an amount of experience point equal to your current level on every stud of the experience bar.
*Set the length of the XP bar to a number of studs that will fit your campaign needs.
*You can reduce the number of xp tiles needed by using a second type that is worth a number of experience points equal to your character's current level. This will also makes the character sheet more manageable especially at higher level.

Inventory:
Any object that would reasonnably fit on a belt, inside a pocket or around your neck can be carried in the character belt (6 slots). In the above example, the character is carrying some food, a sword, a grenade and a gun.

Money Pouch:
The crate is used to carry your CP (money).

Special Ability:
Your character is allowed two special abilities. The flying goggles indicates that this character has the piloting skill (bought at the regular brikwars cost of 1cp).

Status Bar:
The right side of the character sheet is the status bar. Conditions (e.g. poisonned) are tracked here.
In this case, the golden cup indicates that this character has reached level 10 and is allowed to perform heroic feat.

Stats:
Every time you level up, you can increase one of your stats by one level except at level 10 where you get access to Heroic Feats instead.
Each stat is color coded: Blue = Skill, White = Move, Green = Armor, Brown = HP, Red = +DMG. The sixth row is for supernatural power.
Skill:
Level 0 - Skill = 1d4 (Incompetent)
Level 1 - Skill = 1d6 (Trained)
Level 2 - Skill = 1d8 (Expert)
Level 3 - Skill = 1d10 (Heroic
Level 4 - Skill = 1d12 (Supernatural)

Movement:
Level 0 - Move = 5''
Level 1 - Move = 6''
Level 2 - Move = 7''
Level 3 - Move = 8''
Level 4 - Move = 9''

Armor:
Level 0 - Armor = 1d6
Level 1 - Armor = 1d8
Level 2 - Armor = 1d10
Level 3 - Armor = 1d12
Level 4 - Armor = 2d6

Hit Point:
Level 0 - 0 hp
Level 1 - 1 hp
Level 2 - 2 hp
Level 3 - 3 hp
Level 4 - 4 hp
*When your character receives one point of damage, add one rounded 1x1 red transparent tile (blood) on a HP of your character sheet. If there's no more HP to be marked, your character dies. Spill blood around his body.

+Damage:
Level 0 - Normal damage
Level 1 - Damage +1
Level 2 - Damage +2
Level 3 - Damage +3
Level 4 - Damage +1d6

Supernatural Power:
Use faces to build the dices of your choice (up to a maximum of four dices).
(1d6 = 6 faces, 1d8 = 8 faces, and so on)
Level 0 - No supernatural power
Level 1 - 10 faces (ex: 1d6+1d4)
Level 2 - 20 faces (ex: 2d10)
Level 3 - 30 faces (ex: 3d8+1d6)
Level 4 - 40 faces (ex: 2d12+1d10+1d6)

Using these six attributes, you get that the average Minifig is level 1:
Skill: 1d6 (1 point)
Move: 5'' (0 point)
Armor: 1d6 (0 point)

And the Hero is level 10:
Skill: 1d10 (3 points)
Move: 7'' (2 points)
Armor: 2d6 (4 points)
Heroic feat (1 point - level 10)

The pictured character sheet is level 12.

As you go along, you loot treasures and are able to buy new gear that also affect your stats (wearing body protection or a helmet can increases your armor).
Characters begin at level 2 and are given 5 CPs that you can save for later or use right away to purchase gears and special abilities.
Don't expect to get access to heroic feats on this map, though some players should be quite close to.
The map was designed for a team of 6 players but anything from 4 to 8 would work. The first two spots were reserved in chat so I need at least two more player to make this happen. Is there anyone interested?

All I need is a description of your character, the details of how you want to spend your first two level points and your 5 CPs so that I can do my best to bring your heroes to my battlefield (picture and back story are optional but always nice).

I wasn't planning to start this until a few more weeks but I decided to give it a go because I did not wanted the sign-up to be completed before beginning the sign-up as it would defeat the purpose of this very post.

Signup is now open!

*Warning: Before signing up, be advised that my last forum battle took nearly six months to complete and I can't promise that this will go any faster.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Sign-up open)

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Vera Zhrkvsk

Looks like: A short, blonde Russian girl who's smoked too many cigarettes.

I want to put my two points into skill. My two special abilities will be compensating and piloting. She will buy a size two rifle.

Also, I really like the intro.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:44 pm

After spending 2CP on the piloting and compensating abilities, you still have 3CP left. A submachinegun (bastard machine gun) is 6cp :rtfm:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 pm

A Submachinegun would do nicely.
Image lol j/k

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Space Detective

(on the right, police sticker optional, and black fedora preferred.)

