50%
Urban, Infantry focused / 1 vs 1 *Fuck the Killbots idea
No votes
Light Woodland 4 player free for all
50%

Total votes : 10

ESS Western Front / Skirmish of Purple Nurple

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 am

Note: I'd like to do this via IM rather than sending PMs. But since it's the middle of the night I'll be doing the signups in this thread.  We'll signup here but I'd rather do the orders via Skype, Steam or the Mibbit channel

People are welcome to drop out and jump in at their leisure, I have no idea how long this is going to take since we're looking at a battle with about 60 or 70 units from 4 teams involved.

When giving me your orders, generalized stuff will do fine. I've once again forgotten most of the core rules, so we're playing by fudge rules.  Move/Act/ Enemy reaction if available/End. Turn Order will be randomized at the start.

The only real "Rule" of this scenario is that heavy damage is not allowed to the Lego Friends structures, they belong to my kid sister and I don't have the instructions for them anymore, I already accidentally broke the hotel once and had to build it up by eyeballing it.

Each player will have a small number of additional units that they may call in as reinforcements, these reinforcements are not shown in the deployment images but are mentioned on the faction's arsenal. Players are forbidden from calling in reinforcements in the first 2 turns. Don't call them in if you're already doing well, wait until you've taken some moderate casualties

It's the height of the Galacian advance into the Communist Mozorovan territory, In the Green sector of the Elkoss Space Sector lies the Kurvan system, it's central planet, Kurva was occupied by the communists some time ago and now Galacian troops are being deployed there to flush them out. Galacian Ground Forces and the Mozorovan Red Army are set to square off in the relatively open fields of the Purple Nurple region, which was once used as reservation lands for the Sector's Fiends who have since evacuated. But before the two sides can square off, they encounter the warring factions of the Peach remnants already engaged with one another, leading to a four way free-for-all.

Battle Layout

Teams

Galacian Ground Forces - Played by Brikguy0410

Arsenal
Spoiler: show
Galacian Ground Forces
x1 Motorized Infantry platoon including
- 3 Ohotnik MRAP Combat Transports (Armed w/ Machinegun)
- 1 Armadillo Heavy MRAP Combat Transport (Armed w/ AP Heavy Machinegun)
- 2 Combat Medics
- 2 Infantry w/ Disposable rocket launcher
- 1 Lieutenant (Officer)
- 15 Riflemen

Galacian Reinforcements
x1 Tank
- 1 G-200 "Kodiak" Main Battle Tank

Mozorovan Red Army - Played by Duerer
Arsenal
Mozorovan Red Army
x1 Motostrelki Platoon including
- 1 "Battle Bus" APC (Armed w/ Machinegun)
- 1 Unarmed MIL Transport Truck
- 1 Leytenant (Officer)
- 2 Machinegunners
- 2 Infantry w/ Disposable rocket launcher
- 11 Riflemen

x1 Weapons team including
- 2 Molotov grenadiers
- 1 Reloadable Rocket Launcher soldier
- 1 rocket ammo carrier

x1 Tank
- 1 Up-Armored E-100 "Battlemaster" Main Battle Tank

Mozorovan Reinforcements
x1 Light Infantry Platoon (12 riflemen)

United Peach Liberation Front Guerillas - Played by Motorhead Fan
Arsenal
United Peach Liberation Front Loyalists
x1 Guerilla Platoon including
- 16 Guerillas
- 1 Warlord "Officer, Minor Hero"

UPLF Reinforcements
x1 Dungan suicide bomber group (4 Suicide bombers)

Elkoss Sector Peach Resistance Army - Played by Appoloyon
Arsenal
Peach Resistance Army
x1 Peach Resistance Fighter squad (18 Riflemen)

PRA Reinforcements
x1 Peach Tankette

Speak up now if you want to play, You can also yell at me on Steam or Skype if you have any questions.
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 am, edited 11 times in total.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Current Works in Progress (Battles, Soaps, etc)
Operation Harvest Red, Syndikat Space pirate story, Volhinyan Civil War, Shulga Saga, History of the Gold Sector
High Priority Low Priority Long Term Project

Factions Currentley being focused on
Peacheneg Armata Coalition, Chernarus, Volhinya
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: (CHAT BATTLE) SIGNUP STAGE / ESS Western Front

Postby Kastrenzo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:12 am

SIGNUPS OPEN
Faction Index
Operation Harvest Red, Syndikat Space pirate story, Volhinyan Civil War, Shulga Saga, History of the Gold Sector

Kastrenzo

Re: SIGNUPS OPEN / ESS Western Front

Postby Duerer » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:23 am

Red Army, pls.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Postby Brikguy0410 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:14 am

Galacians please
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Postby Apollyon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 am

Edit: Anti Peach Restiance please.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:53 pm

I'd like the united peach guérillas please.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

ESS Western Front

Postby Kastrenzo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Players are set.

