Intergalactic gladiator games [dead for now]

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Intergalactic gladiator games [dead for now]

Post by Cakeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:23 am

After beeing just a passing idea in the back of my mind, the new catalogue with the Avengers set made me take action. So here it is, the intergalactic gladiator games!

We have a connection? Fantastic! I am the lunatic master of these games, and I hope that we will see many memorable moments and much blodshed. You - yes you - have recieved this invitation as a representative of one or several factions in this universe, so DOA style you are allowed to participate in the IGG for amusement and glory.

With me here at the arena is my generous co-host Lord Cake.

So where is this arena you might ask? I will tell you - welcome to the arena IN THE RUINS OF OLD YELLOW CASTLE!! (built with actual parts from old yellow castle! promise!) Can you imagine a place more fitting for a competition minifig vs minifig? The spirit of the king will surely approve and oversee this.

So, all heroes of aspiring wannabees are invited to battle. What you must do to enter is to post a picture in this thread of the minifig that you want to enter, and a short description of training/cliché (just a few words). I will then try to recreate the minifig here to participate in the fights (wont promise i will be able to recreate them exactly, or even that close but I'll try). So heroes, enter!

Last edited by Cakeman on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: Intergalactic gladiator games [signup]

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 am

This looks Ossum! Would it be possible to play as Hiremas Alkerith? (Only head and hair are important, clothes can be changed if you need them to be), obviously, he's my avatar. Or, if you can't do him, you could do Miles Ripley:
He wears ADU uniform that's been customised (But you can leave it as vanilla). If you can't do him, you can always do Commander W. Gree:
:spoil:
Spoiler
Show
This is a spoiler for the upcoming turn three, but hey, who gives a shit?
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 am

Here are some warriors I have mustered together:
ImageNekoRanger
ImageUltimate Edgelord DX
ImageDoomguy
Image Dr Lennard Hardy
Image Arnold Braunschweiger
:protip: The beret is just a placeholder for a crew cut and can be replaced accordingly. If neither are at hand, you can choose a long ass wig to represent Arnold in his days as a tribal warlord.

Let me know, which of these can be replicated easily.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:31 am

I will be away with the family a few days so i will not be alla to build minifigs right now, just see how many participants show up. Edgelord could be doable, and Arnold, but unsure about Alkerith. But will know more this weekend :-)

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Post by Archduke » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:43 am

This looks very cool, Masuku wants in,

Last edited by Archduke on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 am

Aidan Nox, bastard son of the Arkhosian Emperor, gunfighter, and treasure hunter.

The hair and head don't actually have to be those pieces, any yellow head that looks somewhat youthful but not childish and some kind of either blonde or tan hair that isn't too long, it can be a messier hair piece though. Eventually I plan to make it this:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Products/H ... quality=80

For the torso and legs, even my rendition isn't perfect. If you have the crimson legs from some of the Guardians figures from Marvel, those would be better than the black ones I used, but those are still fine, and if you don't have any of their red jacket pieces (there are like two or three different ones) any kind of jacket or trenchcoat would work as well, such as this

The pistols don't have to be the same pieces either, but if you can try to make one look like an autopistol and the other a plasma pistol/handcannon type thing. Thanks in advance, this looks like it'll be a fun battle.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 am

Can I have the guy in blue, if possible? Legs are 501st, as is the chestpiece. Respirator and power miners helmet.
Image[/url]
General Kage of the Omegalon Gunnery Corps

If there's any problems, let me know.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Masuko, Nox and Kage looks more or less doable, from memory. What a lineup we have!

Fights will start this weekend. Hopefully there will be an even number of combatants :-)

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Coldar Starkrowe(pronounced Star-crow). The never dying warrior. Slayer of darkness. Devastator of mead kegs.

His legs and torso are from Boromir, lotr line, but anything remotely similar will do. Boromir figs aren't that common.
His helmet is ya viking helm, if you do not have one of these a pointy knight helmet will probably suffice.
Any cape will do. Don't worry about the poncho thing. Same goes for the head, any old-man-head will be fine. (without glasses though :D )

This fight is going to be prrretty good.
Last edited by TastySkippy123 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Tastyskippy123, you should resize the image so it's easier to see without using a desktop.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Darthnox129 wrote:Tastyskippy123, you should resize the image so it's easier to see without using a desktop.
Shhh! You don't want to awaken the bann, he murders those who do no resize their images.

I noticed the image size and am resizing it right now, thanks :)

Hamahaki
Officer

Post by Hamahaki » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:57 pm

looks cool
Banned from both brikwars discords 3 times

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Sorry to change this now, but I've been reworking my faction's backstory and Aidan Nox is a peach *gasp*. I don't really care what head he has but like I said it should not look too old.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Omega Prime wrote:Can I have the guy in blue, if possible? Legs are 501st, as is the chestpiece. Respirator and power miners helmet.
Image[/url]
General Kage of the Omegalon Gunnery Corps
Cliche is Sci-Fi Warrior, cybernetic enhanced human.

If there's any problems, let me know.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Is it too late to enter another fighter, or have the games begun? Totally fine if you can't fit me in. :)
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata