They dug too deep! LET'S FIGHT! - Turn 69

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer

They dug too deep! LET'S FIGHT! - Turn 69

Postby Zahru II » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:07 pm

UPC Forces - Bragallot

Marines continue their suicide rush towards the BNG  - unfortunately one of them is intercepted by Maimtrons. The other manages to impact with the Desolator, but it doesn't do much damage to either of them - the marine gets disrupted.

Nadia ditches the beam rifle for a broodmender talon!

She uses it to hack into the swarmlord, dealing 1 damage (down to 2).

Planetcrackers - lawmaster

Prospectors continue rushing towards the BNG drop off point.

Adele climbs back into the suit. 'Alright sugar, just do me one more little favor...'

'DASH BOOST, ACTIVATE!'

Unfortunately Adele critically fails her feat, which results in dash boosting face first into the ground. She is knocked out from the rest of the fight.

PC marines blast off another hp from the swarmlord (down to its last).

Blacktron NuGen - Apollyon

Troopers deliver 2 more methazine - up to 4 now!

Maimtrons finish off the last UPC marine for good.

With the final crystal in hand, Darkonus gloats - "kiss my bionic buttocks fools!"

Activating his emergency robo rocket thrust foot, he soars across the battlefield and delivers the final chunk of methazine before the trooper could!

BNG Objective Completed!

To add insult to injury, the taskless Desolator also totally stills the kill for the Swarmlord, blasting it to death. Sorry Quantum!

The Swarm - Eliminated!

With that the battle is over!

BLACKTRON VICTORY!

Final Overwatch and kills:

Bragallot - 13
Quantumsurfer - 9
Lawmaster - 4
Apollyon - 4, Methazine Collected - 69

Aftermath:

General Darkonus: 'Haha, well done lads, bet those UPC chumps didn't see that coming! Just like in the olden days!'

With that, the BNG forces warp out, leaving only death and debris behind.

Hierophant: A most disappointing turn of events, little one. Alas, the divine will of the Matriach demands that you should either kill - or in your case, be killed. Farewell.

Agent Vornukov: 'I cannot believe this Commander! Those vile Blacktron played us like the fiddle! Nevertheless, not only did we thwart the xeno uprising, but also captured a live specimen for future studies.'
Agent Nadia: 'Yeah Vorn, give the Commander some slack - besides, these guys and gals are telling me that while the Blacktron plucked the cache, they didn't completely stripped it from its methazine. Guess we will have to take what little there is.'
Adele: '*krrzt* *krzrt* Ugh... Foreman... please contact HQ - I think both me and my suit will need some patchin' up.'
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Re: They dug too deep! LET'S FIGHT! - Turn 69

Postby Zahru II » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:12 pm

That wraps up "They dug too deep!" - as always, thank you so much for playing and being so punctual with your orders!
Please let me know if you have any comments or criticism about the battle.
Personally, I think I will dial back the damage on the swarmlings - initially I didn't think they would pack enough of a punch with only dealing 1d6 damage, but turns out they are more than lethal with that output, when combined with charging.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Bragallot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Aw man, the kamikaze run was so pitiful it didn't even kill the trooper itself :lol:

Comments / criticism: first of, great battle, it was a lot of fun and though those sneaky BNG guys stole the victory (and that swarmlord kill :fist: ) my guys did have a good waaagh and Nadia kicked ass.

A minor criticism is that I felt that the suits broke really easily.

The BNG, who already had the advantage of being a secret faction, should perhaps have been deployed further away from their objective or at least somewhere they would have to do some fighting to get there - there was literally no one around to stop them and all they had to do was devote as many of their guys as possible to mining. On top of those advantages, they also had enough guys to rival any of the other factions.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby lawmaster » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Good game as always Zahru
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Apollyon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:21 am

This was a good start to the Perwar scenario and I am looking forward to more, possibly larger battles, and a developing story and characters. I gotta agree though, the BNG had it very easy in this fight. Criticism? Well the Swarm is so colourful it's hard to see anything in overviews. Can't do much about that I reckon.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:53 am

This was fun.  The presentation was super thematic and evocative, as always.  I don't know how you manage it but you can always make a couple of guys facing off on an open field seem tense, exciting, and interesting.

I, too, felt the suits broke too easily, on the UPC side anyway.  On the other hand, part of what makes the swarm so scary is their endless charging.  The bigger swarm creatures felt like they were there to soak up the hits, honestly, and the Brawler did much the same, occupying the swarmlord totally.  It felt relatively balanced.  I wonder if things would have gone differently if the swarmlings had been blown up early on instead.  I'm not 100% sure that the Broodmender spawn ability was worth using but any favorable modifications to it might be unbalancing.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Return to Forum Battles