Turn order was randomly selected. Is as follows

Galacia
Peach Resistance
UPLF
Mozorov

Waiting for Orders from Brikguy. Send them on Skype for faster response. ID: Kastrenzo

Note to Brikguy, you have 4 vehicles but none of them have dedicated crewmen, they require a gunner and a driver to be fully effective.
you may choose to start your turn with the vehicles fully loaded, half loaded or completely empty and left at the deployment zone .  Think of them as Humvees. Small MRAPs hold 2+2, and the big ones hold 2+6. So mount/dismount as you please.

Same concept applies to the Unarmed truck for Red Army,

Other than that, all other vehicles come with full crew , so have at it and do as you please
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Re: ESS Western Front / Skirmish of Purple Nurple

Postby Kastrenzo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:55 am

Turn 1

Galacian Ground Forces - Brikguy

The Platoon starts the turn already loaded into their MRAPs, the vehicles advance in a line formation and then once within engagement range, turn to the side forming a defensive barricade of sorts. The Platoon is ordered to "Soft Dismount" and all troops not driving or operating vehicle weapons jump out.

During the disembark, the Platoon leader's unit encounters UPLF Remnant troops at close range, only 4 of his troops are in a position to fire, but they manage to neutralize 3 Peach troops, one soldier scored a double kill. The troops that did not get to fire save their turn for a counter attack if needed

In the excitement of gunfire, a Galacian soldier runs to the front of the convoy with his rocket launcher, he sets his sights on the Red Tank downrange, The skill roll is failed and the one-shot rocket launcher is wasted, missing the target.
The rocket misses the tank and slams into the front of a Fiend muffin shop sending debris, broken glass and baking goods flying everywhere. All is not lost however, the explosion and shrapnel kill two Reds, and disrupt two others.

One of the MRAP gunners sees on his control tablet a silhoutte of a heavy weapon in the distance, All Vehicles with line of sight train their guns on the Communist heavy weapons team and open fire, the Rocket troop is hit but not killed, however a Molotov grenadier is not so fortunate.

Kills this turn - 6

Next up - Apolloyon, playing the Peach Resistance Army *Tan Peaches*
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Im having some issues with my Google Drive right now, image upload has been a pain in the ass

Peach Resistance Army - Appoloyon

AKA The Crit fail Bonanza

A PRA Gunman points his laser rifle at the dimwitted rocket soldier, ready for an easy kill...

Critical Fail The laser gun overheats and explodes in his face, the damage is enough to kill him as his arms are blown off and his face eats a lot of hot plastic and circuitry

Another soldier tries his luck and finishes the job

Four Troops on the hills see the Galacian trucks lined up and take off sprinting,

Critical SuccessThey jump onto the rooftops of the trucks, one of them is able to keep going and hops onto the next truck in the line

Critical Fail... Although one dumbass falls off the hill on the run, Stunning him

Three soldiers emerge from the hidden barricade and try to take a shot at the Galacian officer

Critical Fail X2 Two of the soldier's weapons malfunction and begin making loud noises, while neither are injured by the malfunction, the noise allows a nearby Galacian troop to take notice to the flank, he redshirts by diving in front of the officer, and is killed.

Another 4 man team flanks around to the rear of the vehicles hoping to catch the enemy by surprise. They fire at three troops, only killing one. One of the PRA troops takes cover and saves his action turn

Unfortunately many of the Galacian troops behind the trucks were waiting for an attack *Saved actions*, the soldiers who were targeted fire back

Two PRA soldiers are killed on the return volley, one of them falls off the rock and crashes into some crates head first like a cartoon character

Growing Impatient with his troops incompetence, Captain Lemon berates his troops, he sends a soldier up onto the hill on sentry duty while he plans his next move

Looking to impress the Captain, the sentry notices a Galacian soldier poking out of cover and not paying attention, he is smoked in the back of the head by a laser beam

Kills this turn - 4
Troops lost to critical fails - 1
Troops lost to enemy reactions - 2

Next up, United Peach Liberation Front, Played by Motorhead Fan
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:33 pm

UPLF - Played by Motorhead Fan

*Motorhead Fan sent his orders before Brikguy, I hope these results are to your liking, I tried to follow them as best as I could given the changes of the last two turns*

Two peach fighters fire at the bulkhead hinges on the research station, the door falls off

After the door falls, several other fighters scramble inside the building.

Once inside, two fighters break a number of windows and stick their weapons out, turning the station into a makeshift fighting position

Five others make for the opposite door, one opens the door and the rest encounter the Motostrelki squad still struggling to recover from the earlier rocket attack.

Critical Fail One of the soldier's weapon breaks in his hands, however the rest of the squad makes up for it and three Red Army soldiers are gunned down *One of them isn't in the shot, oops*

The other UPLF fighters prepare to engage Galacians, The UPLF War hero "Plasmatits" and two grunts run off to the trees while two others peek around the corner and fire at three Galacian troops that are beside the big MRAP.

Critical Success Two soldiers manage to take down Three enemies with nothing but their guns. A grunt, NCO and Medic are dead.

Plasmatits fires his Plasma rifle, a high end weapon intended for elite Galacian troops, which was probably taken as a war trophy in the past..

