The Haunted Wilds (Round 3)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

The Haunted Wilds (Round 3)

Post by Bragallot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 am

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 16&t=11374

Round 3

Drakhirri - NPC'd

The swordsmen try to drive back the phalanx, and get utterly slaughtered.

The crossbowmen then loose a volley into the gap, killing one phalanx.

The champion tries a cleave attack...

Massive damage decapitates three phalanx.

He gets rid of two more of his assailants with some sweet overkill damage, but not without losing another HP.

The chariot riders disembark and try to hold back the elites, killing one.

The other Drakhirri reposition, seemingly not so worried about the Imperials anymore, go figure.

Bulls - Warhead

Marnix, enraged by the losses dealt to him, launches himself at the champion...

... and kills him with one swift blow.

He then leads the remains of the central phalanx onward towards the waiting Drakhirri.

The elites advance painstakingly slowly, killing one chariot rider with combined efforts.

The crossbowmen reorganize themselves. Some fire, but they all miss, the others remain on standby.

Lacking any sort of explosive equipment the catapult operators place load some corpse parts into the catapult. If you launch human bodies at stuff with enough velocity, they will explode, right? Even in death all Bulls have to do their part. (get it, 'parts'?' nvm)

"FIRE!"

*splut* Scratch one corporal.

Imperials - Scratch

"You have insulted me for the last time, you savage hillmen, my cousin's bastard in bread son is more noble than the whole lot of you! KILL them all men, Kill the Bulls!"

The sakers rip holes in the Bull formation, killing three of them.

"Charge!" The phalanx hastily reorganizes to catch the spearmen's charge. The spearmen lost their officer and two soldiers, two phalanx also died.

Meanwhile the crossbowmen who had been on standby retaliate, firing at the only Imperials that are in range.

... the swordsmen. One dies.

The urban swordsmen quickly move out of the way...

... leaving the ribault room to open fire. Two more phalanx are torn asunder.

More swordsmen also come in from this side, threatening to overwhelm the thinned out Bull formation.

Two swordsmen fall upon the pike wall as they try to advance.

The others push the Bulls back, but the phalanx stand their ground.

It might not be enough though, because the imperials are trying to enter through the gap in the formation.

The cavalry advances, but there's no room for a charge.

The crossbowmen climb the trees and open fire on the phalanx and the catapult operator, but can't accomplish a thing.

Marnix: "Cales, you honourless son of a bitch! Quit hiding behind your men! You will pay for this treachery with your blood! You may kill us all today, but when the King hears of your petty treason he will have your head!"

New Bull objective: commandeer a horse, chariot or dragon and use it to send a messenger back to the King to tell him of Cales' treachery.

"Fool! None of you will survive to warn the King that the Empire has once again risen! Why did you think I sprung the trap all the way here? Why do you think I waited for Queen Lara to take the Royal Army beyond the Falx portal? Do you think I do not have allies? My plan is flawless. The King will be of as little concern to me as you savages will be when you're dead at my feet. I would gladly strike you down personally, but I have a higher purpose in this world to fulfill."

"NOT TODAY, CALES! We'll just have to kill you and smother your plans right here and now!" Marnix bellows, and, as if conjured by his anger, a Bull Avatar appears, sending a fierce roar over the battlefield which invigorates the Bulls (+1 skill next round).

Overviews

Damage:

Drakhirri Champion 0/3 HP
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Re: The Haunted Wilds (Round 3)

Post by Warhead » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Look at all the lovely mess. :D It's good to be back! :twisted:

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: The Haunted Wilds (Round 3)

Post by Zupponn » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:17 pm

As of right now, although they seem to be taking many losses, the Bulls are kicking ass.