Used by the State as a jack-of-all-trades, gathering intel and sources throughout the Brikverse, they are skilled pilots and mechanics, having to work on their own for B.R.s on end.

1 point skill, 1 point hitpoints.
Piloting and Mechanikal Aptitude for abilities, also, a minfig tool and a jack-knife.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 pm

The Post-Apoc Survivor
point in damage and point in armor.
Typical post-apocalypse survivor with gas mask, backpack, and a modern crossbow, and a knife if possible. Dark clothing possibly a trench coat if not just a cape. I don't know what that leaves me with but if it leaves me with anything put it into mechanical aptitude, or medikalness idk.
Last edited by alphafalcon541 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am

Sounds interesting. If there are any slots left, I'll give it a shot-

Spacefleet Captain Flash Maxwell, a self-entitled ladies man with a dashing smile, mirrored shades, an overblown ego, and perfectly styled blonde hair. He should be dressed in a crisp white spacey uniform of sorts with yellow or gold epaulettes if you have them. He wields a beamsabre with a prodigious lack of skill, and an overconfidence the likes of which would make Napoleon cringe.

So- the way that this works we have two level points to spend, and it costs one level point to raise one of the options- skill, sd pool, damage etc 1 point correct?
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 am

Mosm the (Almost) Redeemed.

A now Paladin Dwarf who spent his early years as a battle cleric for the evil wizard Iloru. He eventually saw how evil this was, and went to become a Paladin for the brave "Emerald King".

+1 to skill
+1 to armor

Is a bit younger, so beard is still brown. Wears a helmet, green body, brown pants. Wields a axe, and if possible a shield.
Spoiler
Show
Something like this, but with a dwarf legs, different head, and the axe and shield .

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 am

Jaras Kyfi

+1 Supernatural Powers (1d6,1d4, Farce user cliché), +1 Skill, beamsabre (3CP). Can I buy skills later, or do I have to do it now?

Jaras Kyfi was once a member of the Pedi order, but left when he became disgruntled with their lack of mayhem causing. He now travels the Brikiverse causing mayhem and searching for a new order to join.

Please give him Jedi robes and a cape, and a blue beamsabre if possible.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:08 am

Lord Mercat wrote: So- the way that this works we have two level points to spend, and it costs one level point to raise one of the options- skill, sd pool, damage etc 1 point correct?
Exactly so you can raise a stat twice or two stats once. You also have 5CP that you can spend on gears and special abilities (at regular Brikwars cost). In your case, you still have 2CP after buying a 3CP beamsaber.
Falk wrote:Can I buy skills later, or do I have to do it now?
You can buy them right now or later but once the game starts, you will have to find trainer of some sort.
Speaking of skills.. I would highly recommend bringing a medik with you.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 am

I will be the medic

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Garth Sneakyheadkiller, Ork

1 point to movement and 1 point to damage, I would like stealth and pathfinding for my abilities, and a sword for a weapon. (Not sure if I have enough points but if I do I would also like a crossbow.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Carlos Indiana Devine discovered he was psychic when he accidentally killed his mother with a psionic blast. Since then, he has honed his innate psychic talents to become a skilled assassin that he is today. He has not been active for very many years but has already killed a dozen targets.
1 level of skill
1 level of supernatural
Pistol
Dagger
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 pm

A first volunteer approaches..

“Vera Zhrkvsk. Tell me.. How far are we from Moscow?”

A rather short blonde who looks like she smoked way too much cigarettes takes place beside the Deadly Space Man.

“Space Detective, intelligence department.”

“I'm here to investigate.”

A traveller who seems to have witnessed the apocalypse advances.

“No need to learn my name. I'm just passing through.”

“Captain Flash Maxwell here. I'll be with you in a moment.”

“Hello there! How' you doing?”

more to come..

* the character sheets will be pictured once the party is fully formed.

PlutoniumDeath
Champion
Champion

Post by PlutoniumDeath » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Klaas Büchsenmacher

Klaas Büchsenmacher is a mercenary who specializes in pistols and scouting. He roams the endless void of space in search of money, dakka, and a good fight. Having spent most of his life looking for that good fight, he might just get that fight that he wants.

Looks like: Caped sci-fi gunslinger (Preferably with a cowboy hat if applicable).

I will spend 1 stat point on Skill and 1 stat point on Movement. I will also spend 3 CP on a Revolver (Short-ranged weapon) and save my remaining 2 CP for later.
The napalm! It does nothing!

Throw as many minifigs at the enemy fortifications as you can! We have reserves you know, so don't act like a brikwussy when we inevitably lose some minifigs!

Creator of the gods awful Metal Box Marauders.