Hot Plasma blows through a PRA fighter.

The fighter then shrieks as he realizes he is melting, he dies as his body is set aflame and melts into plasma goo.

Kills this turn - 7

Next up, Mozorovan Red Army played by Duerer
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:02 pm

Mozorovan Red Army - Played by Duerer

The E100 Tank fires it's main gun at the research station

It does a decent amount of damage, the frag round goes off and blows a massive hole in the side of the station, Killing two inside and makes a small hole in the other side of the building.

The APC drives off trying to copy the manuevre the Galacian vehicles made for it's own friendlies behind it, the remote gun fires inaccurately and fails to hit anything in front of it, The rounds cut down a small tree however, this small error will lead to be an enormous success later in the turn

The lone survivor of the muffin shop squad fires his rocket launcher at the Research station again, aiming for the other UPLF in view (This soldier is now without a weapon*

The shaky structure of the already damaged station does little to protect those inside, the rocket slams into the corner, between the blast of the explosion and falling debris, 4 are killed.

A rifle squad moves up alongside the APC and fires at Plasmatits and his followers..

OVERSKILL + OVERKILL One of the five shooters misses his target, but the four remaining rifles score two overskill bennies, each adding an additional point to their attack, and some of the attacks land on 6s, when the tally of damage is complete, the squad scores a total of 26 damage, a completely devastating attack

Plasmatits, and two UPLF soldiers are killed in the volley, with plenty of damage to spare after the initial attack, the volley cuts through the trees and tags the Galacian Leuitenant and also does some light damage to an MRAP behind him, Two Officers are killed in a single attack.

The weapons team gets in the transport truck and drives off, with no one else being able to fit in the cabin the rocket trooper is forced to toss his launcher in the back and drive.  The Red Army officer and his team move up behind it, pausing behind some trees.

Kills this turn - 10  :tiger:

END OF TURN 1

Next up - Galacian Ground Forces / Brikguy

End of turn image
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:06 am

TURN 2

Galacian Ground Forces - Brikguy

Troops behind the vehicles attempt to remove the PRA boarders from the roofs, two are killed and one survives by taking cover behind the gun.  Another PRA troop by the rocks is killed during the firefight.

The second Medc disembarks from one of the MRAPs

Critical Success - His attempts to revive the other Medic go better than first thought, She is fully resuscitated and gets up and takes cover behind the building, This might not have been necessary anyway given that the downed trees are providing a decent block on the UPLF's line of sight. For the time being both groups are safe from one another.

The gunner on the Armadillos' heavy weapon has a line of sight on 5 Red soldiers downrange, he opens up with the big gun.

The glorious Motostrelki squad from last turn gets a taste of it's own,  four are killed in the hail of fire

Not willing to give any quarter, and now with only a driver, the damaged MRAP slams into  the squad, rough terrain and a pile of debris and bodies stops the vehicle before it can wipe out the remnants, An additional Mozorov troop is killed and this MRAP is now damaged on the front, without a gunner, and is stuck. *The Medic was the gunner, and he jumped out earlier*

The other two Ohotnik MRAP guns fire at the advancing truck, the cabin is peppered and the driver is decapitated.

The driver-less truck veers out of control and slams into the hill, the passengers in back are disrupted by the impact and a PRA soldier finds himself lucky to be alive, but boxed in by trees and debris from the crash

End of Turn image

This link will show an image pointing out all of the units that are still in play.
https://gyazo.com/37c5e0bd2d5035dccbcd6834606d81d6

Kills this turn - 9  :tiger:

Next - Peach Resistance Army / Appoloyon
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:31 pm

Peach Resistance Army - Apolloyon

The surviving fighter on the roof attempts to grab the remote machine gun off the MRAP's roof in hopes of forcing it to fire on it's own units.

Critical Success He manages to take the gun operator by surprise, he manhandles the gun towards the neigbboring MRAP and the gun operator panics, firing wildly it hits and destroys the gun on the other truck.

Two PRA fighters attack a lone Galacian infantryman, both fail to hit or kill him.

Overkill Another fighter from behind the vehicle flanks and tags a guy in the head

The two closest to the Communist truck that crashed crawl out from the bushes and take down another soldier.

Critical Fail The hill sentry tries to get the guy that his two friends missed, he slips and falls off the hill. Disrupted for next turn

The Captain and two soldiers approach the back of the nearest Galacian truck, he forces open the back door in an attempt to hijack it

Overkill One of the followers successfully eliminates  both the driver and gun operator

The corpses are tossed out of the vehicle and the Captain and his bald friend commandeer the vehicle.

End of turn image

Kills this Turn - 4 + 1 enemy vehicle's weapon destroyed.

Next up, United Peach Liberation Front played by Motorhead Fan
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:30 pm

I've got Motorhead's orders. Will continue this after the weekend *tommorow*
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:36 pm

I caught the flu so I've been taking a break, I'll still keep this going,  thanks for your patience, those who are playing
Faction Index

Kastrenzo

Next

Return to Forum Battles