(Interlude) Recap / State of affairs

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

(Interlude) Recap / State of affairs

Postby Craigallot » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:44 am

I've reorganized my armies, and I'm very pleased with the results - I nearly have the next battle set up. Since I've been away for a while, since there's no doubt new people, and because I need to refresh my own memory a little as well, I thought it'd be good to make a post about the current goings-on in my dusty little corner of Medivo. Also to provide some closure to the battles I left unfinished.

I apologize in advance for any inconsistencies, it's been a while and while I remember much, I probably don't remember everything.

*Ahem* Story-mode enabled.

Crimson Crusade arc

Queen Lara went through a magical portal to attack the Falx Republic and find a way to stop future incursions into the Kingdom, taking much of the Kingdom's army with her. However, the Water Demons that were meant to guard the portal tampered with it, thus stopping her from being able to come back. Queen Lara's forces were scattered in the dimensional rift and arrived divided in the hostile, unknown world of Estius. Queen Lara and the volunteers immediately came under attack by the native Esti, but they survived. To her surprise, Lara also found the followers of the Bull god who had fled the Kingdom on this planet. She has to gather her scattered forces quickly or risk being destroyed. However, the Falx also have their own problems: their Esti vassals see this crisis as a good opportunity to perhaps wrench their freedom from the Falx again. With four opposing sides each having their own agendas, chaos is sure to follow.

Sir Garth's Campaign

Per the king's orders, Sir Garth took the Dweller army and traveled north to ascertain that Phineus' Black Citadel was abandoned. Unfortunately, they quickly ran into more and more undead the closer they came to the citadel. Realizing they would be overwhelmed if they continued as one, Sir Garth split up his forces in a desperate bid to reach the Black Citadel and destroy the evil that dwells there before it engulfed them. Many troops were lost, but a substantial force still managed to push on to the vicinity of the Black Citadel. Picking up Dragon Knight and woad elf allies along the way, Sir Garth prepared to make his final move on the Black Citadel and confront the necromancer Phineus.

However, during his quest, Sir Garth also learned a terrible truth: the undead were an army engineered by the high elves, a forgotten race living in the Northern reaches of Westeron who feared the quickly growing race that was humanity and plotted to destroy them. As Garth took his forces north the woad elves, the location of whose home was betrayed by one of Garth's followers, were attacked by a combined force of undead and high elves. The battle ended in a draw, and the remaining woad elves quickly hurried north to join Garth's attack, knowing it was the last hope for their species.

The Fall arc

With most of the Kingdom's forces gone, Knight-Marshal Cales, who had engineered the plot to trap Queen Lara on the other side of the portal, declared himself Emperor. The Urban Guard, traitors to the Crown, quickly turned most of the cities and villages they were guarding over to his reign. Cales joined forces with the Draklon Raiders who had been attacking the Kingdom, betrayed and destroyed the main host of the Bull's army in the Haunted Wilds, and took the city of Andelmere. Doubtless, he won't quit until the entire Kingdom is his.

Responding to this crisis, the King fought his way out of the capital city with a number of his followers and moved to take refuge in the fortress of Greaves' Height. He was attacked on the way, but the survivors made it to the fortress, which the King intends to use as a base of operations to strike back at the traitor Cales.

So much for the recap. Next stop: Sir Garth's Campaign! I've got a (simple) battlefield set up, the sign-up should be posted somewhere this week.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: (Interlude) Recap / State of affairs

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:46 pm

:omnom:

Dis gon be gud.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Kommander Ken » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Very excited to see a return of your stuff, man.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby TastySkippy123 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:48 pm

:omnom: I can't wait!
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby stubby » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:21 pm

I didn't realize how much I missed the Falx until I read this post.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby bann154 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:37 pm

It makes me so happy to see that this is coming back!  :omnom:
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
bann154
bann is the mann

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:51 am

stubby wrote:I didn't realize how much I missed the Falx until I read this post.

Same. They were both a blast to play and to write as well.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I think the Falx was the first faction I ever played as in a forum battle.
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Postby Craigallot » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:00 am

I'll have to bring them back at some point. They're looking better than ever. After the current fight is over, I'll be wanting to do some battles that revolve less around heroes and more around troops, so they'll be perfect for that (I think they're my biggest army).
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Return to Forum Battles