Breach Zone: Turn 1

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Breach Zone: Turn 1

Postby Battlegrinder » Wed May 14, 2014 11:59 am

Strike Team:

Using their SN die to bolster their armor, most of the melee rangers began their advance into the compound.

The rest of the strike team decides to scale the nearby wall instead, and uses their SN die to enhance their movement.

Thanks to a convenient bonus die, they manage to scramble all the way over the wall and into combat. The rifle team takes up firing positions, while a bold (and/or foolish) swordsman charge in to attack the enemy heavy. Normally, going after a target wearing heavy armor with a hand weapon would be pointless, but the swordsman has CC weapon master, which gives him an extra die in CC attacks, and a narrow chance of taking down the heavy.

He swings, he hits, and after the heavy failed his attempt to parry the blow, manages to deal just enough damage to take him out.

The rifle team open up next, picking off soldiers who are in a position to shoot them at an angle the Ranger's shields won't block. Four of the mind-controlled soldiers go down.

Bartholomew, who wasn't able to keep up with the rest of the strike team, prepares to cast a few spells to aid them. "I cast Heat Metal!" He cries, aiming to force the nearby troopers to discard their now burning hot weapons. However, the spell fizzles out.

Defenders:

The surviving troopers realize that their current position is untenable, and elect to take out their nearest adversary and flee. They concentrate fire on the swordsmen, and manage to pump out a net damage roll of 16 (thanks to a pair of overskill die that made up for several botched damage rolls). Lady luck is clearly still one the swordsmen's side though, as he gets a 17 on his armor roll, narrowly surviving the volley.

having failed to thin out the opposing squad, the remaining troopers beat a hasty retreat.

The other group of mind-controlled gunmen move in to support the first squad.

The orks reposition themselves.

The sorceress fiddles with the artifact for a bit, but takes no other action.

Overview shot:

Awaiting orders for turn 2!
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Breach Zone: Turn 1

Postby motorhead fan » Wed May 14, 2014 12:17 pm

I said the Orks should go to the left! also, for some reason, my guys suck!

<Motorheadfan>: Paper cuts for everyone!
motorhead fan
mine is one or two inches longer now

Postby Battlegrinder » Wed May 14, 2014 3:13 pm

motorhead fan wrote:I said the Orks should go to the left! also, for some reason, my guys suck!

It'snot them. Rangers are just seriously badass.
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Vami IV » Wed May 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Use my past orders.
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.
Vami IV
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby motorhead fan » Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 am

Battlegrinder wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:I said the Orks should go to the left! also, for some reason, my guys suck!

It'snot them. Rangers are just seriously badass.

If a Phalek conquest army somehow encounters you're homeplanet, I would just Q-bomb it into lumps of rock, a lot less one sided game that way! :D

<Motorheadfan>: Paper cuts for everyone!
motorhead fan
mine is one or two inches longer now

Return to Forum Battles