You Can't Escape the Miles: Turn 8 FINAL

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

You Can't Escape the Miles: Turn 8 FINAL

Postby Scratch » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 pm

This is it! The Grand Finale of a long running battle! Let's do this!

The Wrath and it's Captain: lawmaster

Two-Pistol Pete snatches up the fallen scythe from the floor of the deck, and gets a running start...

With a leap and a prayer, he slams the blade into the soft belly-flesh of the Dragon, hurting him (-1 HP, 1 remaining.)

Stephan the Hollow: Silverdream

Leaping up from the water, Stephan does some sweet parkour moves to get up the side of the ship, whereupon he rockets himself away from it...

...and hits the dragon's claw with his club! While it doesn't harm the creature, it does startle him, causing him to lose his grip on Sir Ornstein.

A quick responce from the flaming knight saves him, and his Dragonspear gets jammed in the window, a mixed blessing, since he is now safe from drowning, but still totally on fire. In response, Umbra gets a firm hold on Stephan

Oscar the Strong: mgb519

Giving up on the mast-bat, Oscar winds up one of his famous uppercuts.

He punches one Ork in the gut, sending him flying.

When the Ork hits his fellow crewman, both explode into gore, but what is that in his claw? A quick snip by the Ork that was punched took off one of Oscar's hands! (-1 HP, 2 remaining)

Amadeus Von Brag: Bragallot

While trying to climb up the side of the Miles, Von Brag gets messily tangled up in the chains.

Prisoners: Alex

The pants-wearing prisoner sprints up the sail at the dragon, and although critting his sprint roll, he misses his skill roll, thus he overshoots and goes flying into the water.

Lydia and the other prisoner throw their weapons at the dragon's head, they get lodged in there pretty well. (Damage equaled armor, a bit more and they could have killed him outright)

Captain Sparrork and crew: Apollyon

The Captain stands back up and rushes Sir Oscar, enraged at both his embarrassing slip and the death of his crew, Oscar, though missing a hand, manages to parry the scimitar with a rapier and also counter.

Umbra the Unyielding: Falk

Umbra quickly lights the Undead Hollow up like a burning marshmallow.

Then eats him like the same. Stephan manages to grab the sword out of Umbra's eye as he goes down.

Umbra: "BUUUURP"

Umbra: "Hmm, not sure if that went down right."

*SQUELCH*

As Stephan struggles to get back up the Dragon's throat, Umbra responds instinctively with a blast of fire, finding it hard to get past the minifig-shaped obstruction.

Stephan the Hollow: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Umbra the Unyielding: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Umbra, now in an animal state of panic and rage, forces more fire out of his throat, frying the hollow alive in temperatures that could melt metal, at the same time, he bleeds out from the wounds you would logically suffer while having someone use a sword to climb out of your throat.

Finally, he topples over.

The water instantly boils as he makes contact with it, but the fires still rage beneath the surface.

Umbra the Unyielding has left the game! Stephan the Hollow has left the game!

And with that, the Beast of Wrath finally sinks.

Stay tuned for our exciting conclusion/epilogue!
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Re: You Can't Escape the Miles: Turn 8 FINAL

Postby Scratch » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Epilogue: Scratch

With a quick angry inch to the side, both combatants make it off the sinking ship and on to the non-flaming non-sinking one.

Oscar dispossesses Captain Sparrork of his shield, sending it into the deep.

The Captain responds, and although a quick duck saves the Knight's head, it doesn't save his plume.

Now on the backfoot, Sir Oscar desperately parries another close slash.

Tragedy! The Brave and Strong Knight is disarmed by the Knavish Ork. Is this the end for our Strongman?

Baron Ivan: "MOVE YOU DUNCE"
The father of 2 1 protects his remaining progeny with a feat of self-sacrifice taking the killing blow and pushing his son out of harms way.

The crushing blow cuts through helmet and skull.

Sir Oscar the Strong: "Father, no, not two of our kin in a day."
Baron Ivan: "Shut it kid, you're strong enough to truly take up the mantle of Baron, and man who can tear out the mast of a ship with his bare hands and kill Orks with it is truly ready to rule."
Oscar: "I will do as you say, Father."

Captain Sparrork: "HEY YOU, GET BACK UP HERE AND FIGHT, IS THIS A BRIKWAR OR A MELODRAMA?"

Amadeus Von Brag: "You are ruining ze moment."

Several Minutes later

As the crew get settled, one former prisoner works on cleaning up the ork corpses from the deck of the ship.

Two more work on retrieving the now only smouldering Ornstein Dragonslayer from the Miles.

Baron Oscar the Strong grieves over his father in manly silence, shedding not a tear.

Captain Pete and Lord Amadeus begin to figure their way around the new ship, seeing that they will have to make their journey in this old slaver now.
Captain Pete: "How long until we raise sail again?"
Lord Amadeus: "As soon as these naked deckworkers put on some pants and tie off the sails.

Captain Pete: "Very well, off again, to WAR!"

Meanwhile, the Miles continues to burn, soon to sink to the bottem and be forgotten.

~~Fin~~

Spoiler: show
So that was that! I cut the final round or two of combat because I need the table again, but I'm glad I was able to run this until the end. GG everyone and more content soon!
Zupponn wrote:

Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Silverdream » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 pm

RIP

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby alphafalcon541 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 pm

So freaking awesome, is another forum battle to come after this?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Postby mgb519 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:30 am

An excellent end to an excellent battle.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Zahru II » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 am

GG
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Apollyon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 am

That was a cool battle to play in! Even though I think all my feats failed. :roll:

My only point of criticizm is that the overview pictures never worked for me. It was very hard to make out who is who and where. But i imagine it is difficult and not much can be done with all those sails and masts in the way. Detail shots were often great, all those ppl in the water for example. I really liked the ships you built, too! They should go to the Armory.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Bragallot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 am

Awesome battle. It feels as if all I managed to do was flail about in the water uselessly but I suppose I should be glad I made it out alive at least.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Alex » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 am

Excellent battle. That gif is awesome.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Scratch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks all! It was a blast hosting this game, although it was a long runner.

alphafalcon541 wrote:So freaking awesome, is another forum battle to come after this?

I'm going to take a month or two off from active battles, but after that I'll definitely start building the set for another forum battle.

Apollyon wrote:My only point of criticizm is that the overview pictures never worked for me. It was very hard to make out who is who and where. But i imagine it is difficult and not much can be done with all those sails and masts in the way. Detail shots were often great, all those ppl in the water for example. I really liked the ships you built, too! They should go to the Armory.

Yeah, it was really hard to find a good angle to get your ship from, yours came in from between the wall and the dresser, so I couldn't really get a good shot from behind. Funny thing about the ships, the Miles and Wrath were just modified versions of the TLG Pirates of the Carribean ships, and the Ork ship was just straight up the one from LOTR.
Zupponn wrote:

Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:48 pm

This was amazing. Well done.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Kalvinator » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 am

I'm so sorry I was so inactive during this :cry:

Good game, hopefully you guys can trust me to partake in battles I sign up for from now on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Return to Forum Battles