Re: Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol [TURN 2]

Post by TastySkippy123 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:15 am

Ill send orders now sorry for the wait.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Re: Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol [TURN 3]

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu May 25, 2017 3:10 am

Sorry it took me so long to get this up gang, it's been a busy couple weeks, and a family member decided that they wanted the table space I was keeping my battle on, so it got dismantled and I had to wrangle up the parts, as well as find another place to host my battles since that place clearly wasn't going to work for the future. I finally got a desk and managed to set everything back up. So, by the power of Retcon, everything is back to normal, with a few small placement shifts and tiny aesthetic upgrades. In the future I'm going to try and go the all baseplate route.

TURN THREE

Fomorians - Quantumsurfer

The Dullahan attempts another fit of maniacal laughter at all the chaos it's causing, but critfails the action and chokes mid-guffaw, eating up both its action and movement for the turn while it catches its breath. How it choked without actually having a windpipe is a mystery.

The Priestess is more successful, her battlerage spell amping up one of the rawheads.

The rawheads, filled with both chaotic rage and blood frenzy (First Blood Benny used) turn and attack the hapless mutt.

Despite being both brave and also very pissed off, a combined attack totaling 26 points of damage is too much for the canid, and it is sliced to ribbons by the teeth of the rawheads. One of the sanguinous shamblers flubs its skill roll however and in the feeding frenzy, takes a hitpoint off of one of its mates.

The redcaps coalesce the pooling blood into throwing axes and hurl them at the townsfolk.

It's super effective.

They then rush forward to invite the nice lady to jump on board the death train, but she's not having it, and manages to survive with one HP left.

The last redcap opens another crate and finds more useless bullshit (No effect).

The shellycobb attacks Galvyn again, but fails to do any damage.

Galvyn guts the dark fey in retaliation.

The revenants hurl their trees at the cluster of town guards.

The captain bails out of the way just in time and sticks his skill roll and the landing.

The other dude isn't as lucky.

Renlothians - RedRover

The Warden uses his feat to buff the angel's speed and then charges towards the Dullahan.

The angel attacks the redcap with a flying leap and takes off another HP

The crossbowmen unload into the nearest redcap.

I T S S U P E R E F F E C T I V E

Townsfolk - TastySkippy123

Three of the townsfolk gang up on the lone redcap and barely manage to take off the last HP and kill it. The remaining townie attacked the other redcap, but nothing happened with that so the Author didn't bother taking a photo.

While his action was already used, Galvyn is still able to move, and thus does a badass slo-mo Matrix jump to try and knock the Dullahan out of the saddle (Action completes on next turn.)

And the monk FINALLY manages to heal the blacksmith.

Town Guard - Captain-Camper

Again, since his action was already used, Corrik is unable to to much of note, but runs back towards the action anyway.

The smith fires the cannon and lands a direct hit on the Dullahan, doing a whopping twenty eight damage.

Turn 3 End Overwatch

~KILLS~
Quantumsurfer: 3
TastySkippy123: 2
Renlothians: 1

~ACHIEVEMENT BENNIES~
TastySkippy123: 1
RedRover: 1

Turn Order:
Renloth
Fomorians
Guards
Townsfolk

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 am

beautiful blood, everywhere :studgod:

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 am

Hey what face did you use for the shellycobb? It would be perfect for a Steve Bannon figure I've been looking to build.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu May 25, 2017 12:55 pm

It's the squid face from an Atlantis set.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/ca ... b0400&C=59

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sat May 27, 2017 12:48 pm

This is OSSUM :studgod:
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol [CONCLUSION]

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:46 pm

So unfortunately this battle kind of died since I had to change locations. It's lost too much steam and the battlefield got too fucked up for me to really finish this properly, so enjoy this little ending soap so that I can keep the story moving. Episode 2 will hopefully run smoother, as I intend to go the all baseplate route and make it a bit smaller scale. Also, I'm going to safely say that with the most kills Quantumsurfer takes this battle, but good job and thanks for playing all! Anyway, here you go!

CONCLUSION

*The unearthly shrieks of fey and cries of terror from peasants fill the air*

Townsfolk: Ahhh! Run away! Run away!

The Warden: Galvyn! Come quickly, we haven't much time before we are overrun! You must take the Seal out of the city! I will open the stone it is sealed in!

*A stone slab slides open*
The Warden: I have it, now take it before--

Revenant: *Incoherent screech*
The Warden: Argh!
Galvyn: Warden! No!

Dullahan: The Seal is recovered! Fall back!

Galvyn: Sir! Hold still, we'll stop the bleeding!
The Warden: It's too late for that... I came to Armol to check on the security of this Seal because I heard rumors of dark forces moving on the others around Avross. I know not who commanded these fey or for what purpose they took the artifact, but know this; the Seals cannot be allowed to fall into the hands of those that would wish to destroy them. You must prevent this from happening, no matter the cost!
Galvyn: What are the Seals? I don't understand.
The Warden: I have not the strength to impart the knowledge you ask for... *cough* Seek out the Faery Queen, she will give you the knowledge you seek. Take this.

The Warden: My power will transfer to it upon my passing... Use it wisely... I am sorry... for this bur...den... *dies*
Corrik: May the Creator rebuild him into a better life.
Galvyn: What do we do now? I can't just stay here and keep training to join the Renlothian army, not with this task given to me. But I don't even know where to start! Captain, what should I do?
Corrik: I don't know much about these Seals, only that they're powerful and dangerous stuff. But I know a damned lot about fey, and if I had to guess, I'd say he's talking about Titania, she's the queen of the Seelie Fey. The men I know who've met her say she's a wily broad, but if she knows anything about why the unseelie fey are hunting our people out of season and looking for some artifact, we have to risk talking to her.
Galvyn: I'll pack my supplies then, and head into the Wyrdwood to seek her out.
Corrik: Not without me you're not. I'll double the town watch in case any fey return, then we'll both head into the wood. There's no way those bastards are going to get away with attacking my town.
Galvyn: Right. We'd better get started then.

END EPISODE ONE.
Last edited by Bookwyrm on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Good game folks, and thanks for hosting such sweet battle Bookwyrm!